Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Real Madrid not united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Excuse me with my hyperbole. This transfer has been in the works for a long time. It's very likely that it will happen now. And some report saying its as good as done.

Ah here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ah here

I know! It is one of the most wonderful things I have seen on boards to date.

I know! It is one of the most wonderful things I have seen on boards to date.

Really yeah? Sure we'll see what happens I guess

Really yeah? Sure we'll see what happens I guess

I think Falcao will go to Madrid by the way.

I think Falcao will go to Madrid by the way.

Then why have a bash at me?

Then why have a bash at me?

Because this is the least substantiated most ridiculous argument I have ever heard.

It's very likely that it will happen now. And some report saying its as good as done.

Because this is the least substantiated most ridiculous argument I have ever heard.

Really. Should be here for the nani debate. Night night

Really. Should be here for the nani debate. Night night

Ha I missed that one, I was only messing its just its a bit like saying that Pogba is going to Chelsea as some guy in a pub said it, and the last time a guy in a pub told me something it was true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Carvalho seems to be the only centre midfielder that is gettable, I haven't seen much of him but he's supposed to be very good. He's available for 37m, would you guys be happy if we got him?

There's no point in going for superstars already at big clubs, we don't appeal to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Carvalho seems to be the only centre midfielder that is gettable, I haven't seen much of him but he's supposed to be very good. He's available for 37m, would you guys be happy if we got him?

There's no point in going for superstars already at big clubs, we don't appeal to them

What do you think. You post fantasy line ups and ask opinions u seem knowledgable give your opinion for once.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What do you think. You post fantasy line ups and ask opinions u seem knowledgable give your opinion for once.

He said he hasn't seen much of him and gave reasons why carvalho would be more realistic than other names floating about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

From my initial calmness and optimistic hopes on the whole Vidal saga, now comes the sad part....
    its spun out...bye bye media saga, we loved you.

So. Blind, Vermaelaen and some unknown Croatian midfielder it is then..
    .. With Ed announcing in September we could have broken the world transfer record if we wanted to..

...I will freely admit I am very very drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Nuts102 wrote: »

You must not have read my post properly because if you did you will see I did give an opinion which was that I didn't know much about him, what is it about some posters in here ,massive chips on their shoulders always wanting a dig at someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah I wouldn't say minimum, depends on the length of contract left (any idea btw). Would have liked to have seen him kept though as LWB seems like it would be his best possible position too. I like the guy also, seemed really keen on United.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he blows up tbh.
    I think he would have stayed under 99% of managers but not Van Gaal.

From my initial calmness and optimistic hopes on the whole Vidal saga, now comes the sad part....
    its spun out...bye bye media saga, we loved you.

So. Blind, Vermaelaen and some unknown Croatian midfielder it is then..
    .. With Ed announcing in September we could have broken the world transfer record if we wanted to..

...I will freely admit I am very very drunk :)

Random croatian? If you mean tosic then we bought him ages ago and sold him ages ago

Liam O wrote: »
    I think he would have stayed under 99% of managers but not Van Gaal.

Why, what happened? did he ask to leave?

You must not have read my post properly because if you did you will see I did give an opinion which was that I didn't know much about him, what is it about some posters in here ,massive chips on their shoulders always wanting a dig at someone
    Based on no Vidal now the latest, throw the money at them, and let LVG work his magic on him..
    Have not seen enough of him to big him up or knock his price...but I am sick of one thing.
    WE are one of the biggest (if not the biggest) clubs in the world (Adidas deal etc), let's for once do a Real on it, and just blitz one big transfer thru...

For once I said, so don't start the "not the Manchester way," responses..

Random croatian? If you mean tosic then we bought him ages ago and sold him ages ago

Plenty more out non names out there..
    Bebe says hello..
    ..and goodbye

• Advertisement

Plenty more out there..
    Bebe says hello..

Any chance you'd answer the question since apparently I got it wrong.

Tosic was from Serbia I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

110k tickets sold for the Real game. Imagine playing in that :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

This thread has become almost unbearable. Tempted to leave til the season starts.

It's one thing to be cautious but no need to be doom merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    This thread has become almost unbearable. Tempted to leave til the season starts.

It's one thing to be cautious but no need to be doom merchants.

This wont help so..

David McDonnell @DiscoMirror
    Rafael leaves Man Utd training session early with what looks like a groin strain #MUFC

From the presser..

Louis van Gaal confirms Rafael has suffered what appears to be a groin injury. "We know he cannot play tomorrow." #mutour

Van Gaal confirms he'll play two different teams in the two halves vs @OfficialASRoma. "Shinji will play the second half." #mutour

An insight into #mufc training under Louis van Gaal: "This morning we had a team playing like Roma and a team playing like United." #mutour

The boss on transfer plans: "I never say anything about individuals... certainly not about players who are not at United." #mutour

om Cleverley is with van Gaal & says: "I watched the Netherlands in the World Cup and I think I'm going to be his type of player." #mutour

More from Cleverley: "I have to show that in training &, most importantly, games. I think there's a place for me but I have to prove that."

Van Gaal on his philosophy: "I train players not in their legs but their brains." #mutour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 18m
    Van Gaal says #MUFC must wait to see how Kevin Strootman recovers from injury before deciding whether to move for him

StrootmON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rafael is injured? That's new.

Heard it all before from Cleverley. He's 25 in a few weeks, time is up for TC23.

Strootman is a good player but I'd be wary of buying him so soon after that type of knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Tom Cleverley is with van Gaal & says: "I watched the Netherlands in the World Cup and I think I'm going to be his type of player."

Fighting words from Tom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

More from Cleverley: "I have to show that in training &, most importantly, games. I think there's a place for me but I have to prove that."

Room and blackett will pay the full 90 tomorrow!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sure the other lads just need to speed up to Tom's Spanish style of play.

Right, righhhhht? :)

He lacks courage and I won't change my stance from the last few seasons, just seems happy to be there and you can't really blame him for that.

It's like any old sod ending up in the playboy mansion and sitting there with a grin on his face, hard to get him out of there even though when it comes down to it he might not be up to it :pac:

Any chance you'd answer the question since apparently I got it wrong.
    You want names???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

There's an awful lot of Bull**** and bickering in here lately.
    Too many people itching to have a go at others on the slightest thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rafael is injured? That's new.

Heard it all before from Cleverley. He's 25 in a few weeks, time is up for TC23.

Strootman is a good player but I'd be wary of buying him so soon after that type of knee injury.

Rafael can't be relied on to get through a month never mind a season. Definitely need a new RB.

Rafael can't be relied on to get through a month never mind a season. Definitely need a new RB.

Our defensive options are quite limited at this stage. RB looks a weakness. Not enough CBs, and our two best CBs, are also injury prone, and we are without proper cover at LB.

Whatever happened to that fabled list of targets that LVG gave Woodward? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭ericzeking

So there we go, Strootman is the target...not Kroos and not Vidal...we can all calm down now eh?!

What will be the rhetoric for this transfer? Paying 15m more than we could have last summer...30million for an injured player.... It'll hardly be the case that we'll be happy will it?!!

ericzeking wrote: »
    So there we go, Strootman is the target...not Kroos and not Vidal...we can all calm down now eh?!

What will be the rhetoric for this transfer? Paying 15m more than we could have last summer...30million for an injured player.... It'll hardly be the case that we'll be happy will it?!!

He won't be fit to play until November. The club won't sanction that transfer until next summer IMO. Fine player though. Don't care if we pay over the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know it's preseason but feck it,match thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91443023#post91443023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I was full of drink and read your post wrong i apolagize.

Mata saying that LVG wants the squad to all speak to each other in English,much better for team bonding imo.

"We (the squad) only speak in English," Mata said.

"He (Van Gaal) says we have to speak in English."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Besides my self anyone else think we wont be getting any more signings

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

Headshot wrote: »

I think there will be 2 more signings

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There will definitely be more signings. I can't possibly fathom why anyone would think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There will definitely be more signings. I can't possibly fathom why anyone would think otherwise.

Pessimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im kinda starting to agree with you i dont see anyone coming in at the minute

You want names???

No. Now I dont want anything to do with you.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    There's an awful lot of Bull**** and bickering in here lately.
    Too many people itching to have a go at others on the slightest thing.

Raises hand....

:o:o

I get the feeling something is not quite right at the club in terms of transfers. It's not right bill!!

Who was the last commercial partner we signed, Ed's slipping

Tosic was from Serbia I thought?

Ya you're right. Sebrian.

Who was the last commercial partner we signed, Ed's slipping

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-sign-up-yet-3867891

If we signed as many players as commercial partners,we'd have a small army of players never mind a squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

A defender between now and start of season, then strootman in january.
    Thats the way this one is going to play out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement