Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

El Mercurio is the same paper that said Liverpool bid the same as us for Vidal so I don't think they're very reliable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

El Mercurio is the same paper that said Liverpool bid the same as us for Vidal so I don't think they're very reliable

How do we know that Liverpool didn't?

Vidal is odds on to be at United next season and odds against to be at Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Done right it would look great, I'm not too good with Photoshop

This?

316388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Don't know if mentioned already but Barkley signed a new 4 year deal so that's another rumour put to bed.

Unibet are giving 2.4 Juventus his club after window, people must be piling on United

• Advertisement

This?

316388.jpg

Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Selling

Glengarry

Woodward says 'Glenross'

They're guaranteed no mistake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

How do we know that Liverpool didn't?

Vidal is odds on to be at United next season and odds against to be at Juve.

As others have said, bookies odd don't mean anything other than more people have bet on him leaving rather than staying.

As others have said, bookies odd don't mean anything other than more people have bet on him leaving rather than staying.

i.e. They mean something...

There are people with such conviction that Vidal will join United that they're willing to stake money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My dog has 2 bowls

One bowl has vidal in a utd shirt and the other bowl vidal in a juve shirt

My dog picked the utd bowl

Oh its on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The logo is fine apart from the size. Reduce it by half and it fits in grand. Its just the pure size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

This picture changes everything, I've changed my stance to unreal.

Btu-cWHCcAEjTNK.jpg

Nice but too little too late, We need a black Adidas jersey next season. Either away or 3rd, I don't mind (I've been waiting twenty odd years...)

There are people with such conviction that Vidal will join United that they're willing to stake money on it.

The don't mean anything. People are reading the tabloid rubbish, believing every word and using that as a reason to place their bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Not the best with photoshop and don't mind the kit too much but wouldn't mind the logo being something like this

oizqyt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Without knowing the depth of the betting we know nothing. If something is happening on this front, and some big bets start coming in, betting will be suspended across all the bookies fairly sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

That even looks better to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Imagine how nice the kits would be if they just had the Chevrolet font and no logo.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Not the best with photoshop and don't mind the kit too much but wouldn't mind the logo being something like this

oizqyt.jpg

I actually just prefer the gold logo on the blue kit! Kits will never please everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

As long as Vidal signs they can go out on the pitch in dresses as far as I'm concerned

duffman13 wrote: »
    I actually just prefer the gold logo on the blue kit! Kits will never please everyone

True, personally I don't mind the new kits, but the main thing most people don't like seems to be the Chevrolet logo so I said I'd put up an alternative.

I reckon the logo will grow on most after we get used to it, hopefully some lovely wins can help speed that up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Chevrolet arnt gonna be changing their logo just to please Man Utd fans for the jerseys! Get used to the gold on red,white,blue,black whatever for a long time to come !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Headshot wrote: »
    My dog has 2 bowls

One bowl has vidal in a utd shirt and the other bowl vidal in a juve shirt

My dog picked the utd bowl

Oh its on now

I also had €1.50 on it which moved the odds to 1/18.

What squad number will he take?

Adamocovic wrote: »
    True, personally I don't mind the new kits, but the main thing most people don't like seems to be the Chevrolet logo so I said put up an alternative.

I reckon the logo will grow on most after we get used to it, hopefully some lovely wins can help people get used to it!

Nice effort all the same the white mock ups on the home kit looked better, Yeah I mean I'd rather have a Ferrari logo instead of the Chevrolet but ill take the cash monies from whoever is giving the most money

I'm not believing it until I see him wearing a jersey jogging out the tunnel against Swansea because If I get my hopes up and we were to agree a fee and personal terms and then he fails the medical it would be the worst thing ever.

Chevrolet arnt gonna be changing their logo just to please Man Utd fans for the jerseys! Get used to the gold on red,white,blue,black whatever for a long time to come !

I wouldn't necessarily agree, remember Vodafone altered the colour of their logo for different Man United kits. The black jersey had a black centre in the Vodafone logo instead of their red centre. And also the white shirt had a black Vodafone logo with a white centre, opposed to the actual logo which is white and red.

Agree that we should just get used to it as personally I can't see them altering the colour of their logo, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Lads, just saw the jersey on ssn. It's 2 tone. Light blue at the front, dark blue at the back and the collar is dark blue. It's rotten.

Lads, just saw the jersey on ssn. It's 2 tone. Light blue at the front, dark blue at the back and the collar is dark blue. It's rotten.

I think most of the attention for this match might be on the new kit rather than players haha

Interested in seeing it on the players now. Also anyone hear any news on starting 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm not believing it until I see him wearing a jersey jogging out the tunnel against Swansea because If I get my hopes up and we were to agree a fee and personal terms and then he fails the medical it would be the worst thing ever.

A nice sentiment but realistically as soon as one credible source says it on then its tits out gifs out.

Something being heavy odds on with the bookies is not meaningless.

To suggest otherwise is bonkers.

• Advertisement

Anyone got any pics of that new blue kit?? :pac:

Seriously though I love it, haven't liked a kit that much in longer than I can remember.

Regarding the Vidal saga, I went to take a shít earlier and reached for a magazine called 'Sound on Sound'. The first page that flipped open had "Arturio On!" in big bold white font on the top of the page. I'm choosing to drop the 'i' in 'Arturio' to take it as a sign that he's definitely coming. Just getting the tattoo here now!

Wesley Sneijder was odds on to join utd a few years ago. Thiago was odds on last summer. It means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

And it had such potential
    30cr38h.jpg

b3pv7r.jpg2ldhba8.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And it had such potential
    30cr38h.jpg

Fcuk you nike.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fcuk you nike.

Horrendous! Bring on Adidas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Thats so training jerseyish

• Advertisement

Thiago was odds on last summer. It means nothing.

A deal for Thiago was all but done until Moyes vetoed it. Hardly "meaningless".

It is ridiculous to claim that something being odds on with the bookies is meaningless. Does it mean that something is definitely going to happen? Of course not. But if Vidal is odds on to go to United (and odds against to leave Juventus), that is positive from a United perspective. It is certainly not meaningless.

It's not bonkers, United were 1-12 to sign him a couple of weeks ago. Didn't sign, Sneijder was 1-25 at one stage, didn't sign. Especially in markets such as this were there may be a small pool of money and two or three bets of a hundred euro can cause the market to fluctuates dramatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

It is ridiculous to claim that something being odds on with the bookies is meaningless. Does it mean that something is definitely going to happen? Of course not. But if Vidal is odds on to go to United (and odds against to leave Juventus), that is positive from a United perspective. It is certainly not meaningless.

Moyes didn't veto it, nor did he veto Kroos as some have suggested

But odds/money talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Well that month went fairly quick!

So what i miss then ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We're signing Vidal.

We're not signing Vidal.

Nani is shit.

We're signing Vidal.

We're not signing Vidal.

We're not signing Vidal.

We're signing Vidal.

We're not signing Vidal.

• Advertisement

Just for perspective Rooney was 2-9 to start the season with Chelsea and 3-1 with United last summer. There is loads of examples of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Some fashion discussion mostly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What were ye done for this time...
    Can help but love your user name
    Johnny Marr rif goes off in my head every time

Yea pretty much what Keno says
    and petty squabbling
    Bangkok telling us his sources had dinner with vidal and Vidal spoke to Bangkok to confirm he and Marco Reus would be CM for United next season ;)
    lots of negativity
    everynew kit is 5h1t3
    chevy ruins jersies
    we love classic kits
    deals on jersies
    shipping and postage questions
    orgies
    hmmmm kinda stuck after that

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just for perspective Rooney was 2-9 to start the season with Chelsea and 3-1 with United last summer. There is loads of examples of this!

Jesus Christ...

Rooney had fallen out with Fergie and had bad history with Moyes. Mourinho was publicly courting Rooney.

There is a world of difference between something that is odds on not happening and claims that odds on status is "meaningless".

If we wake up tomorrow and Vidal is 1/100 to go to United or betting is suspended, is that "meaningless" too?

brinty wrote: »
    What were ye done for this time...
    Can help but love your user name
    Johnny Marr rif goes off in my head every time

Yea pretty much what Keno says
    and petty squabbling
    Bangkok telling us his sources had dinner with vidal and Vidal spoke to Bangkok to confirm he and Marco Reus would be CM for United next season ;)
    lots of negativity
    everynew kit is 5h1t3
    chevy ruins jersies
    we love classic kits
    deals on jersies
    shipping and postage questions
    orgies
    hmmmm kinda stuck after that

Ah great nothing has changed in here so ! :D

I am a reformed man ive done my time and ill never be bold again i promise.............

18:13: We've got that all-important team news for you: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck.

Team per club site v Inter
    Valencia and young as wing backs
    sort that 5h1t3 out Czar

brinty wrote: »
    18:13: We've got that all-important team news for you: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck.

Team per club site v Inter
    Valencia and young as wing backs
    sort that 5h1t3 out Czar

Shaw should be starting whip his fat ass into shape!!

18:14 - Subs: De Gea, Zaha, Kagawa, Nani, Cleverley, Blackett, Smalling, M.Keane, Hernandez, Lingard. There is no Amos, Johnstone, Will Keane or Shaw.

Once Van Gaal sees Ashley Young in action, he'll sign Arturo Vidal, Gore Vidal and Vidal Sasoon...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement