Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Liam O wrote: »
    Ronaldo was not terrible in his first season. He was clearly ready, Januzaj isn't imo and a season of first team football would suit him better than being in and out of the team, mostly out if it's a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 being played.

In all fairness ronaldo also was maddening at times, and not just his first season. I clearly remember a CL group game and he was so wasteful! Giggs got substituted and you could clearly see him saying to fergie "why didn't you take that show pony off?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Liam O wrote: »
    Ronaldo was not terrible in his first season. He was clearly ready, Januzaj isn't imo and a season of first team football would suit him better than being in and out of the team, mostly out if it's a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 being played.

You seriously think Ronaldo was ready in his first season. He showed flashes but was frustrating and very inconsistent. I would say Janjuaz comfortably had a better first season in a much weaker team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Zico wrote: »
    Ronaldo was terrible in his first season.

:o
    would you say Januzaj had a terrible season last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't know how Kagawa is going to fit in or what will happen. But the man is a genius i would love him to get a proper run in his best position this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Steve Bates has Cleverly starting and as a possible capt tonight, you have to admire LVG trying to restore the lads confidence after Moyes reign seemed to destroy him.

A midfield 3 suits him so let's see if he can rebuild his Utd career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

RGDATA! wrote: »
    :o
    would you say Januzaj had a terrible season last year?

I thought he had a great season, for a kid, when others failled to produce.

I remember Terry Cooke and Ben Thornley looking amazing, better than Scholes did in'95 and G. Neville being ****.

Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dahat wrote: »
    Steve Bates has Cleverly starting and as a possible capt tonight, you have to admire LVG trying to restore the lads confidence after Moyes reign seemed to destroy him.

Himself and Blackett are the only players playing the whole ninety tonight, so it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

dahat wrote: »

Hopefully we see a robben revival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

After last season he needs to get some confidence plus think this is the last year of his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I thought he had a great season, for a kid, when others failled to produce.

I remember Terry Cooke and Ben Thornley looking amazing, better than Scholes did in'95 and G. Neville being ****.

Time will tell.

Likewise. If you look at pure stats, Januzaj and Ronaldo actually had very similar first seasons, which is why I brought the former up. Ronaldo was a long way from the finished article in his first season - wouldn't dream of arguing that. But he was a breath of fresh air like Januzaj this year, and "terrible" is OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

RGDATA! wrote: »
    and "terrible" is OTT.

Terrible is what I remember, not what I read in stats.

Same with Peter Schmeichel's first season.

I remember him making a lot of mistakes and having problems with his defenders. But the stats will tell you something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Is it just me or has the price of MUTV risen considerably? It's £6 a month now but I could swear I paid a once of fee of twenty quid or so last year? Either way, I will watch the Roma game somehow. Looking forward to seeing the new setup, I hope Mata has a central role, he is too good to have on the wing or on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still unsure where I'm gonna watch the game from tonight. My usual source doesn't have it listed but still may show it. They support airplay as well, which is a must for me.

Was gonna subscribe to the Utd Live link that someone posted earlier. I emailed them to ask if they supported airplay. They emailed back within five minutes which was great but they didn't really answer the question, said if my device supported it I could hook it up to my tv and output it that way. No really applicable to an ipad.

May still subscribe to MUTV for a month unless I can find an alternative in the meantime. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,984 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks, Can anyone recommend where I could watch the match for free online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I remember him making a lot of mistakes and having problems with his defenders. But the stats will tell you something else.

he was far from terrible, that debut against bolton i will never forget. the whole crowd in the stadium got to their feet when he was brought on as he had been unbelievable in training and word spread fast that there was about to be a star in the making. he didnt disappoint. what a debut.

6 goals in his first season for an 18 year old new to the premier league was good going. yes he did the odd stupid stepover when there was no need, but he wasnt afraid to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Tom Cleverley as captain... I really hope that's a bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Gentlemen, someone mentioned a few pages back that you can sign up somewhere for a fiver to watch the tour matches - where do I do that? Please and thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ha so Ronaldo was terrible but Januzaj was great while a year older? Ronaldo was the difference in a lot of games his first season, he scored some important goals and stepped up when relied upon. There were some mistakes obviously but when the ball was at his feet you felt something could happen. I kind of felt like that for a couple of games after the 2 goals Januzaj got but it quickly descended into taking on defenders and getting shown out wide or put on his ass. Ronaldo was taking them apart, a criticism of him was that he tried to beat them too many times. Ronaldo at Januzaj's age was miles ahead of where Januzaj is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks, Can anyone recommend where I could watch the match for free online

That sir is illegal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Gentlemen, someone mentioned a few pages back that you can sign up somewhere for a fiver to watch the tour matches - where do I do that? Please and thanks. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91445661&postcount=1555

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://unitedlive.manutd.com/

TheTownie wrote: »

You're a legendary ledgebox. Thanks.
    Lord TSC wrote: »

You are also a legendary ledgebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Can't believe these Torres to United rumours, crazy stuff!

That's not a rumour it's someone having a piss take

zerks wrote: »
    AS are saying that it's not a loan but a €65 million fee,if it's true then either PSG are going to sell players or are trying to make a mockery of FFP.If it's the latter then serious sanctions should be imposed on them.

Don't forget about City they're just a bit more discrete about it

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Wow a young attacking player making a few bad decisions shocker. He done better than people expected in a terrible side. He will improve a ton next season and will be a huge part of any success next season.

I would certainly rather keep him around getting coached by LVG instead of carted off to some middle team side who play negative football.

Hopefully I'm wrong because it's always good to see a young player come through but I reckon the more successful United are this season, the less his presence or input will be noticed. If United somehow pulled a shocker again this season then he'd go down as one of the better performers. Just don't think he's at that level yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭recyclops

United live.manutd.com I just signed up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Lord TSC wrote: »

Cheers, now to get the kids to bed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Is it on Sky????

Grid. wrote: »
    Is it on Sky????

Nope.

Edit: well it's on MUTV on the Sky platform.

recyclops wrote: »
    United live.manutd.com I just signed up there

Lads any reason youse are signing up here? I relative it's a bit cheaper than a month of MUTV but restricted to watching on a PC or mobile device.
    Isn't a month of MUTV better value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

adox wrote: »
    Lads any reason youse are signing up here? I relative it's a bit cheaper than a month of MUTV but restricted to watching on a PC or mobile device.

Only if you're on SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

The cancellation fee I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought I read you can't buy just a single month of MUTV

Anyway, I'd be watching on my laptop anyway due to circumstances...

Its gives me on-demand access to matches should I miss them.

and no I'm not arsed recording MUTV. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 28s
    #mufc XI vs @OfficialASRoma: Johnstone; Jones, Evans, Blackett; Valencia, Cleverley (c), Herrera, James, Welbeck; Mata, Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hdmi to TV and I'm sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Cleverley as captain? what the hell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

No. Now I dont want anything to do with you.
    If you read the post right, you would see I meant that 2 centrebacks and some random midfielder could now possibly be our lot...
    But you went off and got your knickers in a twist..so fine..doesn't bother me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Why the fook would Cleverley be captain

He is probably the least courageous player we have, hides away from the ball when the going is tough

He is probably the least courageous player we have, hides away from the ball when the going is tough

Even Cleverly will be wondering why he is captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Trying to boost his confidence maybe?
    He received way too much abuse last season, his confidence must be at rock bottom.
    I still believe he isn't as bad a player as last year's form showed, remember the start of the season a few years ago when himself and Anderson were ripping teams apart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

De Vrij, Blind main targets, with Vermaelen and Di Maria also on our radar according to Howard Nurse.

And again,he is another who says Vidal not on list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Did you ring up for the offer? Did you have to subscribe for 12 months?

No way I'm missing the game tonight. Just trying to decide which way to go about it.

Yeah i rang got the number on sky.com and rang no twelve month contract

The captain choice for these games is meaningless, obviously Cleverley isn't going to be captain in competitive matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cleverley is the most senior player who is playng the whole 90 minutes, so he's captain for the day. What's the big deal? jesus lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

De Vrij, Blind main targets, with Vermaelen and Di Maria also on our radar according to Howard Nurse.

if those 4 are the main targets, you'd have to wonder why De Vrij and Blind haven't already been signed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

I got MUTV on UPC for 8 euros a month with a 10 euro cancel fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Anyone think Roma will be pissed off with LVG, with the way he was discussing possibly signing Strootman today..?? From what I heard ( will have another look for clip) sounded bit disrespectful..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Trying to boost his confidence maybe?
    He received way too much abuse last season, his confidence must be at rock bottom.
    I still believe he isn't as bad a player as last year's form showed, remember the start of the season a few years ago when himself and Anderson were ripping teams apart?

Might be like Alan Massey out of Mike Bassett..

• Advertisement

Think the Vidal story has ran it's course at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement