Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if those 4 are the main targets, you'd have to wonder why De Vrij and Blind haven't already been signed

Possibly either because they are back up targets originally and others have turned us down, or we are trying to haggle for price after the first two.

Its pretty amazing tho that we cud end up signing 5 players by end of summer and apart from Shaw(who some were opposed to due to price) there wudnt be one poster on here in May who'd have had any of them on their wishlist and not one world class player signed despite £100m + spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote:
    I fought as long as I could lads but I've failed. I tried to hold out as long as I could. Conte leaving is the straw that broke the camels back.

I now think we will sign him. I promised myself I'd never do this after the Thiago fiasco.

Fair play to everyone else in the 'We're not signing Vidal' camp. You're doing the lord's work.

TKqn0CV.gif

...never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Possibly either because they are back up targets originally and others have turned us down, or we are trying to haggle for price after the first two.

Its pretty amazing tho that we cud end up signing 5 players by end of summer and apart from Shaw(who some were opposed to due to price) there wudnt be one poster on here in May who'd have had any of them on their wishlist and not one world class player signed despite £100m + spent.
    And I'd be very happy it went that way. Would you be happy not signing De Vrij or Blind and getting Cavani instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Liam O wrote: »
    And I'd be very happy it went that way. Would you be happy not signing De Vrij or Blind and getting Cavani instead?

Agreed, think De Vrij, Blind, Herrera and Shaw would be a satisfactory window.

Liam O wrote: »

What has Cavani got to do with signing 3 defenders?:confused::confused:

Baffling comparison or logic there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anyone else hoping that when the twitter guy was typing out C L E V E R L E Y (C) it was all just a typo and it meant to say V I D A L (C)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Guys decided to get the season pass on Utd Live.

To my surprise it supports airplay so any of you with ios devices and an Apple TV can stream it from iphone/ipad to your TV. Delighted.

Quality looks decent so far but it's Van Gaals press conference so a fairly still image.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Fair play to Cleverley. He's obviously been showing some fight and busting a gut in training. I hope he proves all his doubters (me included) wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hope Cleverly has a good game. Got my first soccer forum card for wanting his legs broken last season. Hopefully things change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The quality of the official stream is good when you bump it up to the highest bitrate. It looks like it's well worth the investment.

• Advertisement

Soldie wrote: »
    Fair play to Cleverley. He's obviously been showing some fight and busting a gut in training. I hope he proves all his doubters (me included) wrong.

I think we may as well just accept he is here to stay and thats our lot for midfield until Strootman comes along.

As you said, its in our interest that he proves every1 wrong and has a great season. Interesting to see how him and Herrera do, wudnt have thought they wud be put in same team as they are too similiar. We will have plenty of possession id say tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

The adrenalin must be flowing through Tom Cleverleys veins, to get this boost of confidence must be some feeling. Could be the making of him, to be put in a position when you don't want to let someone down has amazing affects

v3ttel wrote: »
    The quality of the official stream is good when you bump it up to the highest bitrate. It looks like it's well worth the investment.

There's an option to change the bitrate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

adox wrote: »
    Guys decided to get the season pass on Utd Live.

To my surprise it supports airplay so any of you with ios devices and an Apple TV can stream it from iphone/ipad to your TV. Delighted.

Quality looks decent so far but it's Van Gaals press conference so a fairly still image.

Can you not just bypass the phone and watch it on the AppleTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Bottom of player - left of volume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Bottom right by the volume.
    Defaults to 500k
    Good quality at 2000k

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I think we may as well just accept he is here to stay and thats our lot for midfield until Strootman comes along.

As you said, its in our interest that he proves every1 wrong and has a great season. Interesting to see how him and Herrera do, wudnt have thought they wud be put in same team as they are too similiar. We will have plenty of possession id say tho.

I'm optimistic that our midfield will see further reinforcements over the course of this transfer window. However, even with a couple of additions we'll still need Cleverley and I like to see players who have some fire in their belly, compared to, say, Zaha, if the rumours are to be believed. In spite of his countless poor performances I do think Cleverley is a talented player at the back of it all. Hopefully van Gaal is the man to make the most of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yep, from 500 to 2000k. The menu appears if you put the cursor over the video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't notice a difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Quality isn't HD anyway . Changing the bit rate doesn't seem to make any difference. It's acceptable quality , would expect HD when paying though

• Advertisement

Can you not just bypass the phone and watch it on the AppleTV?

No browser on the AppleTv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jaysis some high line we are playing here

Cheers. Have it running on ipad. No option to change quality but it's decent enough anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Nervous start!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Quality isn't HD anyway . Changing the bit rate doesn't seem to make any difference. It's acceptable quality , would expect HD when paying though

The 2000k stream is the smoothest for me, but the 1300k has the best picture quality.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Gadge wrote: »
    The 1300k stream has the best picture quality for me, but the 2000k stream is the smoothest.

Ridiculous.

I'm on the 500k stream now and it's much better than the 2k one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Actually the alternate player (link below the video) seems to be way better and smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No browser on the AppleTv

Really? I always thought they had Safari. That's a bit sh*t. Android box FTW, Airplay even works on those.

Gadge wrote: »
    Actually the alternate player (link below the video) seems to be way better and smoother.

+1 the colour is a lot better on the alternate

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Same old Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Signings might be made sooner after LVG watching this!!! Every cloud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Captain fantastic is the worst player on the pitch thus far. Joker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, there is a match thread, so please use it to discuss the match ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I can see why Van Gaal is giving Cleverly all the lime light as he is young and had a ragged season last, and the media didn't let up...so it won't do his confidence any harm.

But does he deserve it?

Along with those other players that let Moyes down (who ain't getting a big up by the manager) why, and does he deserve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I can see why Van Gaal is giving Cleverly all the lime light as he is young and had a ragged season last, and the media didn't let up...so it won't do his confidence any harm.

But does he deserve it?

Along with those other players that let Moyes down (who ain't getting a big up by the manager) why, and does he deserve it?

no one got **** on as hard as cleverly imo

welbeck and Young got it occasionally and i dont think fell is on tour so he might be telling him to go out and take command of the game (and its a nothing game sioo theres nothing to loose in trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Not able to watch the match but by the sounds of things cleverly hasnt seized the opportunity to put last season behind him . I think making him captain is only highlighting him for further scrutiny. LVG 's first mistake in my opinion. Lets hope he realises it and moves to sign a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And I thought ITV were awful....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope it comes back to haunt me and you're all laughing at this in a years time but Cleverley is just so absolutely useless

It worries me that at this particular moment in time, he's probably the best option to start the season with

We need midfielders now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I hope it comes back to haunt me and you're all laughing at this in a years time but Cleverley is just so absolutely useless

It worries me that at this particular moment in time, he's probably the best option to start the season with

We need midfielders now.

We need defenders too! I think a little more than midfield..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

As opposed to giving him a chance maybe this is being used as the game to confirm to van gaal that cleverly needs to be sold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

One thing from these two games is Fell will not fit into them. I'll be be f**king shocked to see him near the first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Pretty average match against Roma. Hard to learn much from that sort of game where the heat and humidity play a big part and practically the whole team was changed during the game. But I thought we played ok. I like the formation and the ability to switch from 5 to 3 at the back when we have possession is quite good. In midfield I thought we broke up the play very well, the players seems quick to close down the opposition. And Rooney and Mata showed their class again. Thought Blackett, Will Keane and Lingard did quite well too. Our defending towards the end of the game wasn't the best and the two goals we conceded were poor enough but it's another win and it looks to be a completely different team to the one against Moyes.

If we can sign a few more defenders and midfielders I'd be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Vidic playing against Real Madrid on Sky Sports 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can imagine Amos got some mouthful after the match....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

When's the next game?

Bale with a screamer for Real :-O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MagicIRL wrote: »
    When's the next game?

Bale with a screamer for Real :-O

Inter next at half past midnight on the 30th,followed by Real Madrid on 2 August.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can imagine Amos got some mouthful after the match....

We were playing a high line and his starting position was probably spot on, just couldn't get back in time. Pjanic was 15 yards or so inside his own half, it was a smashing hit. But yeah he still looked like a muppet but I'd say LvG will give him a bit of stick more than anything. Fantastic save from the overhead redeemed him somewhat.

Tough to take anything from that game, good in periods and nice to see Rooney and Mata in good form already. I think Louis has started to realise the depth and talent may not be there. AA couple of signings in the next week or so would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Manchester United resurrect Arturo Vidal move as Louis van Gaal plots third summer signing

Manchester United hope to wrap up the signing of Arturo Vidal this week after resurrecting their move for the Chilean, reports Tom Hopkinson and Steve Bates of the Sunday People.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-resurrect-arturo-vidal-3919230

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Steve Bates also going with the Vidal thing as well.......

Saga of torment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement