Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Van Gaal in for Moyes
    Herrera in
    Mata in from start of last season.

Rio is no major loss with age factored in, Evra was a liability thanks to getting overworked in previous years

I reckon 10 of 11 players could be named as the first choice team (De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Rafael, Herrera, ???, Shaw, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie.

The squad has a great back up in attack.

The defenders need less individual quality for a domestic only season if they are playing in a three rather than two.

The first team is short one player for what is needed next season (a midfielder) and the squad two additional players short (Defenders).

No doubt we need to add more players, i think everyone here would say that. Its not all doom and gloom and I think the arrival of Van Gaal offsets the losses of senior players right now.

Jones, Evans, Rafeal, Carrick are all injury constant concerns. We need more than one first team player to get back to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I hope LVG isn't making the same mistake that Moyes made, the mistake that ultimately cost Moyes his job.

There are so many gaping holes in our team that our rivals could and will drive buses through them, he simply does not have the luxury of taking too long to figure out what he wants. If he thinks he can muddle through until he identifies the perfect players for his "system" then he is in for a rude ****ing awakening.

ahh yea Id say he knows what hes doing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

10yyfsv.gif

this gif makes me laugh more

Manchester-United-v-West-Bromwich-Albion-Premier-League.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

He's neither lacking in ability nor is he lazy.

Tbh I'd say Adnan and Young are at about the same level. Except Adnan will get better, Young won't.

If you need to turn a game who would you rather see on the sideline coming on Adnan or Ashley? If you need some to put a shift in against say Ronaldo, as a winger who would you prefer Valencia or Young?

Januzaj and Valencia all day for me. Youngs ability consists of running down the left and cutting back on his right. A child can read his game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jones, Evans, Rafeal, Carrick are all injury constant concerns. We need more than one first team player to get back to the top.

United don't need to fix everything in one season though. They can't fix everything in one season.

I want to see Van Gaal work with the current players and get the best from them in a season where he has time to work with them (with no European Games).

The players I listed are all good enough for the EPL. They need to either improve or be improved upon to be a force in Europe but that doesn't need to happen this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LVG, Shaw and now Fell going. This summer is just getting better and better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Headshot wrote: »

Be gone you with positivity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rob Dawson has a few interesting claims this evening, he is currently with the team on tour i believe.
    United looking to reduce squad size, with doubts over Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani and Anderson.

thats all well and good if the players are replaced, but he finishes with this...
    United not expecting to make more than two signings before deadline day.

so instead of actually adding quality, we are getting rid and not replacing them. step forward Keane, Blackett, Lawrence, James and Wilson it looks like.
    targets are Hummels, Blind, Vermaelen and Di Maria.

cant see us getting Hummels or Di Maria at all, leaving us with (if what he says is correct)

Out - Rio, Vidic, Evra, Bebe, Anderson, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Buttner.

In - Blind, Vermaelen, Herrera, Shaw.

Wanted Fellaini given a little more time but after the world cup I think if we can get 15 million get him out. I can't see him ever being a great CM

• Advertisement

Plus Vidal's agent is in Italy tonight, http://gianlucadimarzio.com/juventus/vidal-lagente-felicevich-in-italia-le-ultime/
    Marotta seems to want to keep him, and he already is training in Vinovo. The future of Juventus Vidal is called now. On the plate, no concrete offer. But it may come soon, along with the prosecutor boy Felicevich. From today, the agent is in Italy, possible that in the coming days the Juventus management meetings to discuss the future of his client. It addresses a tangible offer to the club, which should certainly be appropriate and in keeping with the value that attaches to Juventus Chilean midfielder for it to be considered. It is assumed, more than 35/40 million euro. Europe looks at Juve Vidal object of desire of many big clubs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Post of sense

Agree with all that. Was going to write up pretty much what you did :)

Unearthly wrote: »
    Looks like the media were briefed.

Or as usual they are all using one bull**** source! Can't see us getting rid of 4 players before deadline day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Central midfielders: Cleverley, Fletcher, Carrick

57dd6_orig-5df78_orig_cringe.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Herrera.

Ander was signed as a CM, he can do it, he can do it by himself!

• Advertisement

Rob Dawson has a few interesting claims this evening, he is currently with the team on tour i believe.

thats all well and good if the players are replaced, but he finishes with this...

so instead of actually adding quality, we are getting rid and not replacing them. step forward Keane, Blackett, Lawrence, James and Wilson it looks like.

cant see us getting Hummels or Di Maria at all, leaving us with (if what he says is correct)

Out - Rio, Vidic, Evra, Bebe, Anderson, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Buttner.

In - Blind, Vermaelen, Herrera, Shaw.

midfield would be too weak. And Vermaelen is just another injury prone player to add to the ones we already have. It'll be a dogfight with liverpool and spurs for 4th place - unless the two incoming players are truly world class. Blind and Vermaelen are decidedly average footballers. I'd be pretty f8cking disgusted if it plays out like you say.

am i the only person that would rather have Fellaini in the starting 11 before fletcher?

Fletcher offers nothing anymore, at least Fellaini cant get any worse than last year and is a better player than he has shown for us so far.

not sure why anybody would be happy to see Fellaini leaving, as it looks like he wont be replaced. are we that stuck for money that we are looking to reduce our wage bill to £40million-£50m less than what was being promised by Woodward

Young & Cleverley must be part of the civil service or something,no matter how crap they are at their jobs,they can't seem to be gotten rid of.It'll take a fecking tribunal to move them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I just ordered a Kagawa jersey the last day.

:(:(:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

am i the only person that would rather have Fellaini in the starting 11 before fletcher?

Fletcher offers nothing anymore, at least Fellaini cant get any worse than last year and is a better player than he has shown for us so far.

not sure why anybody would be happy to see Fellaini leaving, as it looks like he wont be replaced. are we that stuck for money that we are looking to reduce our wage bill to £40million-£50m less than what was being promised by Woodward

I'd be with you on that, but both of them can go in my book. Felliani was never a united player and never will be good enough imo.

• Advertisement

If fletch wants to stay he can stay. Supposed to be a good influence around the club and has gone through a lot to get back to playing to be able to play.

Van Gaal would be the one getting rid, not good ol' Ed. I'd like to see fell stay and redeem himself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

zerks wrote: »
    Young & Cleverley must be part of the civil service or something,no matter how crap they are at their jobs,they can't seem to be gotten rid of.It'll take a fecking tribunal to move them on.

Let's not forget Valencia.

I would keep Young before Valencia.

If Kagawa goes certain posters in here will jump out the nearest window! Do hope he isn't on the chopping block but he may struggle for game time with Mata @10.

I can't see it him leaving though.

adox wrote: »
    Let's not forget Valencia.

I would keep Young before Valencia.

I agree with line one but Valencia is better and more of an asset to us than Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

duffman13 wrote: »
    If Kagawa goes certain posters in here will jump out the nearest window! Do hope he isn't on the chopping block but he may struggle for game time with Mata @10.

I can't see it him leaving though.

I'm counting the seconds until someone suggests swapping him for Hummels/Reus.

If fletch wants to stay he can stay. Supposed to be a good influence around the club and has gone through a lot to get back to playing to be able to play.

thats all well and good, but i think he gets a free pass because of his troubles. the reality is, he no longer is good enough to be playing in the premier league for us.

if those reports are true, then Herrera, Cleverly, Fletcher and an injured Carrick is our lot for the season, with Daley Blind as back up.

wonderful.
    I'd be pretty f8cking disgusted if it plays out like you say.

hang on, hang on, im only passing on what somebody else is saying, its not my view at all - the only part i have added is that i dont expect us to get Hummels or Di maria, so i came to the most logical conclusion then from that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

if kagawa was to go i could see Dortmund going back for him

DDG
    ---Jones--Evans---Vermaelen
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Herrera---Carrick

Mata

Rooney
    RVP

Would be ok if we could keep them all fit. But that's unlikely. I'd think we'd see the line-up below just as often.

DDG

Smalling
    Keane
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Herrera---Blind---Cleverley

Mata

Rooney
    Welbeck

*shudders*

We should be writing the big cheques for Hummels, Di Maria and Vidal. Stop f8cking around as if we're Spurs!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Fellaini's a painful reminder of the Moyes debacle. £4m more expensive than Tony Kroos lest we forget. He's nothing more than a Tony Cascarino-esque target man with a penchant for cowardly tackles. The worst United signing in living memory. Ralph Milne, Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba can sleep easier now. The sooner he's gone, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

As bad as Fellaini has been anybody who wants him out before Cleverley and Fletcher are mad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would be very surprised if the press have been briefed that Fel is on his way if we didn't also have some sort of replacement lined up....doesn't make sense to get rid of one of our younger CMs in a summer where we obviously need CM reinforcements.

Fellaini's a painful reminder of the Moyes debacle. £4m more expensive than Tony Kroos lest we forget. He's nothing more than a Tony Cascarino-esque target man with a penchant for cowardly tackles. The worst United signing in living memory. Ralph Milne, Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba can sleep easier now. The sooner he's gone, the better.

That's a really nice post.

I'm counting the seconds until someone suggests swapping him for Hummels/Reus.

Sure Klopp fathered him while he was working as a sushi chef in Tokyo. Only natural he would go back to Dortmund with one of there best two players coming as part of an exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

duffman13 wrote: »
    If you need to turn a game who would you rather see on the sideline coming on Adnan or Ashley? If you need some to put a shift in against say Ronaldo, as a winger who would you prefer Valencia or Young?

Januzaj and Valencia all day for me. Youngs ability consists of running down the left and cutting back on his right. A child can read his game.

Ye sure that Valencia fella is so hard to read with his bag of tricks.

Yeah and tha De Gea fella...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Nuts102 wrote: »
    As bad as Fellaini has been anybody who wants him out before Cleverley and Fletcher are mad.

Possibly being done to make some money? United in ''not having as big a Summer transfer kitty as claimed'' shocker??

Very harsh on Darren Fletcher.

Cleverley - Absolutely. Should be shipped out with our pal Fellaini.

id get rid of none of them until singings come in to be honest.

the fact that we are just over two weeks away from our first PL game and we are talking about the probability that Fletcher and Cleverly match day squad with one of them starting just sums up this window so far - a massive let down.

god only knows whats going to happen if we get injuries to RVP and Herrera in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Ye sure that Valencia fella is so hard to read with his bag of tricks.

Didn't say he wasn't, my point being he can do more of a job in the team than Young.

Yeah and tha De Gea fella...............

I'm lost? De Gea's one of our best players...possibly even our best player. What has he got to do with Moyes' pal Marouane?

id get rid of none of them until singings come in to be honest.

the fact that we are just over two weeks away from our first PL game and we are talking about the probability that Fletcher and Cleverly match day squad with one of them starting just sums up this window so far - a massive let down.

god only knows whats going to happen if we get injuries to RVP and Herrera in the next few weeks.

I honestly don't see any "big" names leaving in this window. Ando will go if someone will take him but I just don't see any of the others mentioned leaving. It makes zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Dortmund would definitely go for Kagawa, he was a star man for them winning two league titles

He's a class act when given a chance, doesn't make much sense letting him go unless it's for a big fee which we won't get or leverage for another player which we probably won't get either

Mata won't play every game and Kagawa fits seamlessly into any passing system, and can play in a normal midfield 3

It would be sad to see him leave because I know he will regain form and we'll be talking about him as one of the best number 10s around

I'm lost? De Gea's one of our best players...possibly even our best player. What has he got to do with Moyes' pal Marouane?

Sorry but your rinse and repeat post about Fellaini remind me of a poster from the past who did the same about De Gea.

Give me joy in my heart give me Cleverley,
    Preferably in a midfield 3,
    Not quite Keane, not quite Scholes, not quite Robbo,
    But we're short of options and hell, he's free.

Oldie but a goodie
    http://www.redcafe.net/threads/if-geoff-shreeves-did-chants.366961/

• Advertisement

Dortmund would definitely go for Kagawa, he was a star man for them winning two league titles

He's a class act when given a chance, doesn't make much sense letting him go unless it's for a big fee which we won't get or leverage for another player which we probably won't get either

Mata won't play every game and Kagawa fits seamlessly into any passing system, and can play in a normal midfield 3

It would be sad to see him leave because I know he will regain form and we'll be talking about him as one of the best number 10s around

He hasn't done well at United but he was never given a fair crack of the whip. The signing of Van Persie torpedoed him bigtime. A shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

With LVG's comments tonight and the press seemingly being briefed about Fellaini. Surely theres signings coming this week. If not, I'll really start to get worried.

And don't forget this classic

Young, man,
    I see you there on the wing
    I said, Young, man,
    But you're not doing a thing
    I said, Young, man,
    Why don't you try something new -
    How about a trick or two? Now -

Young, man,
    You check inside, lay it back
    Come on, Young, man,
    Can you not sometimes attack?
    I mean, Young, man,
    You seem so short of ideas -
    Did you chose the right career?

It's got me wondering -

Why do you play?
    Oh tell me Ashley now -
    Why do you play?

You don't go on a run, you don't take your man on,
    Even in a gay way, like this song...

It's such a mystery -
    Why do you play?
    A total travesty
    Why do you play?

Did you suck off the boss? Do you not give a toss?
    Have you thought about playing lacrosse?

Sorry but your rinse and repeat post about Fellaini remind me of a poster from the past who did the same about De Gea.

My apologies. The Moyes / Fellaini stuff just makes my blood boil. Didn't mean to dwell on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I will be sad if Fellani leaves, sure he had a bad time last season, but with a seaon under him and a great manager he will push on. Judging him Playing in a somewhat unfamiliar role with different midfield partners in a season where nearly everyone else around him under performed and he was injured for a good chunk of the season is harsh, he was a beast for Everton and a player i always enjoyed watching......

Plus i bought a Fellani wig last season at the West Brom game.....the fcuk am i gonna do with that if he goes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement