Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lots of Strootman stories today since VG comments. Pretty sure that Roma have said that Strootman without doubt will be playing for them at the start of the season. Sounds like if we are thinking of making it won't be until January.

Cuadrado rumours seem to have gone rather quiet in the last few days. Blind and De Vrij still being linked with United but no real confirmation on anything yet.

If anyone wants a good aul laugh today the Express are reporting that United are "considering" a triple swoop for Hummels, Vermaelen and De Vrij! Despite Klopp rubbishing Hummels deal the Express claim VG is going to try "prize" Hummels away from Dortmund......once again no sources or anything just a journalist filling up space in a paper with ridiculous rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we buy Strootman and Vidal goes to another team in the PL, I've heard Wenger speaks highly of him, then we'll be the losers there

If both are available we should be buying both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

recyclops wrote: »
    I cannot believe I was at bebe last ever game for us. Against bray I think he found his level.

I went to it too. Depressing to say the least. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Apologies if everyone knows about this already, I just found out:

For those that don't want to subscribe to MUTV, United are showing all the pre-season games live here: http://unitedlive.manutd.com/. €4.99 to watch all the pre-season games (including the final of the tournament if we get that far) or €1.99 per game. I think they put up extra videos from the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just to add a little fuel to the Vidal jizz fire, Juve have signed a midfielder Pereyra albiet he plays on he wing mostly.
    Vidal on the way Vidal on the way:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

v3ttel wrote: »

For those that don't want to subscribe to MUTV, United are showing all the pre-season games live here: http://unitedlive.manutd.com/. €4.99 to watch all the pre-season games (including the final of the tournament if we get that far) or €1.99 per game. I think they put up extra videos from the tour.

Any idea of quality? I'll happily pay the fiver if I think it's HD quality....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yep.....plus keane and blackett.....very strange set up that we left 5 defenders go in 8 months and as yet, not replace 4 of them.

Not sure why we are delaying things, players need time to settle in and theres no excuse that now as we approach august and half way through pre season no center half has been signed, something that the club has been aware of since May.

Wud surely have made more sense to keep rio and buttner for example until two signings came in.

Is Blackett any good i remember him doing well on the tour two or three seasons ago but i have heard little about him since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »

Not sure. I just signed up but none of the videos are available now. For a fiver, I took the chance. I'm hoping for HD quality and decent reliability. You'd expect that from a paid service, to be fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Me too.

Though I'm always paranoid that they won't have planned it well and the thing will crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

In the FAQs they mention what speed you need for HD and SD so I think its safe to say it will be available in HD.
    For HD you will need a minimum of 2.5MBPS for SD a minimum of 800kbps.

Also the pre-season pass gets you access to the matches on-demand up to 7 days after.
    You can also purchase the on demand match to view at any point if you miss the live broadcast. Purchasing the match at any point will grant you access to both the live and on demand versions of the match. A season pass will grant you access to all matches both live and on demand. Games are available for up to 7 days after the Live broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yep.....plus keane and blackett.....very strange set up that we left 5 defenders go in 8 months and as yet, not replace 4 of them.

Not sure why we are delaying things, players need time to settle in and theres no excuse that now as we approach august and half way through pre season no center half has been signed, something that the club has been aware of since May.

Wud surely have made more sense to keep rio and buttner for example until two signings came in.

Agreed here. I'm worried about the numbers at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

@English_AS
    Follow
    Van Gaal approves Di María pursuit, as PSG continue to fail to tie up deal. http://as.com/diarioas/2014/07/26/english/1406383459_051975.html

If we sign 3 more players,Di Maria,Vidal & a quality CB (Hummels will be a no go I fear after what Klopp said) then I'll be delighted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

v3ttel wrote: »

cheers for that. Cheaper than UPC for the month.

TheTownie wrote: »
    In the FAQs they mention what speed you need for HD and SD so I think its safe to say it will be available in HD.

Also the pre-season pass gets you access to the matches on-demand up to 7 days after.

Sweet thanks!

Would love if they did something like this for the u21 games.

Marca also saying we are to bid €20 million for Turan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Who was it in Spain that broke the Herrera deal first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Who was it in Spain that broke the Herrera deal first?

Cadena SER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

You know the way this thread rockets to implosion at 10k at an ever increasing velocity?

How about a "Man Utd Commerce Thread"?

For talking about jersey purchases and subscriptions to MUTV.

The club might even subsidise Boards.ie for that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m

EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid and PSG closed agreement for Di Maria for 65m€. PSG will wait to announce the deal

Would not want for that price anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What time is kick off tonight?

dahat wrote: »

9:06pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

dahat wrote: »

21:06

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

DiMaria a quality player but the system we will be playing this year would have no place for him anyway.

United's needs are 1 CM (a DM at that) and 2 CBs. If anything we probably need to drop some of our wingers from the squad as there won't be game time for all of Young, Nani, Zaha, Valencia and Januzaj.

Young and Nani would be my picks to move along.

DiMaria a quality player but the system we will be playing this year would have no place for him anyway.

United's needs are 1 CM and 2 CBs. If anything we probably need to drop some of our wingers from the squad as there won't be game time for all of Young, Nani, Zaha, Valencia and Januzaj.

Young and Nani would be my picks to move along.

That is dire when you look at the wingers we've been stuck with the past few years, Hopefully Adnan kicks on this year under LVG, On a side note i just seen Stoke signed Bojan, i found it too funny at first thought it was a wind up what an odd signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I just got mutv on sky for four euro a month for three months if anyone is interested.

Did you ring up for the offer? Did you have to subscribe for 12 months?

No way I'm missing the game tonight. Just trying to decide which way to go about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

bmcc10 wrote: »
    That is dire when you look at the wingers we've been stuck with the past few years, Hopefully Adnan kicks on this year under LVG, On a side note i just seen Stoke signed Bojan, i found it too funny at first thought it was a wind up what an odd signing.

Bojan is useless

Bojan is useless

No he's not great target man for Stoke really compliments there style :confused:

No he's not great target man for Stoke really compliments there style :confused:

Target man? He is about 4 foot tall.

Stoke dont play hoofball anymore since The Pu left. Hughes has them passing a bit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Can't believe these Torres to United rumours, crazy stuff!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

.......what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Why in the name of f*ck would we need let alone want to sign Torres? :rolleyes:

That's up there with an article I saw on bleacher report a couple of years ago stating Tottenham and Manchester City were willing to battle it out for the signature of Wayne Rooney. Utter rubbish designed to get people onto the website to create advertisement revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't be the first over the hill ex liverpool striker ye have signed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rob316 wrote: »

True but he won't be the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

You mean the guy who did this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Would prefer if Januzaj went on loan this season. Wont happen but think it would be for the best if he moved to someone like Southampton and was played regularly.

CalculatingGraveHairstreakbutterfly.gif

Liam O wrote: »
    Would prefer if Januzaj went on loan this season. Wont happen but think it would be for the best if he moved to someone like Southampton and was played regularly.

He is one of the few players who can get wide and create something.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    He is one of the few players who can get wide and create something.

He created nothing for a while bunch of games last season. Made bad decisions and went into so many blind alleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He created nothing for a while bunch of games last season. Made bad decisions and went into so many blind alleys.

The squad is depleted enough as it is. The last thing we need is to be sending potential first team players out on loan.

• Advertisement

Can't entirely blame him as our strikers had to drop so deep to try and get into games.Long diagonal balls meant that it was almost impossible for the likes of RVP and Rooney to catch up the play when they went looking for the ball and it was hit over their heads.
    I think Januzaj will do well in the new system where we actually pass and move with runners from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I disagree. Yes, every player at such a young age make bad decisions and that's the process of developing as a player. I remember Ronaldo made a couple of bad decisions in his career. Januzaj has the ability to take on players unlike Valencia and Young and put in decent crosses and through balls.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I disagree. Yes, every player at such a young age make bad decisions and that's the process of developing as a player. I remember Ronaldo made a couple of bad decisions in his career. Januzaj has the ability to take on players unlike Valencia and Young and put in decent crosses and through balls.

Ronaldo was terrible in his first season.

He became a legend through patience and persistence.

Fscker just kept getting better.

Looks like Di Maria could go on loan to PSG

Also there could be something in the Turan rumours because it looks like Griezmann could be going to Atleti

Looks like Di Maria could go on loan to PSG

AS are saying that it's not a loan but a €65 million fee,if it's true then either PSG are going to sell players or are trying to make a mockery of FFP.If it's the latter then serious sanctions should be imposed on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

PSG must have Cavani sold if they can buy Di Maria rather than a loan.

Wow a young attacking player making a few bad decisions shocker. He done better than people expected in a terrible side. He will improve a ton next season and will be a huge part of any success next season.

I would certainly rather keep him around getting coached by LVG instead of carted off to some middle team side who play negative football.

Zico wrote: »
    Ronaldo was terrible in his first season.

He became a legend through patience and persistence.

Fscker just kept getting better.
    Ronaldo was not terrible in his first season. He was clearly ready, Januzaj isn't imo and a season of first team football would suit him better than being in and out of the team, mostly out if it's a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It was good to see Michael Owen finally win a Premiership winners medal though.

Ronaldo was not terrible in his first season. He was clearly ready,

Don't shame yourself by arguing about this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement