Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

That may be true, but you have no proof that Giggs in time wouldn't be a great manager either.

And there's no proof he'd be a good manager. Managers are usually hired on their track record, not on how good they were as players. Giggs would be a gamble.

Sure if you're all happy to gamble, then fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

109,901 fans will attend the Real Madrid - MUFC game - a record for a football match in the USA. [marca]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And there's no proof he'd be a good manager. Managers are usually hired on their track record, not on how good they were as players. Giggs would be a gamble.

Giggsy is a legend, but you simply cannot spend 3 years following LvG and then take the reigns of one of the biggest clubs in world football.

It'll be Moyes 2.0. Moyes isn't a bad manager, he just couldn't handle the size of the club. Same for Giggs imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Absolute rubbish.

I stopped reading after that compelling response. Now I suggest you clam down, grow up and take a Valium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ugh, 22? GTFO.

Can people stop being so young please?

Cool, thanks.

I agree Maximus, i'm 34 and feel ancient

• Advertisement

Just saw the bit where LvG says he inherited a "broken squad".Kick in the balls for Moyes when he said it would have been better had he taken over from Fergie.
    Morale among the players must have been at rock bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I am what I am.

What am I? A 22 year old with a borderline obsession with Andrea Pirlo, it would seem. :D

FFS That means he wasn’t even around when Fergie managed to fcuk away the first division title in 91/92!!

Oh to be 22 again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

How does a manager get a track record if nobody hires him? Plenty are thrown straight in. Some sink, some swim.

I'm not BTW saying that Giggs should get the job after LVG, only that your argument is flawed

Rooney telling LvG he'll play #7, #11, #9 or 10 shows how big of a morale boost he has had on the team.

I am what I am.

What am I? A 22 year old with a borderline obsession with Andrea Pirlo, it would seem. :D

S0Tje50838.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

brinty wrote: »
    I agree Maximus, i'm 34 and feel ancient

Ooh brinty, you just made me feel young again. :pac:

I stopped reading after that compelling response. Now I suggest you clam down, grow up and take a Valium.

I'm sure you did read the response and have no proper come back. I'm quite grown up and don't need a valium, thank you very much.

How does a manager get a track record if nobody hires him? Plenty are thrown straight in. Some sink, some swim.

I'm not BTW saying that Giggs should get the job after LVG, only that your argument is flawed

I explained that earlier. He starts lower and works his way up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

sorry if posted already .. but just in case.

New United Jersey €47.99 at Sports Direct ( that's shipping included )

Use Promo code perks20 at checkout

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-manchester-united-home-shirt-2014-2015-377002?colcode=37700208

Note: Make sure currency is set to Euro

Posted this in the Off Topic thread:

Sign up for 1 month for €1 for Setanta/BT from 1st August. You can cancel straight away so you won't be billed for a 2nd month.

Scholes has signed up as a pundit plus United are the first televised game.

https://www.facebook.com/SetantaSportsIreland/photos/a.148614645193312.47798.146104712110972/685403828181055/?type=1&theater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shaw is looking a bit plump in this photo from last week.

http://instagram.com/p/qs7nYNCDMN/

Although in fairness he looks the same returning from the world cup

451201772-jack-wilshere-and-luke-shaw-seen-ariving-at-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QSeOcyqntplwx3z5%2bKorMMPPWMPvBqKWAZ5sZfYQXCSdk6nFVwcE%2bbA9n%2f20u96VPA%3d%3d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

RasTa wrote: »
    Shaw is looking a bit plump in this photo from last week.

http://instagram.com/p/qs7nYNCDMN/

Although in fairness he looks the same returning from the world cup

451201772-jack-wilshere-and-luke-shaw-seen-ariving-at-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QSeOcyqntplwx3z5%2bKorMMPPWMPvBqKWAZ5sZfYQXCSdk6nFVwcE%2bbA9n%2f20u96VPA%3d%3d

Maybe he should take up smoking to keep the weight off.:)

Ooh brinty, you just made me feel young again. :pac:

You're most welcome, i could well be the old man of the thread!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

NeVeR wrote: »

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-manchester-united-home-shirt-2014-2015-377002?colcode=37700208

Just to confirm that this does work.. I just ordered 2 jersey's and only paid €81.58 ( Adults / Kids jersey's ) :D

• Advertisement

I'm sure you did read the response and have no proper come back. I'm quite grown up and don't need a valium, thank you very much.

Come back? Are you for real?

81047_jon-stewart-huh.gif

I think you need to climb down off that very high opinion you have of yourself.

Absolute rubbish. Sitting beside a good manager makes you managerial quality? Sure why wasn't phelan given the job? He sat beside fergie long enough.
    A great player does not make a great manager.

And where did I say that? Yes that's right, I didn't. I just said I want Giggs to to take over when LVG steps down. I made no mention, nor prediction that he would be a great manager in my post. In fact, he mightn't last any longer than Moyes. I did say that Giggs loooked more assured, more at home so to speak when he took over. And I rationalised that spending his entire career in the United pressure cooker, has made such pressure second nature to him. But no, once again, I never said he would be a great manager in that post.

But look, I'll cut you some slack. You're relatively new to Boards and here's a big tip that will stand you in good stead - read what you see in a post and not what you think you see. Do that and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he just couldn't handle the size of the club. Same for Giggs imo.

ah come on, if there is one person that Understands manchester united its Ryan Giggs.

he will not be overawed in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah will ya fcuk off with tempting offers like that and I broke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Giggsy is a legend, but you simply cannot spend 3 years following LvG and then take the reigns of one of the biggest clubs in world football.

It'll be Moyes 2.0. Moyes isn't a bad manager, he just couldn't handle the size of the club. Same for Giggs imo.

but giggs has been there since he was a kid... if he cant handle the size of the club no one could!! I think it was just moyes was never at a club that size before, didn't know how big commercially utd were or how many fans they have all over the world and was genuinely in awe of the task he was given

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah will ya fcuk off with tempting offers like that and I broke :)

That's what aliexpress is for.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Just because he won't be overawed doesn't mean he has the tactical noose or experience managing players to do a proper job.

Being well liked and experienced at United hasn't made Bryan Robson a good manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

brinty wrote: »
    You're most welcome, i could well be the old man of the thread!!!

Not a hope!!

Come back? Are you for real?

81047_jon-stewart-huh.gif

I think you need to climb down off that very high opinion you have of yourself.

And where did I say that? Yes that's right, I didn't. I just said I want Giggs to to take over when LVG steps down. I made no mention, nor prediction that he would be a great manager in my post. In fact, he mightn't last any longer than Moyes. I did say that Giggs loooked more assured, more at home so to speak when he took over. And I rationalised that spending his entire career in the United pressure cooker, has made such pressure second nature to him. But no, once again, I never said he would be a great manager in that post.

But look, I'll cut you some slack. You're relatively new to Boards and here's a big tip that will stand you in good stead - read what you see in a post and not what you think you see. Do that and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle on this site.

Oh, wow. You reply with a gif, general condescension, an insult and some advice to the "newb".

The manager taking over from LVG should be a great manager. Not taking a gamble.

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement

Aside from his new BT punditry role,Scholes has also signed up for UCL coverage on ITV.

Even Scholes gets Champions League football.

Guess that's the end of his coaching role at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Giggs said he couldn't sleep when he was caretaker manager, he picked his friends to play.
    He made some good choices with the likes of Wilson, but it was clear he would not have been the right choice for manager of Manchester United right now.

He will learn a lot from Van Gaal.

Oh, wow. You reply with a gif, general condescension, an insult and some advice to the "newb".

Sorry the victim card doesn't apply to you and let me remind you why. Your initial response to my opinion was, I quote....
    Absolute rubbish.

It was then followed by this gem......
    I'm sure you did read the response and have no proper come back.

Now if you had of left out the nonsense and said this from the start....
    The manager taking over from LVG should be a great manager. Not taking a gamble.

Everything would have been cool and I would have had no problem engaging in an exchange of views on the subject. As it was, you red flagged yourself from the start.
    Thanks for the advice.

Anytime.

Sorry the victim card doesn't apply to you and let me remind you why. Your initial response to my opinion was, I quote....

It was then followed by this gem......

Now if you had of left out the nonsense and said this from the start....

Everything would have been cool and I would have had no problem engaging in an exchange of views on the subject. As it was, you red flagged yourself from the start.

Anytime.

Take your own advice and calm down. Take a valium. You seem to be getting very worked up, lad.

What is about adding 'lad' to the end of sentences? Is it trying to rile the other person up? As though you are the man and they the boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

tumblr_lyqip94klg1qgfn58o1_500.png

Anyway..any news on Vidal? Hopefully he comes out and says where his future lies today. All the reliable sources like the Mail and Star ;) have been saying he has agreed a united deal of roughly £60million! Seems like silly rumours for the sake of writing articles..well I hope at least!

• Advertisement

What is about adding 'lad' to the end of sentences? Is it trying to rile the other person up? As though you are the man and they the boy?

Would the pair of them grow up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd say the guy who said he was 22 earlier is one of the elder statesmen in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

22 years old?

I was 22 two weeks before the Nou Camp in '99.

Pups, the lot of ye....

899fed61fa42e7b93f6836c027668b7f.gif

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd say the guy who said he was 22 earlier is one of the elder statesmen in this thread.

You'll learn to regret that! I bet I'll show myself up before the week is out! :pac::cool:

No, this sort of stuff riles people more than the word "lad"

"Now I suggest you clam down, grow up and take a Valium. "

"I think you need to climb down off that very high opinion you have of yourself."

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    22 years old?

I was 22 two weeks before the Nou Camp in '99.

Pups, the lot of ye....

I was 19 three weeks before it, i had a college exam the following morning
    got steaming drunk went in did exam with no recollection of doing it and it was my second best mark
    Think there might have been a few OLE 20 LEGEND's on the answer book ;) Lecturer was a United supporter too so it most likely helped ;)

You'll learn to regret that! I bet I'll show myself up before the week is out! :pac::cool:

I give ye an hour ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

What has happened to this forum, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd say it's something like that. Very annoying imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ahhh I forgot my SportDirect password! Thanks for the deal heads up

Corvo wrote: »
    What has happened to this forum, eh?

We need something to cheer us all up

I think some gif's would help

If anyone can post a fantasy line up of gifs in the 3-5-2 formation you're the statesman of thre thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just on the 'lad' thing....

Around where I'm from it's used a lot, and I would say almost never in a condescending sense.

I'd often answer my phone by going "Well lad!" if it was to a person I knew well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What are you trying to say lad boy kid son?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

According to the tweet machine. Allegri has just come out and said Vidal wants to stay at Juve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Guardiola says hello

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement