Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A defender between now and start of season, then strootman in january.
    Thats the way this one is going to play out

Blind makes too much sense not to happen imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mirror: #mufc are ready to offer £20m + Luis Nani for Atletico Madrid's Arda Turan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

zerks wrote: »
    Mirror: #mufc are ready to offer £20m + Luis Nani for Atletico Madrid's Arda Turan.

Was saying it yesterday. He would be a great signing for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Would you prefer him over Vidal? I dunno Turan is a great player but he would feel like a disappointing signing in comparison to Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You saying it yesterday is probably why some rag is reporting it today.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Would you prefer him over Vidal? I dunno Turan is a great player but he would feel like a disappointing signing in comparison to Vidal.

No way. But if Vidal is not an option, turan would be a solid signing. Would play left of a midfield three but also we'll capable of playing in the centre. Big fan of his. And the type of character we are sorely lacking.

Redbaron is an ITK or one of those mysterious "sources":eek:

Couple of websites linked us with him yesterday evening.

Could be journos needing a few hits and pulling a name out if their arses. In fairness it's been very quiet on the transfer front for weeks now.

Yep. Was on the lash with woody last night. He's a beast for the gargle!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I do not believe that the Vidal deal is dead.

He said "I do not go to Manchester" which in the context of his full quote means "I haven't travelled to Manchester" in my view.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I do not believe that the Vidal deal is dead.

He said "I do not go to Manchester" which in the context of his full quote means "I haven't travelled to Manchester" in my view.

Well according to many people, the deal has never been on in the first place, there has not been one good source confirming a bid. Surely if there was something in it, a bid wud be on the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Without condoning... or condemning. I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Funny-gif-Steve-Carell-The-Office-no-no.gif

Redbaron_99 is Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal.

Joined in Feb when contact was first made. Used the forum to build up his knowledge and as a testing ground for ideas.

Buy a box to box cm ya goon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Finally the hacky dry Bebe jokes can now come to an end. Godspeed you mad bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Fenix wrote: »
    Would love to see Javier stay, but if he wants to go, its understandable.

However. We should NOT be held to ransom, when we are the club holding the cards, anything less than £15m would be awful business.

Actually, straight swap for Arda Turan sounds about right to me... :pac:

Clearly lazy journos getting their stories from ITK boardsies!

On transfers, don't think we should be getting ourselves so worried, he said in his first press conference that he wanted to see the players he had before any potential new signings.

His comments about Strootman are as clear an indication of who he wants as were likely to get, take encouragement in the fact that he realises this is a major position of need.

He also commented on the lack of balance and was forced to play fletcher in defence, we will sign at least 1 central defender before the season kicks off.

I like that he expects all his players to speak English on the pitch, it's a strong stance from a strong character.

TL;DR : Chill out, LVG got this.

Bring on 9:30. And have a nice chat with big Kev while were there ;)

Sky Italy:
    If Juventus receive an offer of €50m or higher for Vidal, Marotta will consider it.

Redbaron_99 is Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal.

Joined in Feb when contact was first made. Used the forum to build up his knowledge and as a testing ground for ideas.

Buy a box to box cm ya goon

We wash going to buy sexzy player like Vidal but it ish now canchelled becaush you called me a goon.

You should have called me a prat. In Dutch it meansh man with large shlong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Sky Italy:

£40m...get it done.

I believe Vidal is coming to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lads, the journalist (Sky included) having a ****ing notion what's happening re: Vidal. Save your minds and just watch the Roma game tonight! :P

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lads, the journalist (Sky included) having a ****ing notion what's happening re: Vidal. Save your minds and just watch the Roma game tonight! :P

Is it on TV or will I have to go rooting for a river?

Van Gaal is after saying "I expect all my players to speak English"... Why are people still flogging the Vidal horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I got a good laugh from that, Guarin isn't good enough for Inter never mind Utd so why would they even think about taking him.

Is it on TV or will I have to go rooting for a river?

MUTV.

Recipes are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I just got mutv on sky for four euro a month for three months if anyone is interested.

I just got mutv on sky for four euro a month for three months if anyone is interested.

UPC got a similar deal?

UPC got a similar deal?

No,greedy UPC also charge you €10 for a cancellation fee.

How quickly things change with football rumours,Di Maria was nailed on to join PSG,now we are leading the race to get him.

Vidal was said to be off,now he's been "misquoted" and his agent is pushing a move to us,August 2nd is being reported as D-day.

Cavani hasn't travelled for a pre-season tour and once more is heading to United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How quickly things change with football rumours,Di Maria was nailed on to join PSG,now we are leading the race to get him.

Source?

Vidal was said to be off,now he's been "misquoted" and his agent is pushing a move to us,August 2nd is being reported as D-day.

Source?

Cavani hasn't travelled for a pre-season tour and once more is heading to United.
    Source?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Quite a few foreign reports of Cuadrado being close to signing too. Would make sense in our 3-4-1-2 formation as a wing back, replacing Rafael. No one here has really picked up on it though in the press so could be nonsense anyway.

Handy link that adds all MUFC fixtures to your iPhone Callander for whom it may concern ;

webcal://www.dnngarden.com/Portals/0/Manchester-United-Fixtures.ics

Edit: apparently works on android as well!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Source?

Source?

Source?

:D

You must know that my pet hate is people who post "Source?" all the time.:p

Quite a few foreign reports of Cuadrado being close to signing too. Would make sense in our 3-4-1-2 formation as a wing back, replacing Rafael. No one here has really picked up on it though in the press so could be nonsense anyway.

First this you need to ask yourself when reading about all the players we're supposedly "on the verge of signing" is;

"English Motherfu<ker, does he speak it?"

You must know that my pet hate is people who post "Source?" all the time.:p

What is the source of your hatred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Handy link that adds all MUFC fixtures to your iPhone Callander for whom it may concern ;

Just used it for Android works great mate cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think some of you are confused with the suggestion that Van Gaal only wants English speaking players. He is insisting all players speak english to each other. That doesn't rule out a player who doesn't speak english joining it just means he will be asked to learn the language and use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Works like a treat. Dead handy. Thanks.

What is the source of your hatred?

Sourceception.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

GSPfan wrote: »
    I think some of you are confused with the suggestion that Van Gaal only wants English speaking players. He is insisting all players speak english to each other. That doesn't rule out a player who doesn't speak english joining it just means he will be asked to learn the language and use it.

I'm pretty sure everybody who's posted about that has been joking. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Didn't Arsene Wenger do something similar?

But Arsenal had a serious problem at one stage.

Zico wrote: »
    Didn't Arsene Wenger do something similar?

But Arsenal had a serious problem at one stage.

It was probably French instead of English.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Do United only have 4 fit first team defenders at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

An File wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everybody who's posted about that has been joking. ;)

I've my doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Do United only have 4 fit first team defenders at the moment?

Yep.....plus keane and blackett.....very strange set up that we left 5 defenders go in 8 months and as yet, not replace 4 of them.

Not sure why we are delaying things, players need time to settle in and theres no excuse that now as we approach august and half way through pre season no center half has been signed, something that the club has been aware of since May.

Wud surely have made more sense to keep rio and buttner for example until two signings came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It was probably French instead of English.

No it was before La Legion Etrange turned up, it was just that no one could understand Ian Wright. :)

..innit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was the best contribution to this thread, so handy, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭recyclops

I cannot believe I was at bebe last ever game for us. Against bray I think he found his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Van Gaal is after saying "I expect all my players to speak English"... Why are people still flogging the Vidal horse?

I seen reports that the foreign players are adapting very well to that policy while Rooney is finding it a real challenge.

Good so he can start with Anderson.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement