Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just on the 'lad' thing....

Around where I'm from it's used a lot, and I would say almost never in a condescending sense.

I'd often answer my phone by going "Well lad!" if it was to a person I knew well....

obviously your from cavan area...its a common word in every sentence up there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

nicklauski wrote: »
    According to the tweet machine. Allegri has just come out and said Vidal wants to stay at Juve.

He did indeed.
    Juventus coach #Allegri to reporters "#Vidal's future? #Vidal wants to stay at #Juventus"

Hopefully we can move on from this saga once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Around where I'm from it's used a lot, and I would say almost never in a condescending sense.

I'd often answer my phone by going "Well lad!" if it was to a person I knew well....

Who you calling your "lad" buddy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

nicklauski wrote: »
    According to the tweet machine. Allegri has just come out and said Vidal wants to stay at Juve.

Well, he's hardly gonna' come out to the cameras and tell them he wants out now is he?

He'll say he wants to stay. Juve will drive his price up. United will pay it and everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

TheTownie wrote: »
    He did indeed.

Well thank God for that – can we now move on with realistic opportunities please?

See Ron Vlaar is subject to a bid from Southampton…..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

If all things go to plan the Vidal thing will be over with by tonight. Either he joins or he doesn't, at this point I don't really care I just hope it's over with soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Adamocovic wrote: »
    If all things go to plan the Vidal thing will be over with by tonight. Either he joins or he doesn't, at this point I don't really care I just hope it's over with soon.

Ive heard that alot over the last few weeks.... I hope its over soon one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Well I think it's time to find a nice cave to hide in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What is about adding 'lad' to the end of sentences? Is it trying to rile the other person up? As though you are the man and they the boy?
    Maybe they are from Cork too .. Everyone is "lad" down here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What is about adding 'lad' to the end of sentences? Is it trying to rile the other person up? As though you are the man and they the boy?

Its really ****ing annoying.

Its such a horrible English/ South side expression.

I assume it stems from those "funny" lad Facebook pages. Cringey as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You'll learn to regret that! I bet I'll show myself up before the week is out! :pac::cool:

Good luck in this company :rolleyes:
    TheDoc wrote: »

South side!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so....so far, it looks like the plan is to get rid of all the high earners and low performers (up to 8 senior players gone/going), replacing them with the likes of Keane, Blackett, James and Jesse.

smaller squad, smaller wage bill, but less experience and dare i say less quality. Vermaelen will come but not necessarily solve anything and then depending on how ambitious one more player will come, hopefully Vidal.

its quite possible that the club believes that 4th place is our lot for this year and that its going to be another year before we challenge for titles again - the bulk of the investment is actually going to come next summer. at the moment, it looks like the investment put into Herrera and Shaw is going to be offset in part by having £30million plus taken off the wage bill.

Allegri "I talked yesterday with Vidal to know his physical condition & now we're delighted that Vidal will remain with us."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Take your own advice and calm down. Take a valium. You seem to be getting very worked up, lad.

Apologies to other fans here for having to endure this. I usually try to avoid such nonsense, but sometimes you just have to highlight it and show a poster for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What an interesting morning to wake up to. The Shaw situation doesn't appear as controversial as first thought with the player agreeing to a plan etc.

What will definitely stoke the fires is the news Reus has rejected a new contract with Dortmund.

Probably goes to Bayern Munich, the Bild thinks it will be a battle between United, Bayern and Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

TheTownie wrote: »

He is injured :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Barcelona are going to be transfer banned next season aren't they? Would Reus do a Gotze after the things he's said about it?

Also Cavani has been cut out of the new PSG jersey poster, looks like he's on his way to somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus don't ever visit any of us country folk in Cork anyway my dear ladeen :p

RobertKK wrote: »
    He is injured :P

He covered that :D
    Allegri on Vidal: "Now he needs a few days to get in a good condition, he is very happy to stay"

Cavani is coming to United. We're going to play a 3-3-4 next season and win everything 7-4.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Good luck in this company :rolleyes:

South side!?

Yeah...outragous amount of people Im finding using it. Especially in shops. Its noticeable because I foray to the south side every now and again with work or something else...and it sticks out. Never hear it being said north side. I'm talking about shops like. Someone giving me change going " and your change lad "

Seems to go with a certain type of young male stereotype aswell. Absolutely wrecks my head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is that not basically the same stance Juvi have had for weeks now. Hasn't stopped the stories so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I know people from the Louth/Meath area and it's probably the only mildly endearing phrase they'll use.:p

Anyone offended by the term needs to get out more.:rolleyes:

irishfeen wrote: »
    Jesus don't ever visit any of us country folk in Cork anyway my dear ladeen :p

Ah I've a good few mates from Waterford and I still don't cop the "Well boy" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

so....so far, it looks like the plan is to get rid of all the high earners and low performers (up to 8 senior players gone/going), replacing them with the likes of Keane, Blackett, James and Jesse.

smaller squad, smaller wage bill, but less experience and dare i say less quality. Vermaelen will come but not necessarily solve anything and then depending on how ambitious one more player will come, hopefully Vidal.

its quite possible that the club believes that 4th place is our lot for this year and that its going to be another year before we challenge for titles again - the bulk of the investment is actually going to come next summer. at the moment, it looks like the investment put into Herrera and Shaw is going to be offset in part by having £30million plus taken off the wage bill.

You are literally just making all that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭deisedude

Yeah...outragous amount of people Im finding using it. Especially in shops. Its noticeable because I foray to the south side every now and again with work or something else...and it sticks out. Never hear it being said north side. I'm talking about shops like. Someone giving me change going " and your change lad "

Seems to go with a certain type of young male stereotype aswell. Absolutely wrecks my head.

Calm down lad :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is that not basically the same stance Juvi have had for weeks now. Hasn't stopped the stories so far....

Have they spoke on behalf of Vidal before? i.e. 'He wants/happy to stay' etc.

I thought previously they were speaking about their own stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Apologies to other fans here for having to endure this. I usually try to avoid such nonsense, but sometimes you just have to highlight it and show a poster for what they are.

Both of ye drop the digs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Just seen a headline on eurosport vidal agrees fourty seven million deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Only people I've heard say it on the south side are from Kilkenny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Vidal fee agreed!!!!!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/euro-papers-united-47m-vidal-094313337.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Vidal fee agreed!!!!!

ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

You don't take your own medicine too well.

We're 5/2 on Sky Bet to sign James McCarthy? Who the hell is lumping money on that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Vidal fee agreed!!!!!

That's a newspaper round up, like the BBC's gossip column. I wouldn't get excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thyre just quoting the Chilean newspaper article from this morning? Allegri has said hes staying today

Think that’s based on the same story from the Chilean newspaper this morning.

In other news “Vidal: I’m fed up eating spaghetti” seems to suggest he wants away from Italy although a headline in Marca “Vidal: How I love Rioja with my Tapas” would appear to mean he’s heading to Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Carlow, lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

We're 5/2 on Sky Bet to sign James McCarthy? Who the hell is lumping money on that?!

if they can get him for 10-15m he would be a great signing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And El Mercurio claim Vidal has verbally agreed to join United on a four-year deal for a £120,000-a-week wage.

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

Rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

bangkok wrote: »
    if they can get him for 10-15m he would be a great signing

Is this real life?

Can’t understand why we didn’t move for him last year – as a squad player though – Martinez seems to like Cleverly so maybe he’ll take him as part of the deal.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And El Mercurio claim Vidal has verbally agreed to join United on a four-year deal for a £120,000-a-week wage.

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

verbally agreed

Rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

I love how for some reason no one gives a flying **** about tapping up anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just on vidal, today is the first time ive seen his odds on staying at juventus drift out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Is this real life?

Well lad, you know lad, what this lad is like, lad.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Comment on Sky Sports about Shaw not being fit enough and needing his own training :P

"Never mind Luke, keep your chin up... both of them! haha!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I love how for some reason no one gives a flying **** about tapping up anymore

The game changes, it's now part of all transfer dealings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol people in Carlow, Laois etc have been saying lad the last gazillion years

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement