Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »
    just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-o.gif

Ha! It's becoming utterly ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Its our own Garth brooks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An interesting piece in that article from the Mirror:
    Meanwhile, Nani and Wilfried Zaha are facing an uncertain future.

The pair have been given major dressing-downs by Van Gaal during United’s pre-season tour to the United States and have been left in no doubt they will be on their way unless they buck up their ideas.

Nani, 27, was used sparingly under David Moyes last season while Zaha, 21, spent time on loan at Cardiff.

Both have been given a clean slate under LVG, but he is already unimpressed with their attitude.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-resurrect-arturo-vidal-3919230#ixzz38cIe9RIE
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Van Gaal not at all happy with the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

adox wrote: »

omg, after every game being a good performance under Moyes I dont believe it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just ignore the Vidal talk if its annoying you.

That is all it is, talk.

The people who are never in the know are speculating and trying to generate some news. We know from the Herrera deal the people that like to think they are in the know (and as such report what the club feeds them to keep getting info from the club) are not always aware of what United are doing.

Things are going to be clearer, more settled in the next couple of weeks so just wait it out for your own good.

But if you enjoy the speculation, crack on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

dahat wrote: »
    Steve Bates also going with the Vidal thing as well.......

Saga of torment.

A post on Redcafe makes me think he might have some info...
    He seems to have a source within the team/camp on the tour, reported Fletcher as captain a day before the LA Galaxy game and also had the Cleverley being captain around six hours before KO...

That's enough for me. Just a matter of what squad number Vidal is going to get now.

zerks wrote: »
    An interesting piece in that article from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-resurrect-arturo-vidal-3919230#ixzz38cIe9RIE
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Whatever about Nani, it's pretty obvious Zaha isn't van Gaals cup of tea.

All the players that played tonight and he didn't get a run out. Even Hernandez got on and he's only had two day pre season.

"All my good passers failed today. That’s not normal."

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    omg, after every game being a good performance under Moyes I dont believe it

What?:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moyes, after most losses: "Ah, we were unlucky, we did well, got to the bylines loads but we did well and hopefully things will turn round".

LVG, after a win: "We were ****ing ****!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Battery dying so I have to be quick :P

Glimpses of some good football today. Thought Mata, Rooney both took their goals brilliantly. Cleverly was working hard and seemed more confident today. I think VG is very good at man management and hopefully he can bring some confidence back to players like Cleverly who have talent but had a poor season and were slated in the media.

I think it's safe to say Amos was bricking it thinking of what VG would say to him for that mistake!

All in all some signs of good football and I think we are putting good focus on strengthening our back line after last year. The back 3 so far has offered a bit more security. Think second half was always going to be difficult with all the changes and some of the inexperienced lads getting games. Still though two games down and two wins which is good for confidence.

Still though pre season performances don't always replicate themselves in the league, so I'm choosing to be quietly optimistic about some of the players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

"All my good passers failed today. That’s not normal."

Yeah it was like they were playing with a lighter ball. Over hitting a lot my 10 yards!

It's great to see him unhappy with the win :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

I'm pretty sure he's saying that even when we lost badly, Moyes would say we played well, whereas Van Gaal is telling it how it is and showing his displeasure, even when we win.

So Arturon again?

Bates is pretty reliable and it's not some random tweet from Chile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The adrenalin must be flowing through Tom Cleverleys veins, to get this boost of confidence must be some feeling. Could be the making of him, to be put in a position when you don't want to let someone down has amazing affects

I do agree with the principle of your post, but you are forgetting one key fact that negates it: He's sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

J. Marston wrote: »
    A post on Redcafe makes me think he might have some info...

That's enough for me. Just a matter of what squad number Vidal is going to get now.

All for being optimisc but think that too much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a God dam awful passing performance that was.

Bein Sports now reporting that PSG are out on the Di Maria deal and he's to join United.

IF we sign both in the coming days,this place will explode.Plus it'll make the Liverpool/United thread interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Bein Sports now reporting that PSG are out on the Di Maria deal and he's to join United.

IF we sign both in the coming days,this place will explode.Plus it'll make the Liverpool/United thread interesting.

€100 Million spent just to upset the pool fans - Get it done woody :D

If we sign both i imagine the party line from merseyside will be that they are both overrated and we overspent. Lallana is better than Di Maria anyway and Can is better than Vidal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not a chance will we see those players at utd :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What a God dam awful passing performance that was.

It's no surprise, Cleverley can't handle a pressing team, same as Carrick. If your designated holding midfield struggles then your whole team will have a knock on effect

It would be worth signing Vidal just to see him going from the best midfielder in the world to "we don't even need him Henderson does that for us" etc etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Very Random Welbeck vs Ashley Cole Quiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

It's mad how a all these rumours reappear on a Saturday night just before the biggest paper day of the week. It's been ridiculous these last 8 weeks have actually been exhausting

@Ian_Ladyman_DM: LVG suggests Amos at fault for Roma goal: "I am almost 63 but if the ball is in the air for four seconds I could run 50 yards". #mufc

:pac:

Btf_02hIYAEWuas.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

No paper that has "a ham toastie" as a headline deserves to be taken seriously.

did LVG mention anything about the Captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

did LVG mention anything about the Captain?

He did mention the captain tonight was utter ****e!

He did mention the captain tonight was utter ****e!

Tupac if you are telling the truth I will never say bad word about you again:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Tupac if you are telling the truth I will never say bad word about you again:p:pac:

Again......??

Again......??

you have always been in my good book tupac, dont let me down now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nolars wrote: »
    I haven't seen journalism of this quality since Bob Woodwood and Carl Bernstein, well done that man!

woodward_the_messiah.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Inter Milan does United a favour against Real Madrid.

No draws allowed, if match ends in draw, it is straight to penalities, RM 1-1 Inter.
    Inter win 3-2 on penalties, Vidic scored his penalty.

United 3pts
    Inter 2pts
    RM 1pt
    Roma 0pt

Beat Inter and a draw against RM is all that is needed to reach the final...

link won't work but I've found Woodward ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone else worried about how well the three CB's will do playing such a high line in the PL?

Roma were dinking balls over and were getting plenty of space between our defence and the GK to do so. Sooner or later the offside traps will fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Keno wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about how well the three CB's will do playing such a high line in the PL?

Roma were dinking balls over and were getting plenty of space between our defence and the GK to do so. Sooner or later the offside traps will fail.

Yeah but De Gea is a good keeper to play the sweeper role, fast, good with the ball at his feet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I haven't seen a bit of either game but its going to take a bit of time to get used to this new system. You can expect it to be shabby in preseason and even early into the season, luckily enough the early fixtures are of the easier variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

On the match last night, I think the most promising aspect was Rooney. He is genuinely world class when on form and playing in the right position. And it does look like he's responded very positively to the new manager.

Mata and Herrera both did well. The defence in the first half did well, despite being a bit shaky with the high line in the opening minutes.

Cleverley, nani and young we're mediocre. And I wasn't surprised by that at all. Particularly cleverley. His positioning seems to be his weakest point IMO. He just can't seem to find space to receive the ball comfortably. Not united quality.

Also, pjanic is a wonderful player. A real joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dedicated one too many jagerbombs to LVG last night i think :(

Dedicated one too many jagerbombs to LVG last night i think :(

The fear should kick in soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The fear should kick in soon :)

I hope not! Off to Thurles soon for the hurling, Limerick Abu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I hope not! Off to Thurles soon for the hurling, Limerick Abu!

More drink, hooray!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

We should be encouraged felllas. LVG has done the logical thing and taken some time to assess what he's got. He now knows what we know (e.g. that Cleverley is awful) so he'll be on the blower to the Equaliser faster than you can say "no not Gore Vidal...the other Vidal".

We should be encouraged felllas. LVG has done the logical thing and taken some time to assess what he's got. He now knows what we know (e.g. that Cleverley is awful) so he'll be on the blower to the Equaliser faster than you can say "no not Gore Vidal...the other Vidal".

True. Despite the change in system, manager and most of the players giving it the extra 10%, cleverley was exactly the same as the last two years: lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

20% off everything on sportsdirect today (Sunday) including new United jerseys. Use code SUN20 at checkout, think they have free delivery to Ireland at the moment also.

Link:http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/premier-league-football-shirts/manchester-united-football-shirts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yes, although it will naturally take time for players to get used to a new system, I've been sceptical about whether the likes of Smalling and Jones have the positional sense/discipline to be able to play as part of a back 3.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement