Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ninja edit?

Also I wouldnt jump the gun on LvG, thats a pretty huge claim to make

Fergie has never been the best tactician and we all know that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Seems like a lose-lose situation for LA Galaxy. If Galaxy took it seriously and won people would say "it is only preseason for United" (not to mention risk of fatigue/injuries). When Galaxy lose people would say they are crap.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Louis van Paal... he's everybody's best friend :)

Must say.....he's a joy to watch during training, love his enthusiasm!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What a load of gobobble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Watching the match from last night.

Herrera looks superb.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I be happy with this because LVP is such an improvement over moyes, hes even better than fergie , dare I say it

Ah here...I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Doesn't mean LvG is better, Fergie was some motivator. I'm not saying that either is better or worse just that it's way too early to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

764dak wrote: »
    Seems like a lose-lose situation for LA Galaxy. If Galaxy took it seriously and won people would say "it is only preseason for United" (not to mention risk of fatigue/injuries). When Galaxy lose people would say they are crap.

Lose lose for united too though if you want to look at the downside. Lose to Galaxy and utd are muck, beat them and sure werent we supposed to anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The Sun are claiming United 'lost' £200,000 on the store glitch last night and that 4,000 people placed orders and according to the Sun a club spokesperson has confirmed all orders will be processed.

They still made a hefty profit on the jerseys even selling at that low price.
    I suppose you could say they potentially lost the difference of 30 euro per jersey but there is no guarantee that buyers would have bought at that price so its not a real loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Completely off current topic but was talking about Old Trafford today at work... I know there was plans to increase capacity to about 90,000 years back, with Real and Barca coming out with future stadium plans lately I was wondering have those 90k capacity plans been scrapped totally or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Do some people really think Fergie wasn't a great tactician? I thought he was, sure there was better but that doesn't mean he wasn't great. Motivation will only get you so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

My shirts are "packed and is awaiting dispatch, payment has been taken for this order". Looking good so far anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

irishfeen wrote: »
    Completely off current topic but was talking about Old Trafford today at work... I know there was plans to increase capacity to about 90,000 years back, with Real and Barca coming out with future stadium plans lately I was wondering have those 90k capacity plans been scrapped totally or what?

it would cost a **** ton to redevelop due to the housing and a trainline running behind it also issues with historical grade listings iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Do some people really think Fergie wasn't a great tactician? I thought he was, sure there was better but that doesn't mean he wasn't great. Motivation will only get you so far.
    Managed to get a a relatively average side to the Champions League final in 2011 .Of course he wasnt tactically average. Also used Ronaldo as a central striker and Rooney on left in 08/09 Champions league. Unlucky in 2013 aswell against Real madrid opting to play Welbeck off a Van persie instead of rooney. Jones played very well in midfield also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

NTMK wrote: »
    it would cost a **** ton to redevelop due to the housing and a trainline running behind it also issues with historical grade listings iirc
    Granted it would cost a pound or two but realistically we want to keep pace with the Spanish duo and of course the extra revenue from the 15-20k extra fans would be very welcome to the clubs coffer's - the vast majority of PL games would probably sell out 90k tickets at OT - The draw of the club is mindblowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think Fergie was poor at imparting a style of play on his players. Great at putting players in the right role and motivation for big games but when the top quality players weren't firing the team had no real style of play to fall back on at times I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,662 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hate the asymmetry caused by the south stand, it needs to go! and it's pretty old

Railway lines can be built over, the old Lansdowne Rd and new Aviva both did.

Has the club been gradually buying up the houses near the south stand for years now? I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,662 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

didn't get the discount on the store, but I did find this, which could keep the kids away from the fire and only six euro :pac:

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=142976&cid=11095

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Been away from the forum most of the day, what have I missed? Any news on transfers or all our targets still on holidays ;)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

didn't get the discount on the store, but I did find this, which could keep the kids away from the fire and only six euro :pac:

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=142976&cid=11095

Jebus. That's my Halloween costume sorted.

• Advertisement

My shirts are "packed and is awaiting dispatch, payment has been taken for this order". Looking good so far anyway!

Ok so we're definitely getting them anyway, my shirts have now shipped;
    This order was shipped with DHL Global Mail Europe on the 24 July 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

FFS my card hasn't been charged yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Been away from the forum most of the day, what have I missed? Any news on transfers or all our targets still on holidays ;)?

It escalated quickly, it really got out of hand fast. In fact it jumped up a notch. Van Gaal stabbed Cleverley in the heart. Woodward saw it. There were horses, a man on fire and LVG killed Cleverley with a trident. He's been laying low for a while.

Everyone else kept their heads on a swivel and that's what you've got to do when you find yourself in a cockfight. A proud moment which means that we're brokering a deal for Vidal along with some new suits at the toilet store next tuesday.

thenug-RACJCypDmQ.gif

Gadge wrote: »
    FFS my card hasn't been charged yet :(

Very strange, does anything show up in your Order History on the store website? There could be a back log of orders to get through with the volume of traffic last night so don't worry just yet.

It escalated quickly, it really got out of hand fast. In fact it jumped up a notch. Van Gaal stabbed Cleverley in the heart. Woodward saw it. There were horses, a man on fire and LVG killed Cleverley with a trident. He's been laying low for a while.

Everyone else kept their heads on a swivel and that's what you've got to do when you find yourself in a cockfight. A proud moment which means that we're brokering a deal for Vidal along with some new suits at the toilet store next tuesday.

thenug-RACJCypDmQ.gif

Awww man, I leave for a few hours and miss a fight, horses, fire, tridents, Vidal AND SUITS??? Just my luck :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Story broke earlier that had Vidal saying he wasn't going to Manchester Utd.

Turned out he was mis quoted and well didn't really say too much. "No no" was about as exciting as it got.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hate the asymmetry caused by the south stand, it needs to go! and it's pretty old

Railway lines can be built over, the old Lansdowne Rd and new Aviva both did.

Has the club been gradually buying up the houses near the south stand for years now? I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

It's all about the cost benefit analysis. AFAIK the last time the looked at it they decided that the cost of adding an extra 15000 seats wasn't worth it. It is possible to build over the railway tracks, but it would be prohibitively expensive. The Aviva Stadium was moved East so that the new West stand isn't built over the rail line. Only the pedestrian platform covers it. Can't really move OT North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

For people getting messages regarding their jerseys, did you register to the site?

I didn't and just paid with PayPal and I received a payment E-Mail last night and nothing else.

adox wrote: »

Turned out he was mis quoted and well didn't really say too much. "No no" was about as exciting as it got.

Ha a usual day of speculation so, wonder when the next signing will be, I'm going to say on Tuesday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

watched the galaxy match and hererra looked class a great signing i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mine says the same... Not showing on dhl tracking yet tho

Keno wrote: »
    For people getting messages regarding their jerseys, did you register to the site?

I didn't and just paid with PayPal and I received a payment E-Mail last night and nothing else.

I am registered on the site but wasn't logged in at time, I also paid with PayPal. I just got email conformation from PayPal that money was sent, I've been getting updates on my order when I log into the site and go to the store under Order History.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

adox wrote: »

But great excitement for the Liverpool fans who thought their Scouselacticos would be completed now that Vidal said no to Manchester :pac:

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Mine says the same... Not showing on dhl tracking yet tho

Yeh mine is the same but then I realized it wasn't a tracking number we were given, it appears to be a 'Courier reference' number which isn't the same format as the tracking numbers.

so is vidal 100% a nonrunner now? i am confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeh mine is the same but then I realized it wasn't a tracking number we were given, it appears to be a 'Courier reference' number which isn't the same format as the tracking numbers.

I got a tracking number...
    Estimated Delivery:
    Friday, July 25, 2014
    By End of Day

so is vidal 100% a nonrunner now? i am confused

No, the interview is being misquoted it appears. Still appears no one knows yet and is very much up in the air.

315826.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Ha a usual day of speculation so, wonder when the next signing will be, I'm going to say on Tuesday :P

Well according to those comments attributed to Vidal earlier, he's not meeting the manager (Allegri) til Monday, so Tuesday's as good a guess as any.

i thought we were overpaying for hererra but loved him in galaxy game great confidence great passer and always getting into good position to receive a pass oh and looking for the ball

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    I got a tracking number...
    Estimated Delivery:
    Friday, July 25, 2014
    By End of Day

Did you get the tracking number via email? Just seems to be a courier reference in the Order History.

Did you pay for express delivery? That's a very quick estimated delivery date.

When you pay with PayPal and don't have an account already with them they set it up using your PayPal email.. go to log in and enter your PayPal email and click that you forgot the password and it will send you a new password where you can access your profile then and check your order history

Did you get the tracking number via email? Just seems to be a courier reference in the Order History.

Did you pay for express delivery? That's a very quick estimated delivery date.

Yeah got express delivery as wanted it ASAP.. when I go into the details it has track your package here beside the code and shows all the details there.. its with DHL Europe too

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah got express delivery as wanted it ASAP.. when I go into the details it has track your package here beside the code and shows all the details there.. its with DHL Europe too

Ah I see, it must be different for standard delivery so, there's no track your package option (yet) in details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I be happy with this because LVP is such an improvement over moyes, hes even better than fergie , dare I say it

As I said way back:
    I think it will take Van Gaal to have his go before some people will actually realise how good Fergie was. And maybe even the following manager.
    I don't know why this is the case, but there you go.

Fergie is one of the true greats. His record speaks for itself. Absolutely incredible, unparalleled results with St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Man United.

Van Gaal:
    - His last club job he was sacked due to poor position.
    - With AZ he left successful (although he had to be persuaded to stay on prior to that year after finishing a lowly 11th).
    - He left Ajaz due to an internal conflict.
    - He was sacked at Barcelona when having them just 3pts off relegation in January!
    - In his first stint at Barcelona he was forced out following extreme media criticism (and losing the title).
    - At Ajax he could do no wrong and left successfully having served his contract.

The reality of it is that Van Gaal is certainly not consistent and he is more often than not sacked due to poor results.

I'm delighted to have him here and can't wait for the season to kick off. But lets be realistic.

My order status is 'Picking'.

Hurry it up lads...

My order status is 'Picking'.

Hurry it up lads...

Did you get names and numbers on the back?

"Shirt printing - Shirts requiring personalisation (for example with additional name, numbering and badges added) may take an extra 3 days before they are ready to be despatched."

Did you get names and numbers on the back?

"Shirt printing - Shirts requiring personalisation (for example with additional name, numbering and badges added) may take an extra 3 days before they are ready to be despatched."

I got my other half's name on it. I know it's cheesy but they're going to love it.

Mata - 8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fair enough, I like it as a formation if he can get it to work. Can't see room for nani, zaha, young at the club unless he's willing to move to a 3-4-3 formation at times

You can play a winger type in that front two of the 3412. They can move into positions to use their pace on whichever defender they fancy their chances against, so making space and providing chances for the other attackers.

I'd say what's more of a threat to Nani, Zaha and Young's place in the squad is the number of players for those front two positions. There's those three wingers, the four strikers and possibly even one of the 10s on occasion, all competing for games there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Herrera was unbelievable last night!

American fans are shocking bad. Mexicam waves can die a death too. No atmosphere in the stadium.
    The rose bowl is a nice stadium but traffic is crazy getting to it!

I dunno if ye saw the pitch invader afterwards but two security guards timed their tackles perfectly and absolutely lathered the lad. It was fantastic. Looked like he had a pair of gaa shorts on so I think he might have been Irish!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement