Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

@mirkogazzetta

Vidal a Torino: "Il mio futuro? Lunedì parlerò con il mister..."

It's all right lads, I got this. I did Spanish for my Leaving Cert.

1399936077611.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Keno wrote: »
    It's all right lads, I got this. I did Spanish for my Leaving Cert.

1399936077611.jpg

You think it's difficult to translate a simple sentence from spanish to english?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Also added this
    Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganbbc 17m
    Staying with #mufc and Dutch players, believe club are monitoring Memphis Depay. Any move could see him loaned out for first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Adam Digby ‏@Adz77 3m
    Arturo Vidal to @mirkogazzetta: "I'll speak to Allegri on Monday, I'm not going to Manchester" #JuveNews #MUFC

You think it's difficult to translate a simple sentence from spanish to english?

It's actually in Italian...

It's actually in Italian...

So? You're post was referring to spanish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-honour-merchandise-sold-3908220

Manchester United will honour any half price merchandise bought during an online gaffe.

Customers trying to purchase a new home shirt on the club's official shop overnight got a shock when they saw it listed at just £22.

Kitbag.com, who run the shop, accidentally included the new strip as part of a half price sale leaving a number of fans snapping it up at rock bottom price.

And now Manchester United have confirmed to Mirror Online that they will honour the discount.

"United Direct, the Club’s Official Online Megastore, which is run by our e-commerce partner Kitbag, sent out communications which contained details of an erroneous discount code to our fans around the globe - this offer has now ended," they said.

"United Direct will honour all consumer orders placed using this discount code, an approach which is fully endorsed by the Club.”

The discount was originally spotted during the LA Galaxy friendly before being taken down around 8am.

So? You're post was referring to spanish...

1404334289652.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They guy on twitter has 1000 followers.

If we sign him, we sign him.

1404334289652.jpg

It's funny. It's really, really funny.

Anyway, there's about 50 different versions of that quote going around now. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I took it as he will go to Italy to speak to the manager on Monday not to Manchester

Also that Chilean paper that had all the United stuff are saying Liverpool have matched United's offer so I think we can safely mark them unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Last nights match being re-run at the minute on MUTV - just about to kick off.

I took it as he will go to Italy to speak to the manager on Monday not to Manchester

Also that Chilean paper that had all the United stuff are saying Liverpool have matched United's offer so I think we can safely mark them unreliable

Yeah, I'll be in Turin on Monday and not Manchester.

Not trying to stir anything, but would Juventus sell their top star to Liverpool? You know...

Sport Witness are all over this
    Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 22s
    You'd need a video to be sure because every Italian outlet seems to have a different version.

Italian media seem to be as bad as the english for making stories and alleged quotes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yeah, I'll be in Turin on Monday and not Manchester.

Not trying to stir anything, but would Juventus sell their top star to Liverpool? You know...

They'll sell to anyone if the price is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

They'll sell to anyone if the price is right.
    They will sell to anyone is right, dosent mean the player will go to the seller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

well lads went back through my history to this morning and the jersey was in my basket at the €40 so decided to refresh the page still €40

went through paypal and it was paid and got a reciept so hopefully they may (i highly doubt it) honor it

pray for me lads and ladies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 1 min
    For what it's worth, my view on Vidal hasn't changed. Still fairly confident as are United.

.. For what its worth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Journo's aren't very clear about what was actually said regarding the Manchester bit;
    Vidal exits the airport. SI reporter keeps pushing: Are you staying? But are staying? Vidal: I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m happy here”
    And either SI cut off when he has supposedly said: I’m not going to Manchester OR he didn’t say it. That’s unclear. The rest is faithful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,668 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fenix wrote: »
    Journo's aren't very clear about what was actually said regarding the Manchester bit;

if he said that SI would have shown it

SI are a gutter tv sports new channel

And an actual video of it happening

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/10536189_675028055910174_2020170737_n.mp4?oh=4ddcabcbc0eae76179a711b60e07b0b2&oe=53D1739E&__gda__=1406234585_48549d9d4c90ded8e2fe38673bfb7ae4
    James Horncastle @JamesHorncastle
    Here’s the Vidal clip via @vishnu87. When asked: You’re not going to Manchester, true? Vidal replies: No, no

I would translate that as: "I'm too nice to tell you to fcuk off out of my face" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

it might mean we have not put a bid in or are still in discussion, it doesn't mean nothing is happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

FFS someone just end this ****ing saga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭billyhead

The vid does not tell us anything. Hes is trying to get through the airport as quick as possible and does not give a conclusive answer. Actually when the reporter asks about are you going to Manchester or staying he replys no no which could be construed as implying no I am not staying I am on my bike:D. Stay positive people.;)

• Advertisement

Obviously he cant really say if he is leaving or not yet for whatever reasons but he doesnt come across as someone whose unsure of their future, he's been very happy and cheery in every interview since Chile went out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

STROOTMAN

That "no no" sounds like a man who is refusing to give an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

NTMK wrote: »
    FFS someone just end this ****ing saga

Is it really a saga though? I don't think even one single reliable journalist, in England or Italy has said we were even interested all Summer. This whole thing seems to have taken on a life of its own fed by the rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My Jersey is packed and ready to despatch...

funny-gif-wrestler-eyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Just regarding Adam Digby as a journo, he will only put up pro-Juventus stuff. He's a fan of theres and as such has tried to scoff any rumour of Vidal joining United with a "pfft why would he join them and leave us?" kind of attitude.

Basically he looks down his nose at anyone not his beloved Juventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

more than likely not going to get Vidal. It is not looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MagicIRL wrote: »
    STROOTMAN

???

Transfer tourettes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

astradave wrote: »

Same
    This order has been packed and is awaiting dispatch. Payment has been taken for this order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we don't get Vidal we still need to sign a box to box, tough tackling midfielder or we're going to find it hard against the top sides. If not Strootman then Carvalho looks the real deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Wow Herrera looks good, nearly brought a tear to my eye seeing a United midfielder play a pass forward in the opposition half. He doesn't panic when he's closed down either, plays his way out of trouble. I'm very happy with him, in fact nearly everyone looked good.

A performance like that, even though it's only a pre-season friendly, takes the edge of desperation off our transfer dealings for now. Hopefully Woodward can take advantage of the respite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

billyhead wrote: »
    He didn't say that. The quote in the article is even different from the quote in the headline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »

Mine says "Charged Not Shipped"

Scene: London Hotel
    Time: 22:34

Woodward: So we have a deal regarding Arturo Vidal?
    Agnelli: Yes my good friend!
    W: Very good. The sum of £40.4 million is excessive, but we are happy to conclude this deal. Between ourselves we do not have a penny extra, we are even using this weeks shirt sales to pay.
    A: You are getting a very fine player.
    W: At least social media will be singing my name for weeks to come!
    A: Ahahahaha yes my friend. Nothing can go wrong now. Please, you can now sign the document. Now.
    W: One moment, I need to take this all in.
    A: As you wish.
    W: Ok let's do this!!!
    A: Here is a pen!
    W: Here we go!

Woodward is about to sign when one of his reps bursts in and leans into his ear.

*whisperwhisperwhisper*

A: Mr Woodward?
    A: Mr Woodward?
    W: We...em...have a problem.
    A: Yes?
    W: Some ****ers in boards.ie are after getting their kits for 30 quid the fcuking *****.
    A: oh dear? So you cannot afford Vidal?
    W: We have £40,399,120?
    A: ohh this is a terrible shame...
    W: we can give you Anderson
    A: Security...
    W: wait..maybe we can work...pleas...I can...
    A: Silenzio

As Ed is getting dragged out...

"BOARDSIIIIIEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Mine says "Charged Not Shipped"

It says "This order has been packed and is awaiting dispatch. Payment has been taken for this order"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It says "This order has been packed and is awaiting dispatch. Payment has been taken for this order"

Yeah, it says one on the main page and the other under "Details". I reckon we should know for sure in 12 hours or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are we on about jerseys or Vidal?

paulbok wrote: »
    Are we on about jerseys or Vidal?

Both

:)

This is the exact comments made. Its still on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Scene: London Hotel
    Time: 22:34
    The Meeting

So you're we are not signing Vidal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think Herrera is our vidal, we would be much more balanced if we got carvalho plus hes much more gettable, we do need a centre half or 2

I be happy with this because LVP is such an improvement over moyes, hes even better than fergie , dare I say it

De gea

Smalling
    Evans
    Jones

Rafael
    Carvalho
    Herrera
    shaw

Mata

Rvp
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think Herrera is our vidal, we would be much more balanced if we got carvalho plus hes much more gettable, we do need a centre half or 2

I be happy with this because LVP is such an improvement over moyes, hes even better than fergie , dare I say it

De gea

Smalling
    Evans
    Jones

Rafael
    Carvalho
    Herrera

Mata

Rvp
    Rooney

No balance there on the left! No pace really and well we are probably not signing Carvalho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

De gea

Smalling
    Evans
    Jones
    shaw

Rafael
    Carvalho
    Herrera

Mata

Rvp
    Rooney

Ninja edit?

Also I wouldnt jump the gun on LvG, thats a pretty huge claim to make

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think Herrera is our vidal, we would be much more balanced if we got carvalho plus hes much more gettable

De gea

Smalling
    Evans
    Jones

Rafael
    Carvalho
    Herrera

Mata

Rvp
    Rooney

Louis van Paal... he's everybody's best friend :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement