Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

United Report ‏@UtdReport
    Napoli's president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms interest in Marouane Fellaini. [via @SkySportsPeteO]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

One Italian paper saying Napoli are willing to swap Dries Mertens in order to get Fellaini. We can only but hope as Mertens is a quality winger. However, extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's gas that the sceptics are still claiming that there's not a shred of truth to the Vidal story.

He's signing...it's happening.

At what point will people accept that betting being suspended, Vidal being 11/5 to stay at Juve and the Twitter/Chilean media/Italian media stories all point to one thing.

The signing that we have needed for years is about to happen.

I`ll have a bet with you.

If he signs this window I wont post on the soccer forum for a month, from the day he signs. If he doesnt sign you dont post on it for a month after the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheDoc wrote: »

I do think Bet Victor suspending a market is a serious enough claim to make. I'm not sure of a potential alterior motive, but them suspending a market like this would only be done after analysis that indicates they stand to lose money on payouts against money taken in should he stay.

Or they look at a specific market and see that there isn't huge amounts of activity on it any more, and less so the margin of profit on any potential takings if their probability does hold true.

They then look at the amount of the wider public interest in the event and its outcome, and decide that by making a definitive statement on its outcome, such as suspending betting due to an impending official announcement (in favour of the outcome which would be viewed with the most positivity), that they are going to be widely publicised - be it through social media or web articles and thus getting free advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One Italian paper saying Napoli are willing to swap Dries Mertens in order to get Fellaini. We can only but hope as Mertens is a quality winger. However, extremely unlikely.

I only hope Felliani goes if we have cover. With Carrick injured and Cleverly constantly pants, we will be a bit short there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

adox wrote: »

If he signs this window I wont post on the soccer forum for a month. If he doesnt sign you dont post on it for a month after the window closes.

Book marked for bannings if both parties agree. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Never really liked adox anyway :pac:

Come on Vidal!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Book marked for bannings if both parties agree. :cool:

Would a ban not go against them if they were to be banned again for something against site rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Or they look at a specific market and see that there isn't huge amounts of activity on it any more, and less so the margin of profit on any potential takings if their probability does hold true.

They then look at the amount of the wider public interest in the event and its outcome, and decide that by making a definitive statement on its outcome, such as suspending betting due to an impending official announcement (the outcome which would be viewed with the most positivity), that they are going to be widely publicised - be it through social media or web articles and thus getting free advertising.

I don't know, by making this statement they could convince those that maybe are gullible to making early assumptions on trasnfers, lumping massive money on a player moving, with a rival bookmaker.

Like I for example, am circulating over hte confirmation button on Vidal to move to us, with a rival bookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The gauntlet has been laid down.

550w_showbiz_ds_icon_john_anderson_01.jpg

• Advertisement

If he signs this window I wont post on the soccer forum for a month, from the day he signs. If he doesnt sign you dont post on it for a month after the window closes.

Thats-a-bold.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really hoping the exit of Fellaini is on the back of good news with another CM coming in.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Would a ban not go against them if they were to be banned again for something against site rules?

Nah we can just "remove access" wouldnt show up as a ban.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really hoping the exit of Fellaini is on the back of good news with another CM coming in.....

Ive a feeling no one is coming in even if he goes. Ive got used to being disappointed over the last years transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@skysportsamy

Sources: Southampton are interested in signing Javier Hernandez from Manchester United

@spysportsamy

Sources: Southampton are interested in signing Javier Hernandez from Manchester United

Lies.

My Sources: Southampton are interested in signing footballers from anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not going to lie Adox, but I hope you have a lovely month long holiday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes not a number 7. Not that Michael Owen was but it should not go to him.

That being said its just a number in the end I guess

Hmmmm....Was Bryan Robson a number 7?

Id like him to move but to not to another Prem team. Can see him at A.Madrid myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Should be his two and a quarter months to your one if he's so confident that the odds are meaningful #justsaying

• Advertisement

@skysportsamy

Nah it's all a ploy by Liverpool, they know we won't sell to them so they're waving a cool £5 million profit in front of Southampton to buy and immediately sell to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Nah it's all a ploy by Liverpool, they know we won't sell to them so they're waving a cool £5 million profit in front of Southampton to buy and immediately sell to them.

Nah its because Barcelona paid for Suarez in Southampton vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Peter Spencer @PeterSpencerMEN

hate mentioning vidal..but we're working on reports liverpool bid to hijack utd .

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn!

TheDoc wrote: »
    I don't know, by making this statement they could convince those that maybe are gullible to making early assumptions on trasnfers, lumping massive money on a player moving, with a rival bookmaker.

Like I for example, am circulating over hte confirmation button on Vidal to move to us, with a rival bookie.

Yeah I'm just very sceptical whenever a bookie tries to be the one to break news first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Tried reading an article from Holland about the Vidal story, the translation by Google was too funny!
    through his agent Fernando Felicevich, the company could announce his desire to marry Juventus at Old Trafford.

You heard it here first people! Vidal will pop the question and marry Juventus. The wedding will take place in Old Trafford to rub salt into the wounds of fans who wanted him to join!

J. Marston wrote: »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hahahahahaa.

Oh, wow. I really needed that one. Could you imagine Vidal playing for Liverpool? Here, Stevie G, pass the ball there good lad. Hah. That's cheered me up.

J. Marston wrote: »

No chance – out of their league

“So your role will be to basically play second fiddle to Stevie Gerrard and start maybe the odd Capital One Cup game when he feels he needs an ego boost. Here’s £350k a week which will take us about 2 home gates to recoup”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Tried reading an article from Holland about the Vidal story, the translation by Google was too funny!

You heard it here first people! Vidal will pop the question and marry Juventus. The wedding will take place in Old Trafford to rub salt into the wounds of fans who wanted him to join!

Pogba will wed them to add the final nail in the coffin for us ha

And just to stir the shít pot further...
    "hate mentioning vidal..but we're working on reports liverpool bid to hijack utd."

w7hcwj.jpg

Edit: Doh, J.Marston beat me to it, but still, Lahey stays!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ericzeking wrote: »
    Hmmmm....Was Bryan Robson a number 7?

yes and so too Valencia, the worst united player ever to wear no7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think it's absolute madness to doubt that Liverpool couldn't challenge us for Vidal. Immense history, superb manager, excellent season last year where they hammered most teams by several goals.

I said previously that I can't see Vidal signing for the likes of City, PSG or Chelsea, but could see Liverpool as a bonefide option.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think it's absolute madness to doubt that Liverpool couldn't challenge us for Vidal. Immense history, superb manager, excellent season last year where they hammered most teams by several goals.

I said previously that I can't see Vidal signing for the likes of City, PSG or Chelsea, but could see Liverpool as a bonefish option.

That's enough Internet for you today my friend. Vidal will never sign for Liverpool. One season does not a club make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I said previously that I can't see Vidal signing for the likes of City, PSG or Chelsea, but could see Liverpool as a bonefish option.
    If he goes to Liverpool I will personally go over and bate the head off of Ed Woodward :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It's not that far a stretch of the imagination. Only the wages would be a stickling point for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

What about left over wages from Suarez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

bangkok wrote: »
    yes and so too Valencia, the worst united player ever to wear no7

Straight over your head

MagicIRL wrote: »
    That's enough Internet for you today my friend. Vidal will never sign for Liverpool. One season does not a club make.

They've had more than one season, its ridiculous to rule them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I don't want to hear that!

Joey-not-listening.gif

Ha seriously though, yeah I agree Liverpool are a big club with a massive appeal to players. History, quality team, money, and Champions League football will no doubt attract top players. It's silly for any of us to think otherwise.

But I don't mind if we get Vidal or not, I just don't want to see Liverpool get him ha. My Liverpool friends will never let me hear the end of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Vidal to Liverpool you say?

LVG OUT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ericzeking wrote: »
    Straight over your head

no I know what he meant I was just adding though that Valencia also got the number

• Advertisement

fitze69 wrote: »
    What about left over wages from Suarez?

£3.50 and a leg of lamb / shoulder of pork every other week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They won't sign Vidal, since they simply can't fathom life without Steven Gerrard.

It's worth remembering that a lot of today's players havn't experienced Liverpool winning a title, or rarely challenging for one, in their lifetime.

That's not a dig at Liverpool, but while players might know about Liverpool winning things in the past, they have probably seen United doing it in the present.

It's a very unlikely avenue. I think it's also something worth noting that in modern times, while Liverpool have had some big players, they have mostly gone onto other things, and rarely stayed for lengthy amounts of time. In terms of foreign imports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I agree to your terms, with the caveat that the winner can choose not to enforce the absence (i.e. Vidal signs and I can "let you back in").

I agree to your terms, with the caveat that the winner can choose not to enforce the absence (i.e. Vidal signs and I can "let you back in").

Pointless bet in that case.... Booooourns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Theres no place for mercy in this thread.

That defeats the entire purpose! You lose, you're gone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nail on head. One season does not a club make. Liverpool have an almost unrivalled history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Larry just wants Adox to be so happy we signed Vidal that he doesn't enforce it! :pac: :p

Nail on head. One season does not a club make. Liverpool have an almost unrivalled history.

A history they haven't relived since the Premier League's inception! Anyway, this is the United thread so that's all the Liverpool talk from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

A history they haven't relived since the Premier League's inception! Anyway, this is the United thread so that's all the Liverpool talk from me.

Leeds Utd have a fairly good history as well , wonder if Vidal would be interested in playing for them...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement