Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

bangkok wrote: »

Schmeichel

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Irwin

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Cantona
    van Nistelrooy

my best utd team of players I have actually seen....

imagine lining up with that team to start the league..quality

What - no Captain Marvel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Been away from the page much of the day, what have I missed?

Anything new on the transfer front or is it the same old ****e rumours still being printed by the papers?

The latest smell of a nugget of information on the Vidalemma is that as Juve fans approached him eariler at the team hotel and said "Stay with us, Arturo", he just smiled and stayed silent.

Big prick tease!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Adamocovic wrote: »

Anything new on the transfer front or is it the same old ****e rumours still being printed by the papers?

Don't mean to sound grumpy but honestly this is asked way to much on here. You can be sure if United agreed a deal to sign someone you'd have heard about it before you got back to read this thread. It'd be everywhere on the net and all over the radio and news stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Adamocovic wrote: »

Too lazy to read a few posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dahat wrote: »
    Too lazy to read a few posts?

do you blame him? its all a bit meshy moshy beckham, vidal and

32a7858ae91777ea25f3688c076e740281aa2d316ecfe8e020d9769ddbf45620.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think any hope we had of getting Vidal is fading away and fading away quickly - another 5 days without a quality world class signing and we will have entered last years mess officially, if we are signing players with 10 days to go (Panic buying time) to PL KO then Woodward should be relieved of his duty's before the Jan window... its not only hurting of potential for success next year but making an embarrassment of the club as a whole.

Its fine to bring in mula from sponsorship but the team is suffering and eventually it will come home to roost with our sponsors leaving an on-pitch average mid-table side... so fcuking sick of the messing around now from supposingly the biggest club in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Think I'd prefer the idea of Beckham supplying for Ronaldo et all, over Giggs..

Missed a comma there:

Ronaldo up front with Cantona, and Giggs on the wing. Beckham on the other wing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

irishfeen wrote: »
    I think any hope we had of getting Vidal is fading away and fading away quickly - another 5 days without a quality world class signing and we will have entered last years mess officially, if we are signing players with 10 days to go (Panic buying time) to PL KO then Woodward should be relieved of his duty's before the Jan window... its not only hurting of potential for success next year but making an embarrassment of the club as a whole.

Its fine to bring in mula from sponsorship but the team is suffering and eventually it will come home to roost with our sponsors leaving an on-pitch average mid-table side... so fcuking sick of the messing around now from supposingly the biggest club in the world.
    Yeah, I'm starting to panic now. If we don't make at least 2 quality signings ready for the first team in the next 2 weeks I think we will have a real fight on our hands for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Wenher has said it is possible Vermalen May leave so you have to assume something is in the offing there, strange thing to say otherwise.

Not saying he is Utd bound but looks to be leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Wenher has said it is possible Vermalen May leave so you have to assume something is in the offing there, strange thing to say otherwise.

Not saying he is Utd bound but looks to be leaving.

He also said he's injured. We'd be idiots to sign an injury prone defender who is currently injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

First English journalist to say we're interested?
    United Report ‏@UtdReport 21m
    Manchester United are working hard on a deal for Arturo Vidal whilst also in the market for defenders. [@SkySportsPeteO]

Yeah, I'm starting to panic now. If we don't make at least 2 quality signings ready for the first team in the next 2 weeks I think we will have a real fight on our hands for 4th.
    I think at the minute even with LVG 4th is beyond us - Liverpool even without Suarez will finish above us... 5th with the current squad is about what we should expect.

Chelsea & City have now pulled away into the distance from us and Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs are all probably ahead now. Without at least 3 quality players we will struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

First English journalist to say we're interested?

It would be one of Sky's top stories if they were reporting that.

He's just basing that from other reports imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its okay though, some guy from JP somethingorother said we're getting Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I agree, I really don't think this transfer window has been a success (so far), we got two players that nobody else was really in for, while all the teams around us have significantly strengthened. I think that Herrera and shaw will do well but we need more top quality players, if we could manage to pull off vidal and Hummels that would be ideal, we need that class of player imo.

Kagawa wrote: »
    I agree, I really don't think this transfer window has been a success (so far), we got two players that nobody else was really in for, while all the teams around us have significantly strengthened. I think that Herrera and shaw will do well but we need more top quality players, if we could manage to pull off vidal and Hummels that would be ideal, we need that class of player imo.
    This, very much this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Someone could have asked him, "is there a possibility that Vermaelen will leave?"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If anyone can't wait til tomorrow.

Here's a link to the Milk cup final.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28441821

And here's the team.

Henderson; Reid, Tuanzebe, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson; Gribbin, Thompson, Borg; Dearnley, Obi, Mitchell

A few trialists are in there (Borg and Obi are two)

Jordan Thompson is the one who's done very well in CM so far from what i've read.

Match is 20:15 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think anyone would be happy if our business was done now because we've probably not improved on paper from this time last year, but Ed's whole "watch this space" spiel and Van Gaal saying they must sign players to improve, players must be on the way in

Maybe they think the current squad is okay for the first few games so there's no rush on assessing a lot of injured possible targets, Vermaelen, Strootman, Vidal

I think there's too much smoke with Vidal for their not to be some kind of interest from United, if we assume there is interest then a fee and wages wouldn't be holding up negotiations and the only other reason you could argue like others have said is that they would be worried about his knee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Maybe they think the current squad is okay for the first few games

Haven't really thought about this in terms of transfers, but our easy (well as easy as possible) fixture list could help with bedding in new players in less difficult games. Although, you can't take any game for granted in the Premier League and every point is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Does anyone know whether there will be a youtube live stream for the Real Madrid game tomorrow like there was for the inter game???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lads did someone say there was a regular fantasy football league for our forum? Someone pass me the deets please <3

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Lads did someone say there was a regular fantasy football league for our forum? Someone pass me the deets please <3
    There is a pay league (10 euro) and a free league...

yermandan organising the pay one... only 6 of us in the pay league yet, surely more want to join?

There is a pay league (10 euro) and a free league...

yermandan organising the pay one...

Pay league? Details?

Sorted, pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

I'm interested in the pay league... not up for the paid league yet.
    How do I get the code?
    Thanks

dahat wrote: »
    Pay league? Details?

Sorted, pm sent
    How do I get the code?
    Thanks
    Poster called yermandan running it... he posted a big write up a while ago, im sure he will be around soon or else PM him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Kagawa wrote: »

Spurs and Southampton have not improved this year!

Spurs and Southampton have not improved this year!
    We haven't much either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I suspect we've improved enormously compared to last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

How do I get the code?
    Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91529931&postcount=3539

The fantasy sports forum also has an excellently run pay league running with plenty of entrants and cash prizes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057250999

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Hererra, Shaw and van Gaal have all joined this summer. The only useful player to leave was Vidic. Stop being stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,611 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I think at the minute even with LVG 4th is beyond us - Liverpool even without Suarez will finish above us...

:rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Ronaldo ruled out of #mufc fixture on grounds of fitness. #mutour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't doubt that we will make signings, but I highly doubt that they will be the ones we crave, i.e. Vidal or Hummels.

I still think we'll make top 4 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Were you not the eternally optimistic poster during Moyes' reign last year? Or do I have the wrong poster?

Taok wrote: »
    I suspect we've improved enormously compared to last season
    Well now that wouldn't be hard would it.. 5th would be an enormous improvement.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Hererra, Shaw and van Gaal have all joined this summer. The only useful player to leave was Vidic. Stop being stupid.
    Yep very good but we'll hardly be winning the Champions League next year with just Shaw and Hererra... we'll call a spade a spade here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yep very good but we'll hardly be winning the Champions League next year with just Shaw and Hererra... we'll call a spade a spade here.

Ehhhh.......

Were you not the eternally optimistic poster during Moyes' reign last year? Or do I have the wrong poster?
    Ya but my positivity was always based on spending like a club of our size should in the transfer market..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah, so you're going for the old 1-1 formation?

Shaw

Herrera

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

YAGpXPd.png

Why are you insisting on using stupid arguments for this discussion?

Ya but my positivity was always based on spending like a club of our size should in the transfer market..

Ah, here's the explanation. You're carrying on the defence of Moyes. Your posts make sense now.

Ah, so you're going for the old 1-1 formation?

Shaw

Herrera

What the fcuk you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What the fcuk you on about?

Sorry, my joke must have been too cerebral.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah, here's the explanation. You're carrying on the defence of Moyes. Your posts make sense now.
    Now explain that one like a good man.. I supported Moyes because the team was inept ... With this team I will support LVG every day of the week too... Teams across Europe have been strengthening year on year while we have stood still.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now explain that one like a good man.. I supported Moyes because the team was inept ... With this team I will support LVG every day of the week too... Teams across Europe have been strengthening year on year while we have stood still.

Do you think we won't sign anyone before we're playing CL football again then? Cause that's what it feels like you're arguing :S

Should also be taken into consideration that players quute possibly jacked it in for Moyes last season.

Getting Van Gaal in make a big difference with the player's attitude and effort when the **** hits the fan in certain games. Add in Shaw and Herrera and I think we can make Top 4 as is.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do you think we won't sign anyone before we're playing CL football again then? Cause that's what it feels like you're arguing :S
    I fully expect signings before the window closes but I'm actually starting to worry that we might not ... If we don't sign anyone then there has to be problems IMO with the clubs hiarchy releasing funds for players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement