Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    In terms of who we are after, we are keeping things tight to the chest. I've no doubt enquiries are being made. For all we know there is a few lined up ready to go, as backups for maybe a prioirty target falling through.

Enquiries are being made, bids are being prepared, the positions have been identified. Gods this is all so depressingly familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

The wait is over! Vidal's switch to Man Utd confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Valmont wrote: »

Will believe it when confirmed.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That article says nothing new from previous reports. Until Arturo is hugging Fred the Red I won't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LOL. Ronaldo, Miranda, Strootman and Di Maria too if you believe them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

If it's not on the official site I wont believe a thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't know if this has been posted in here.

i lol'd.

Bt9BWGdIgAAGN6v.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Came in to look at any news on vidal seem to have gone back in time with talking about beckham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't know if this has been posted in here.

i lol'd.

Bt9BWGdIgAAGN6v.jpg:large

Think this was posted the other day, and it was acknowledged to be lifted from Red cafe if i am not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sickric the closet Utd fan. Always knew it

Hanging out on redcafe all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Headshot wrote: »
    Sickric the closet Utd fan. Always knew it

Hanging out on redcafe all the time

or following Gary Lineker on Twitter.

believe what you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SlickRic wrote: »
    or following Gary Lineker on Twitter.

believe what you want!

Thats worse. You should of just admitted to be a utd fan lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Lads, does anyone know where i'll find a copy of the "How am i doing boss?" pic of Brendan rodgers?

Having a slagging match and this could be the clincher! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone know where i'll find a copy of the "How am i doing boss?" pic of Brendan rodgers?

bJxzQAm.jpg

Fishyfreak wrote: »

http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&goto=3875360&rid=0&S=fd0564da13090fc48d20f0063df18892#msg_3875360

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28609402

Wegner saying Vermaelen may leave. Also says he is injured at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just read an article on the Guardian, I didnt realize Jonny Evans was only 26, I thought he was older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just read an article on the Guardian, I didnt realize Jonny Evans was only 26, I thought he was older.

Ya easy mistake considering how slow he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

marvsins wrote: »

Ah here..

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Ah here..

I think hes a very under rated player, over the last 3 seasons hes improved alot and if he starts playing with a regular partner(s) he will continue to do well. At 26 hes got another 6 seasons in him at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

johnny evans is a very good player and probably our no1 defender now, don't see how some lads don't rate him

mats hummels is 25 and would be the quickest either

simpsons_movie_M_070726094913392_wideweb__300x253.jpg

Get him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Evans could well become a good filter for whose opinions to dismiss out of hand over the coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Evans could well become a good filter for whose opinions to dismiss out of hand over the coming season.

Absolutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It's hard to praise Jonny Evans because he's always seemed to play his best stuff alongside a senior player, at the rate United are going now he'll be the more experienced of the two CBs so we'll see how good he's rated then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

After a very successful night last night, this thread has become unbearable to read today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭weisses

beakerjoe wrote: »
    simpsons_movie_M_070726094913392_wideweb__300x253.jpg

Get him!

Who ????

Ohhhhhh

gifs-animados-nombre-vidal-firma-animada-0545.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

After a very successful night last night, this thread has become unbearable to read today.

Because+without+the+bitter+baby+the+sweet+ain't+as+sweet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Bt9WAQhIgAAf5EL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Evans is a good player and should easily be in the starting 3 centre backs but we need to buy 2 to partner him and have Smalling and Jones as fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I'm going home - nothing going to happen on the transfer front for the next 4 weeks. Until then its

De Gea

Valencia
    Jones
    Evra
    Smalling
    Shaw/Young

Fletcher
    Herrara

Mata

Rooney
    RVP/Zaha

Yippee

Swansea / Burnley / QPR et al must be rattling

Coat22 wrote: »
    I'm going home - nothing going to happen on the transfer front for the next 4 weeks. Until then its

De Gea

Valencia
    Jones
    Evra
    Smalling
    Shaw/Young

Fletcher
    Herrara

Mata

Rooney
    RVP/Zaha

Yippee

yes I would say so, we have the best striker in the league in van persie, one of the best players in rooney, a little genius called mata, a very gifted midfielder in Herrera, the best goalkeeper in the league and maybe the best manager....

oh and evra is gone to Juventus in case you weren't around :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Evans could kick on under LVG. I was very impressed with what the manager did with the Dutch defenders in the WC, so if he rates Evans and wants to work with him then that's good enough for me.

But Evans definitely does need to kick on now if he's going to be good enough for the top level. He got a lot of regular starts in settled defences over the last few years and he was still fúcking up regularly. He has been atrocious at defending high balls and he needs to fix that now.

De Gea

Valencia
    Jones
    Evra
    Smalling
    Shaw/Young

Fletcher
    Herrara

Mata

Rooney
    RVP/Zaha

Yippee

Welbeck will be in there as Januazi

That may be the case alright
    Though if he is headed to the preseason tour on Monday he must have been cleared by Juve to go, and judging him on friendly games where his intensity will probably be way below his norm isn't much to go on if they are worried about his knee.

The United staff won't need to judge him in friendlies. They can wait to make a bid until the end of the summer and then give him a medical. So by that time his knee would have had the best chance of healing and they can make the most informed decision. Although there's the risk that somebody else will sign him, but maybe they think there's more of a risk that Vidal is crocked.

dahat wrote: »
    There is no way it is rumbling on this long without any interest from Utd, no journo has asked LVG himself about Vidal which given the media and Twitter mess over it seems pretty odd to me.

Look at what happened with the Garay gossip. All the links to United stemmed from one Portuguese newspaper and Garay himself (making shapes on twitter) and that rumbled on for over a season. When a player/agent decides to pretend United are in for them, they can make it run for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jan Aage Fjortoft contacted people at Dortmund regarding latest Hummels rumours, more nonsense, so as you were.

Amount of papers-papers just making stuff up is the same as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pro. F wrote: »
    Although there's the risk that somebody else will sign him, but maybe they think there's more of a risk that Vidal is crocked.

That last part would be something that would worry me. We've seen with Hargreaves how frustrating it is when a player who is bought for a large amount isn't able to fulfil their full potential due to injury.

And the way Chile used Vidal over the course of the WC suggested to me he was really struggling at times. They took him off in nearly every game and played him much higher up the field (possibly to limit his workload - or perhaps just tactical). If he was a lesser player, I don't think he'd have been playing.

If we're to spend up to 45m on a player he's going to have to be close to 100% or we'll be in a world of hurt when he breaks down or needs an op.

Schmeichel

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Irwin

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Cantona
    van Nistelrooy

my best utd team of players I have actually seen....

imagine lining up with that team to start the league..quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Does that mean Christy is coming home?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

De Gea

Valencia
    Jones
    Evra
    Smalling
    Shaw/Young

Fletcher
    Herrara

Mata

Rooney
    RVP/Zaha

Yippee

I'd be shocked if they're not. Last season (under Moyes) we managed the league double over Swansea and the other 2 are newly promoted.
    With just the 2 signings that is a better team than last season (with a better manager). Not good enough to be challenging for the league but definitely good enough to be steam rolling the fodder.

bangkok wrote: »

Schmeichel

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Irwin

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Cantona
    van Nistelrooy

Tough one between Jaap and Ferdinand for me, but can't fault it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Schmeichel

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Irwin

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Cantona
    van Nistelrooy

Ronaldo is the only one close to thirty and fit enough the rest are 40+...
    Even cleverly would get into that team for the first 4 matches of the season

facepalm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

brinty wrote: »

facepalm!!!

Keane would still boss most games though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

brinty wrote: »

facepalm!!!

Vidic is only 32.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Schmeichel

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Irwin

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Cantona
    van Nistelrooy

ryan-giggs-136389634038410401-140425171038.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You can't deny that after all the hope and expectation of finally fixing our problems this summer, to settle for just being good enough to get through the first six game is very disappointing.

I guess then it's maybe a case of me not raising my expectations to crazy levels? I mean, Shaw and Herrera achieved my minimum expectations; anything after is a bonus for me. And I've always said that I am happy to give them the whole window when it comes to achieving what they want in terms of transfers.

And I never meant to imply we were "just (...) good enough to get through the first six games"; I think the first team you listed will more than easily dominate all six games. That team you listed, combined with players back from injury and whoever else LVG brings in, should easily be challenging for top 4 this season.

The problem is that they are not nearly enough. Go back to March/April and a lot of the discussion was about the five/six players we needed to sign this summer, we only have two, and thats not even getting into the number of players who have left the club.

Most people (even the most negative) were saying it was needed but shouldn't be expected; that to bring in 5 first teamers in one summer would be very difficult. We've already signed 2. I do think we'll see at least a 3rd and possibly a 4th before the window closes.

As for people gone, I genuinely only think we lost one player who should be near our first team (Vidic); after that, we've lost a lot of older, declining players and young players who were never big parts of the plans. We've really not lost anything, pitch-side wise and other than Vidic, that is going to be a massive loss.
    But LVG is doing the same things Moyes did, we are just applying the same standards.

But he's not! He's already brought in 2 new first teamers. He's preforming very well in pre-season against far tougher teams than Moyes did last season (Moyes had managed 2 1-0 wins and a draw against **** Asian teams). He's talking like a United manager far more than Moyes ever did, and is already asserting his authority.

If we're judging Moyes and LVG by the same standards, then LVG has already surpassed Moyes in relation to where they both were at the same stages of their run as United manager.

I'd imagine so. Are you really trying to argue that team can't dispose of 2 newly promoted teams, and a team even David Moyes trounced last year? Wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

ryan-giggs-136389634038410401-140425171038.jpg

Yep throw Ronaldo up front with Cantona and Giggs on the wing. Terrifying!

• Advertisement

Taok wrote: »
    Yep throw Ronaldo up front with Cantona and Giggs on the wing. Terrifying!

Think I'd prefer the idea of Beckham supplying for Ronaldo et all, over Giggs..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement