Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id have to say I see no new signings before Aug 16th, now its not what Id like, but its what I see happening.

De Gea

Jones Evans Smalling
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Herrera Fletcher

Mata
    Welbeck

RVP
    Rooney

This isnt what Id like TBH, but its what I see LVG doing

I'd like to see a new CB and new CM, but I think we'd do better from a rule that said we could field 12 players :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »
    Homerjay with a hint of optimism..............This is ON!!:P

ill go on the piss for a week in celebration and put a statue of Woodward outside my house if Vidal signs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not till next summer. Buy out clause doesn't kick in till then.

Talk last night of Kagawa being surplus,Kags back to Dortmund along with cash and we get Reus.Winners all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ill go on the piss for a week in celebration and put a statue of Woodward outside my house if Vidal signs....

I'm actually going to make you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

advertsfox wrote: »
    Vidal has heard the call:pac:

Bts1n27CcAAynTr.png

After reading that Vidal news i won't be able to get any work done today... F5 all the way ... -- My Boss will be looking for you !! :D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Talk last night of Kagawa being surplus,Kags back to Dortmund along with cash and we get Reus.Winners all round.

Can't see it happening. Reus is the best player in Germany right now. Dortmund won't sell this summer. Also don't see a place for Kagawa back there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Vidal has heard the call:pac:

Bts1n27CcAAynTr.png

Any English translation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

the press outside of the UK are really driving this, this morning. was just talking to my mate who is from Turin and he says that Juve fans are starting to accept that he is leaving.

he also said that it looks like Juve are shaping up to change formation next season to accommodate the departure of Vidal.

hang on a minute, there is somebody else here who has a friend in turin????!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I thought I was the only one, maybe he is the same guy we both know :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Headshot wrote: »
    Any English translation?
    Vidal already has a "verbal agreement" with Manchester Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That paper a rag obviously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Or maybe he isn't stepping in because he is Giggs. This isn't how business' works. They can promote from within, why can't they do that without getting stick?

Good morning Red Baron xoxoxo

Bootroom system doesnt work. Giggs may work but that would be down to luck more than anything else.

Btw I think he has coaching badges already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Ross Barkley anyone? Rumour of the day? Doesn’t do it for me – more “potential” than the actual real deal which unfortunately is what United are hopelessly missing. I think “potential” is something we should go after once we’ve fixed the here and now and Barkley doesn’t represent proven mid field leadership at this stage (plus Everton would undoubtedly rob us blind again and we’d be happy for it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Allegri press conference @ 3 may shed more light on what is going on with Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Coat22 wrote: »
    Ross Barkley anyone? Rumour of the day? Doesn’t do it for me – more “potential” than the actual real deal which unfortunately is what United are hopelessly missing. I think “potential” is something we should go after once we’ve fixed the here and now and Barkley doesn’t represent proven mid field leadership at this stage (plus Everton would undoubtedly rob us blind again and we’d be happy for it)

id be ok with signing Barkley - he would be as they say, a typical United signing though - young, english, unproven and crazy expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'll be very disappointed if we send Fellaini on loan.

We really don't stand anything to gain from it. If he is useless, he'll be a year older and send back to us, with a rock bottom value (much like Anderson). If he is great for them, they'll probably have the option to buy for a set price (most like agreed right now, when his price is low after a terrible season).

It's particularly disappointing as with Carrick injured, he is arguably our second best midfielder at the club (ahead of Fletcher, and very far ahead of Anderson, Cleverley).

We should either give him a chance, or cut ties completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

glued wrote: »
    Allegri press conference @ 3 may shed more light on what is going on with Vidal.

Well that's no work for me at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

irishfeen wrote: »
    That paper a rag obviously?

I don't know how true, but I read before when El Mercurio had the Vidal rumours that it is a respected paper and the oldest surviving Chilean newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Any English translation?

That other link has the rundown on what the paper says

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/its-on-arturo-vidal-has-a-verbal-agreement-with-man-united-ahead-of-80m-move-el-mecurcio/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads....

"El Mecurcio also quote an unnamed source close to Vidal, saying:

Vidal wants to leave, and he’s told his agent this. They’ve even already made a verbal agreement with Manchester. However, Arturo is very respectful towards Juve, grateful for what they’ve given him and will accept their final decision."

If it was the Sun saying that, we'd all laugh. Just because it's Tutti Fruiti del Sporto Magazino, it doesn't mean that they are any less bull**** artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'll be very disappointed if we send Fellaini on loan.

We really don't stand anything to gain from it. If he is useless, he'll be a year older and send back to us, with a rock bottom value (much like Anderson). If he is great for them, they'll probably have the option to buy for a set price (most like agreed right now, when his price is low after a terrible season).

It's particularly disappointing as with Carrick injured, he is arguably our second best midfielder at the club (ahead of Fletcher, and very far ahead of Anderson, Cleverley).

We should either give him a chance, or cut ties completely.

Totally agree – Anderson was who I thought of when I heard about this proposed loan – he’ll either be good and they’ll try get him on the cheap and probably will as the player will only want to go back to them or he’ll be useless ala Anderson (was there really any surprise there??) and we’ll find him even harder to shift.

The only way a loan will work is if they pay his full wages – at £100k a week he’ll cost us £5M to keep for the year. The gamble is whether his value will have gone down by a similar amount by next summer (entirely possible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

BBC transfer gossip getting a bit confused about the Vidal saga it seems.
    Juventus director general Beppe Marotta says the club are keen to hold on to Arturo Vidal, dismissing rumours of the 27-year-old Chile midfielder moving to Chelsea.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads....

Vidal wants to leave, and he’s told his agent this. They’ve even already made a verbal agreement with Manchester. However, Arturo is very respectful towards Juve, grateful for what they’ve given him and will accept their final decision."

If it was the Sun saying that, we'd all laugh. Just because it's Tutti Fruiti del Sporto Magazino, it doesn't mean that they are any less bull**** artists.

I'm always confused by this - it could well be the paper is making it up - but on the other hand can you think of similar situations in other walks of life where people willingly go on the record to a paper over what is, at the end of the day, private information?

Informents exist all over the place, and they will rarely ever go on the record with their info. Journos have gone to prison in some cases for not revealing the sources.

As I say, it could well be crap in this case, but it is also utter bollix to suggest any article that credits an unnamed source is lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Vidal just posted a picture on his twitter on a bus with his Juve teammates saying 'we are ready'

Doesnt look like hes going anywer to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads....

It was me lads. I'm the unnamed source. I just figured with everyone having friends in Turin and me being all lonely I would go right to the heart of the beast.

Vidal just posted a picture on his twitter on a bus with his Juve teammates saying 'we are ready'

Doesnt look like hes going anywer to be honest.

To the airport!!

BttFs9QIgAAto_P.jpg:large

• Advertisement

I'm always confused by this - it could well be the paper is making it up - but on the other hand can you think of similar situations in other walks of life where people willingly go on the record to a paper over what is, at the end of the day, private information?

Informents exist all over the place, and they will rarely ever go on the record with their info. Journos have gone to prison in some cases for not revealing the sources.

As I say, it could well be crap in this case, but it is also utter bollix to suggest any article that credits an unnamed source is lies.

From my experienece, the vast majority of times, it is fabrication.

To the airport!!

You can see it in his eyes that he's moving to utd

To the airport!!

We're signing ALL THE TURIN!!1!

In fairness would not expect a player that has an indication of moving clubs, going on a pre-season tour trip....

To the airport!!

Vidal isn't even in the photo? It's just Pirlo on a bus? Beautiful, beautiful Pirlo. Just look at that beard/hair combo. Oh my days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Vidal isn't even in the photo? It's just Pirlo on a bus? Beautiful, beautiful Pirlo. Just look at that beard/hair combo. Oh my days.

Is that not Vidal on the front left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheDoc wrote: »
    In fairness would not expect a player that has an indication of moving clubs, going on a pre-season tour trip....

which they don't leave for til Friday. Early bus you're thinking?

kippy wrote: »

That went well over your head lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That went well over your head lol

Yeah, on reflection, it did.
    Too many pints at the GG's last night :)

fB19z.gif

I had a post in one of our superthreads outlining 10 basic rules for posting in the thread. I can't find it, but it should explain why Pirlo is great for ya.

TheDoc wrote: »

Aren't they not going until Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Edit this before someone posts that 'joke and you' gif please. Its very good but used way too much on here :)

I expect after tonight VG will have a much clearer picture of how 'broke' his squad is as Inter are a very decent team.

Edit: too late, although that is a new one Magic )

which they don't leave for til Friday. Early bus you're thinking?

Oh, thought above people are posting he put a facebook/social media post indicating he is leaving ona trip with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Aren't they not going until Friday?

Leaving August 3rd I'm sure I heard. They have a pre-season match tomorrow though. That's why the press conference is on today.

Probably what they are "ready" for too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Edit this before someone posts that 'joke and you' gif please. Its very good but used way too much on here :)

I expect after tonight VG will have a much clearer picture of how 'broke' his squad is as Inter are a very decent team.

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's rather naive to think Giggs doesnt have influence there. He managed to muscle himself onto the coaching staff of two successive managers without having any experience of coaching. An of course survived the cull after Moyes and his staff got the bullet.

Surviving the cull? Seriously? The greatest, longest serving and most decorated player at United, doesn't need to muscle himself onto anything or survive any cull. Giggs is United royalty, part of the fabric of this great club and will be for decades to come. He has all his coaching qualifications, he's sat and learned under the GOAT and now he has another great manager to learning from in LVG. As Giggs himself has said, Van Gaal didn't ask him would he like to be his number two, he told him he was going to be his number two. I hope LVG extends his contract and ends his management career with United and when that happens, I'd love to see Giggs take over the reigns.

Moyes was a rabbit in the headlights all last seasons, he was a decent honourable man but United was just too big for him and there's no shame in that. Giggs on the other hand looked more in control and assured than him even during the press conferences. And why is that? Well it's because he knows nothing else but pressure, demands and expectation. He has spent his entire career working in the pressure cooker of United and Old Trafford. If some want him to manage elsewhere before taking over, then that's fair enough. Personally, I think he doesn't need to. Sitting beside LVG for the next few years is the perfect set up for me and will cap off a perfect prep.

I feel I bring a certain class to this thread.

Andrea-Pirlo-Wine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Surviving the cull? Seriously? The greatest, longest serving and most decorated player at United, doesn't need to muscle himself onto anything or survive any cull. Giggs is United royalty, part of the fabric of this great club and will be for decades to come. He has all his coaching qualifications, he's sat and learned under the GOAT and now he has another great manager to learning from in LVG. As Giggs himself has said, Van Gaal didn't ask him would he like to be his number two, he told him he was going to be his number two. I hope LVG extends his contract and ends his management career with United and when that happens, I'd love to see Giggs take over the reigns.

Moyes was a rabbit in the headlights all last seasons, he was a decent honourable man but United was just too big for him and there's no shame in that. Giggs on the other hand looked more in control and assured than him even during the press conferences. And why is that? Well it's because he knows nothing else but pressure, demands and expectation. He has spent his entire career working in the pressure cooker of United and Old Trafford. If some want him to manage elsewhere before taking over, then that's fair enough. Personally, I think he doesn't need to. Sitting beside LVG for the next few years is the perfect set up for me and will cap off a perfect prep.

Absolute rubbish. Sitting beside a good manager makes you managerial quality? Sure why wasn't phelan given the job? He sat beside fergie long enough.
    A great player does not make a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It also doesn't preclude it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Absolute rubbish. Sitting beside a good manager makes you managerial quality? Sure why wasn't phelan given the job? He sat beside fergie long enough.

That may be true, but you have no proof that Giggs in time wouldn't be a great manager either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

DDG

Jones-Evans-Vermaelan

Valencia
    Shaw

Herrera-Fletcher

Mata

Rooney-Van Persie

Subs: Vidal for Fletcher (52)
    Rafael for Valencia (60)
    Blind for Herrera (75)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I feel I bring a certain class to this thread.

That you do MagicIRL, a kindergarten type class maybe ;)
    Kidding of course ;)

brinty wrote: »
    That you do MagicIRL, a kindergarten type class maybe ;)
    Kidding of course ;)

I am what I am.

What am I? A 22 year old with a borderline obsession with Andrea Pirlo, it would seem. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I am what I am.

What am I? A 22 year old with a borderline obsession with Andrea Pirlo, it would seem. :D

Ugh, 22? GTFO.

Can people stop being so young please?

Cool, thanks.

• Advertisement

Ugh, 22? GTFO.

Can people stop being so young please?

Cool, thanks.

Don't kill these vibes, old man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement