Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone wanna tell him its just a friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really surprised we are third favorites for the league and Liverpool are double our price. I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal are well clear and we will be run close by Liverpool for 4th.

United fans vote in numbers it drops the odds everytime, it is the same for the England national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The mammy went out and purchased a hair straightener today and left it on the kitchen worktop. Walked past it and something caught my eye....

ArturOn!
    What's Mom like?? :P ... take a pic of her testing that vidal hair straightener out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My jerseys arrived both of them! Delighted! Haven't been online since last night... Whats the latest news today?

Ed Woodward said that due to the fcuk up with the jerseys and having to honour the price we can no longer afford Vidal, he said something about asking everybody sending them back to the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

How the f**k did Chelsea manage to sell Lukaku for 28 million!!! They know how to do business. :o

How the f**k did Chelsea manage to sell Lukaku for 28 million!!! They know how to do business. :o

We only paid 11 million for him too, and got a 3 million loan fee last year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

He's a serious talent, that's how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lukaku is a really good player, imo. That fee is about right in this era of megadeals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

We only paid 11 million for him too, and got a 3 million loan fee last year :)

Where are you getting £11m out of? Was fairly sure it was ~£20m.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    It was 11 rising to 18 million based on add ons, so it got widely reported as 18 million at the time, but as he only started six games for us we never paid any of the add ons, I'm on my phone so can't get a link right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Blatter wrote: »

It was £11m with add ons to bring it to £18m based on games played and goals scored. He didn't make enough appearances to trigger the add ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester United are to sell 8 million new class A shares to be traded on New York Stock Exchange.

No coincidence this is at the same time the Club are on tour in the USA.

More money to pay off the debt,at this rate it'll be gone within months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »
    Manchester United are to sell 8 million new class A shares to be traded on New York Stock Exchange.

Not so fast.
    tariq panja
    @tariqpanja

Manchester United won't receive any of the money raised from the new share sale, statement says. All money raised to controlling owners.

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    Not so fast.

At least they won't be taking money directly from the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

http://ir.manutd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=133303&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1953153&highlight=
    MANCHESTER, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 30, 2014-- Manchester United plc (“Manchester United”) today announced the offering of 8,000,000 of its Class A Ordinary Shares by Red Football LLC (the “Selling Shareholder”). The underwriters will have an option to purchase up to an additional 1,200,000 Class A Ordinary Shares from the Selling Shareholder. Manchester United will not receive any proceeds from the sale of any Class A Shares by the Selling Shareholder. The Class A Ordinary Shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “MANU.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

irishfeen wrote: »
    What's Mom like?? :P ... take a pic of her testing that vidal hair straightener out...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Just when I think I can't possibly have a bigger man crush on Mata...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=554121988066671&set=vb.338233632988842&type=3&theater

I see there's a new webpage up and running...

http://www.haveunitedbidforvidalyet.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think with Vidal back Monday if anything was going to happen it would be close by now not looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Fook Vidal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I think with Vidal back Monday if anything was going to happen it would be close by now not looking good.

Can I copy your post for a template?
    I think with [...........] back [.........] if anything was going to happen it would be close by now not looking good.
    It once again seems apt for our transfer dealings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Christ its quite in here...
    Hope we lose that game v Real and get back to Manchester at the weekend and start the deals
    nothing like having cleverly and fletcher shown up by the real midfield to push LvG into action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

brinty wrote: »
    Christ its quite in here...
    Hope we lose that game v Real and get back to Manchester at the weekend and start the deals
    nothing like having cleverly and fletcher shown up by the real midfield to push LvG into action

We thought the same after CL final in 2011.

and here we are.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm getting uncomfortable on the positivity couch......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Al Capwned wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

+1
    +2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Hang in there lads...hang in there

*SQUEAKY BUM TIME*

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

As far as I know they won't be in a rush to do that, I've heard it's good on the books to have some debt apparently the club pays less tax that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Everything will be okay lads. Don't worry.

eye-twitch.gif

Everything will be okay lads. Don't worry.

eye-twitch.gif

United are monitoring the situation,they seem to do more monitoring than the NSA.

• Advertisement

Just to cheer us up while waiting for us to feckin' sign a few more players here's this gem from Stevie G.

“I haven’t lost my man at a set-piece. I haven’t missed a penalty. I haven’t made a bad pass or a mistake. That’s why it was cruel. Every single person on the planet slips at some point in their life, whether it is on a set of stairs, on the floor or whatever.

“For me, it happened on the pitch at a really bad moment. But over the course of 38 games a lot happens for you and against you and that determines whether you win the league or not. That moment happened at a crucial time and I have to face that. And I will do.”

That image never stops being funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Careful now, after United's ridiculous season and Gerrard's hilarious slip, an uneasy peace seems to have settled over the rival fans. Don't wake them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Al Capwned wrote: »

Everything is grey and miserable over here on the Woodward is a clown couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'd say we are a CB and maybe a run of the mill CM away from cloaing our cheque book.

I'd also expect Chico, Fellaini and Kagawa to be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Just to cheer us up while waiting for us to feckin' sign a few more players here's this gem from Stevie G.

“I haven’t lost my man at a set-piece. I haven’t missed a penalty. I haven’t made a bad pass or a mistake. That’s why it was cruel. Every single person on the planet slips at some point in their life, whether it is on a set of stairs, on the floor or whatever.

“For me, it happened on the pitch at a really bad moment. But over the course of 38 games a lot happens for you and against you and that determines whether you win the league or not. That moment happened at a crucial time and I have to face that. And I will do.”

It's all about me with our Stevie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a liar. He didn't just slip. He miscontrolled the ball, then he slipped trying to recover. Every bit as bad a mistake as making a bad pass or losing his man at a set piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

lol:pac: obsessed much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

redarmy wrote: »
    lol:pac: obsessed much

Highlight of their season. Christmas could come early for them if they win the guiness international tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

C'mon lads, leave it out, sure they never talk about United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ricero wrote: »
    Highlight of their season.

It really, really was.

When Im feeling blue, when Im having a bad day, I think of it and smile.

article-2623207-1D66477500000578-774_634x351.jpg
    102393.jpg
    ZZ23432.jpg
    steven-gerrard-slip-v-chelsea.jpg

I absolutely love it.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The truth is it was their one real chance of the title and they(he) blew it. I actually felt a little sorry for them. However whenever pool supporters started their crap about United that feeling quickly disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Have had the Vidal page on the caf open in my browser for the last 3 days checking it every few hours, still have a faint lingering hope, something similar to what you feel when the first lotto number out matches your docket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

nuxxx wrote: »
    Have had the Vidal page on the caf open in my browser for the last 3 days checking it every few hours, still have a faint lingering hope, something similar to what you feel when the first lotto number out matches your docket :)

I think at this stage its dead in the water unfortunately.

I have faith in LVG and am convinced that if he actually wanted him that we would have made a move by this stage and it would have been put to be officially one or another.

There is still a month left in the window so Im not getting at all flustered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I still believe that we'll get Vidal.

In other brighter news, Fellaini appears to be on the cusp of an £18m move to Napoli. £15m (loss plus wages) is an expensive mistake but getting £18m for him would be a result in my view. On a "cost versus quality basis", he is up there with Carroll as one of the worst players I've ever seen. Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I still believe that we'll get Vidal.

In other brighter news, Fellaini appears to be on the cusp of an £18m move to Napoli. £15m (loss plus wages) is an expensive mistake but getting £18m for him would be a result in my view. On a "cost versus quality basis", he is up there with Carroll as one of the worst players I've ever seen. Good riddance.

That is totally unfair on Fellani. Chap done a stunning job for Everton. Did not settle with us and was injured a lot. Remember a huge amout of people were happy we got him and expected lots from him..........no doubt you will tell us how you knew better

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

racso1975 wrote: »
    That is totally unfair on Fellani. Chap done a stunning job for Everton. Did not settle with us and was injured a lot. Remember a huge amout of people were happy we got him and expected lots from him..........no doubt you will tell us how you knew better

I have always said that he is not of United standard.

People's judgement is clouded by some "great performances" where the Goodison crowd were baying for blood and Fellaini played as a number 10 getting on the end of long balls and battering people out of the way. He has no place playing for a team like United.

He is also in my view a nasty piece of work from a football perspective (in that he's a dirty player).

There are people who were anti Fellaini and anti Moyes from the start you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,422 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I find it absolutely shocking that United have still not signed a central midfielder to partner Herrera. The thought that one of Carrick, Cleverley or Fellaini are going to be a regular starter for United this season in central midfield is absolutely astounding. I honestly can't believe United are repeating the exact same mistakes as previous years. No lessons learned, not proper improvement in our league standing, imo. Going to be a struggle for 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Fellini was a good tool to have in the tool box.

It's not his fault he was a hammer and we needed a wrench.

Would prefer to see him not go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I find it absolutely shocking that United have still not signed a central midfielder to partner Herrera. The thought that one of Carrick, Cleverley or Fellaini are going to be a regular starter for United this season in central midfield is absolutely astounding. I honestly can't believe United are repeating the exact same mistakes as previous years. No lessons learned, not proper improvement in our league standing, imo. Going to be a struggle for 4th.

Think Herrera will make a big difference compared to last year. Him partnering an on form Carrick or a fully fit fletcher wouldnt be the end of the world.
    Strootman will be signed in January.

Its defenders that id be concerned about at this moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,422 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think Herrera will make a big difference compared to last year. Him partnering an on form Carrick or a fully fit fletcher wouldnt be the end of the world.
    Strootman will be signed in January.

Its defenders that id be concerned about at this moment.

So a Carrick, who will miss the start of the season, we haven't seen in a year and a Fletcher we haven't seen in 3 years. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement