Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

J. Marston wrote: »
    About 1:30am yesterday.

Mine was 1:36am... Patience is a virtue buddy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Yahay!! That journo must be a genius!! (Great minds think alike!) :D:D

Edit: On reading that "article" i would say my brief view on the player was more accurate than his. Must be an easy trade to work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

What time is kick off for the game tomorrow against AS Roma (GMT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What time is kick off for the game tomorrow against AS Roma (GMT)

9pm ish I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Fenix wrote: »
    Mine was 1:36am... Patience is a virtue buddy ;)

Mine just marked shipped. I ordered at about 9ish so hopefully yours get done over the next few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

What channel is the Roma game on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

NUTZZ wrote: »
    So with Bebe gone today this is how we look so far;

In: Luke Shaw - Southampton - £34m

Ander Herrera - Athletic Bilbao - £29m

Vanja Milinkovic - FK Vojvodina - Undisclosed

Out: Bebe - Benfica - Undisclosed

Alexander Buttner - Dinamo Moscow - £5.6m

Nemanja Vidic - Inter Milan - Free

Patrice Evra - Juventus - £1.2m

Federico Macheda - Cardiff City - Free

Jack Barmby - Leicester City - Free

Rio Ferdinand - QPR - Free

Ryan Giggs - Retired

Louis Rowley - Leicester - Free

How the fcuk did Ed get 5.6m for Buttner?Brilliant bit of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What channel is the Roma game on ?

Sky sports or Mobdro for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Deiseboy01 wrote: »

He must have watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers before he did that deal :D

"Sir you have just bought yourself a cracking little player"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dahat wrote: »
    Sky sports or Mobdro for me.
    It's not on Sky Sports? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Maybe on Italian Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's unfortunate that LVG took over in a World Cup year. Otherwise he'd probably have finished his player evaluations by now and quite possibly completed all his signings.:(

He must have watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers before he did that deal :D

"Sir you have just bought yourself a cracking little player"

Love that show but have the fcukers ever made a profit? They say they do but never count poor auld Edd's labour which must tot up to thousands at times! !

Back to Butthead, that deal is approaching Daniel Levy good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Evra's agent,
    Federico Pastorello, one of the most important agents, was a guest on the show “Speciale Calciomercato” he discussed a few important transfer stories. Did Manchester United and Juventus discuss Vidal during Evra’s transfer?:”There never was a time in which they discussed Vidal. But I do believe he could be one of their targets.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/evras-agent-pastorellojuventus-and-united-didnt-discuss-vidal/

Marotta,
    Juventus’ CEO spoke during the unveiling of Pereyra. He weighed in on Vidal: “He renewed his contract with Juventus last year, he’s happy here and he intends to stay: he’s happy. Vidal is not up for sale.”

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/juventus-marotta-vidal-is-not-up-for-sale-hes-happy-here-and-he-intends-to-stay/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So again another day away from the forum! Have I missed anything plausible in transfer rumours? Have Vidal's neighbours shed any light on the situation ;). Have any more "sources" leaked info about possible targets ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

We got £8m from CSKA Moscow for Zoran Tosic four years ago.

Figure that out if you can.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So again another day away from the forum! Have I missed anything plausible in transfer rumours? Have Vidal's neighbours shed any light on the situation ;). Have any more "sources" leaked info about possible targets ;)

Some guys are saying LvG vetoed the Vidal deal, some disagree, others maintain there is no interest in the first place.

Some guys are saying LvG vetoed the Vidal deal, some disagree, others maintain there is no interest in the first place.

Ha so really no one truly knows what was happening ha. No doubt it will made clearer during the season what happened.

Since Vidal deal seems like nothing at this stage any talk about possible alternatives. Carvalho? Heard Strootman talk has been squashed too.

Nothing on CB either from what I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Trilla wrote: »
    vidal

tumblr_m8i6v5az6Q1rtzo8wo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hang on, lets not carried away here, i wouldnt call it anything close to brilliant business, Buttner is defo worth that and perhaps more.

a completely unknown player signs for us for £4 million, plays 28 games for one of the biggest clubs in the world including playing a very decent game towards the end of his stint marking Robben in a champions league 1/4 - he is going to command a very decent fee and rightly so. most people would have been happy to have him as back up to Shaw for the coming season, in fact people on here wanted him as first choice at times last season. lets put it this way - it will probably cost a hell of a lot more to replace him as we need a left sided full back cover, as at the moment we have only one player who can play there.

i wouldnt be calling that brilliant business at all considering that we resold Tosic for more than what we paid and he barely played for us. we also got serious money for the likes of foster and richardson and they achieved feck all for us so lets put things into perspective - £4.4m-£5.6 million is minimum value for a player of his stature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Trilla wrote: »
    vidal

Is tomorrow Sarturoday?

Real got falcao. That's how you do business.

Meanwhile in Manchester there's no value in the market again.

You know, we're as big as Real Madrid in many respects. Depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Looks like the Vidal story has finally ran it's course, or very nearly at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id like just one transfer window without a transfer saga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Zico wrote: »
    Indeed.

(I think you're better than that when everything is clear in your head.)

How about replying to the rest of my post and stop being disingenuous.

Nani has been shown to be a top level performer when on his game and he could very well fill a role in LvG's squad, it's pretty well established that he improves significantly with consistent gametime.

Everything is clear in my head btw.

sky88 wrote: »
    Id like just one transfer window without a transfer saga

Game Of Thrones is a saga.

This is just journos and such filling column inches and people getting worked up for no reason.

adox wrote: »
    Looks like the Vidal story has finally ran it's course, or very nearly at least.

Ah don't listen to the players and staff, his neighbours assured the papers he's moving ;)

At the moment a new midfielder would be great, but in my mind a centre back is more important. No disrespect to Smalling but I sometimes doubt his reliability in the centre. Also if we are playing with three centre backs we will need another cb or two incase of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Game Of Thrones is a saga.

This is just journos and such filling column inches and people getting worked up for no reason.

Winter is coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

WTF???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sorry, what?:eek:

hang on, lets not carried away here, i wouldnt call it anything close to brilliant business, Buttner is defo worth that and perhaps more.

a completely unknown player signs for us for £4 million, plays 28 games for one of the biggest clubs in the world including playing a very decent game towards the end of his stint marking Robben in a champions league 1/4 - he is going to command a very decent fee and rightly so. most people would have been happy to have him as back up to Shaw for the coming season, in fact people on here wanted him as first choice at times last season. lets put it this way - it will probably cost a hell of a lot more to replace him as we need a left sided full back cover, as at the moment we have only one player who can play there.

i wouldnt be calling that brilliant business at all considering that we resold Tosic for more than what we paid and he barely played for us. we also got serious money for the likes of foster and richardson and they achieved feck all for us so lets put things into perspective - £4.4m-£5.6 million is minimum value for a player of his stature.

Ah I wouldn't say minimum, depends on the length of contract left (any idea btw). Would have liked to have seen him kept though as LWB seems like it would be his best possible position too. I like the guy also, seemed really keen on United.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he blows up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If they got falcao it must be around £40 million

I wouldnt go the real route the whole but every now and again it would be nice to flex the financial muscle.

Its late, its Friday night, you've hopefully had a few so I'll excuse the above! anyone who's seen the lad play will be amazed we got five plus mill for him, hes really really really average. Brilliant result in my opinion.

Zico wrote: »
    We got £8m from CSKA Moscow for Zoran Tosic four years ago.

Figure that out if you can.

Tax right off?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Winter is coming

I know we'd all want to see a midfielder signed, and there is the Dutch link etc, but surely this fella is a bit past it.....

Falcao apparently on a year loan

Nearly certain I saw it advertised though it was on Sat with telly on mute.... Just assumed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Falcao apparently on a year loan

A loan??? Something VERY VERY fishy is going on there

MrMac84 wrote: »

Wait till Di Maria goes to PSG on loan as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

A way of getting around FFP restrictions. Sign now with agreed price but pay next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

It's all got to do with dodging the FFP and a that, I read that PSG are trying the same with Di Maria, it's all to get around that

I dont see a huge issue with that, they have to pay the cost anyway so matching one season or another they are just cutting into their ability to pay next season, that can only be an occasional move really.

Reports that Real MIGHT get Falcao.

Big difference to "real got Falcao".

Calm down on the hyperbole buddy.

• Advertisement

Reports that Real MIGHT get Falcao.

Big difference to "real got Falcao".

Calm down on the hyperbole buddy.

Excuse me with my hyperbole. This transfer has been in the works for a long time. It's very likely that it will happen now. And some report saying its as good as done.

Excuse me with my hyperbole. This transfer has been in the works for a long time. It's very likely that it will happen now. And some report saying its as good as done.

Like Vidal was as good as done?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

dahat wrote: »
    Nearly certain I saw it advertised though it was on Sat with telly on mute.... Just assumed.

The Utd games are only on MUTV not on sky sports, with the exception of the final I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Having a transfer in the works for a long time that might or might not go through certainly seems to be how most every club does business alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi are you new to media?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement