Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you're not sure if it's legal, end the discussion right now.

As is, I'll be checking the legality cause you should all know better than to start talking about legally-grey streams. There's a link to an offical stream to pay for, and after that, I'd be thinking that "free" ones are dodgy ground, so avoid it
    Hey Lord TSC totally understand where you are coming from but it would be only fair to add that the European court of Justice in 2011 ruled that any one of us can legally buy a foreign subscription/card from any EU country legally as long as it is not for public broadcast (must be at home) - I know it must be hard to balance the discussion but fans knowing the fact could save themselves an awful lot of mula totally above board is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sent a couple of pm s out there if you cant find any of the stuff if im still around and not out on the beer ill help :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

CODEWORD: BISCUIT TIN.

I REPEAT, THE CODEWORD IS BISCUIT TIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you're not sure if it's legal, end the discussion right now.

As is, I'll be checking the legality cause you should all know better than to start talking about legally-grey streams. There's a link to an offical stream to pay for, and after that, I'd be thinking that "free" ones are dodgy ground, so avoid it

I'll just add that any streams on youtube are okay to talk about. Youtube was mentioned specifically as being okay for discussion in the boards announcements about illegal streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

irishfeen wrote: »
    Hey Lord TSC totally understand where you are coming from but it would be only fair to add that the European court of Justice in 2011 ruled that any one of us can legally buy a foreign subscription/card from any EU country legally as long as it is not for public broadcast (must be at home) - I know it must be hard to balance the discussion but fans knowing the fact could save themselves an awful lot of mula totally above board is a good thing.

Mod Post: Going to have to play the bad guy here and insist that all stream talk takes place off of Boards unless the go ahead is given by an admin or higher.

It is a grey area and a request has been made of Boards .ie to not to allow, amongst other things, the publishing of streams in the forum and the sharing of Stream information using the PM system.

I am not contesting the fact that there are some legal streams, but even with legal stream sites there are copyright issues with regards to the content being shown in certain countries.

Youtube there is no problem with as Youtube have their own revenue sharing system in place and they are responsible for the monitoring of all the content on their site. Sites like official club sites are also fine as long as they explicity list Ireland as being one of the countries they are licenced to broadcast content in.

Basically this site has to err on the side of caution, and if that means no stream chat (other than in the angling forum) then that is what we all have to abide to if we wish to use this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

adox wrote: »
    Reminder it can be bought and streamed for €2 at
    Also supports airplay for Apple products so can be streamed to your tv with the right equipment.

Splashed out myself there. Still always a bit afraid there will be conditions hidden somewhere tying me to a 12 month contract ha.

Still though €2 is very good for watching the match in good quality and english commentating. Don't get why people would complain about paying to watch it.

It would cost more to buy a pint! And the pint won't last as long ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Question, have Boards access to Pm? Should we be notified when or if the Boards hierarchy access the pm of a user?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

VIDIC SCORED :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

dahat wrote: »
    Question, have Boards access to Pm? Should we be notified when or if the Boards hierarchy access the pm of a user?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The admin will have access to PMs. It's often discussed during disputes and bannings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Splashed out myself there. Still always a bit afraid there will be conditions hidden somewhere tying me to a 12 month contract ha.

Still though €2 is very good for watching the match in good quality and english commentating. Don't get why people would complain about paying to watch it.

It would cost more to buy a pint! And the pint won't last as long ha

Exactly! €5.50 for a pint and you're going to get 2 at a minimum per match at the pub or go look for a hit or miss stream. Streams work properly 90% of the time but that 10% when it cuts out constantly drives me insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I find it very weird we can post gifs of goals with sky/bt/nbc logos clearly visible but can't talk about streams.

Mod Post: Yes they have access to PMs. But Data Protection laws apply with regard to publishing and use of any PM. So if for example the gardai requested to see the PMs of a poster, then the site would have to comply.

Admin having access to PMs for DRP use comes about when a party involved in a DRP dispute forwards his or her own PMs to that admin. The admin does not have access to the PMs until that point.

If you have further questions, please take it to the feedback forum so that you can get an answer from an Admin, or better yet use the below link to ask the question directly of someone better positioned to answer you than any mod can.

http://www.boards.ie/contact .

Back to footy methinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If I could pay 2 euro to watch every individual united match I'd be delighted with that. No commitments and no 50 euro a month subscriptions

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I find it very weird we can post gifs of goals with sky/bt/nbc logos clearly visible but can't talk about streams.

Mod Post: Actually that is something that we have asked posters to stop doing for the very reason that it is copyrighted material and posting a gif of a goal from a match that is still in play can potentially get the site into hot water afaik. Some slip through the net (pun not intended) as we cannot check every single post in the forum, but it can be expected that come the new season we will be reminding posters again about it.

Really going to have to ask folks to take the questions elsewhere though, because it is going to eat into the thread something rotten.

Please use the feedback forum or the link I provided in post #4064 if there are questions with regard to the site or it's policies with regard to copyrighted material, streams etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That "Big House" stadium is something else. Hard to believe there's going to be over 100,000 at the game and for most, if not all the players, will be the biggest crowd they ever play in front of.

Shame the pitch isn't great though, which I'm sure will have an effect on the quality of the game.

Has anyone heard anything about the line up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I thought KESS 73 was a Scouxer.

Oops!

adox wrote: »
    That "Big House" stadium is something else. Hard to believe there's going to be over 100,000 at the game and for most, if not all the players, will be the biggest crowd they ever play in front of.

Shame the pitch isn't great though, which I'm sure will have an effect on the quality of the game.

Going to be something else when its full!

BuDPGI6CcAAH4sy.jpg

Yeah wasn't the pitch only laid down there on wednesday or something? Rooney and VG both admitted it wasn't exactly in great condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Has anyone heard anything about the line up yet?

Seen rumours of Fletcher potentially playing in defence with Keane and Evans. Thats about it.

If thats true, I'd hazard a guess as..

De Gea

Fletcher, Keane, Evans
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Herrera---Cleverley

Mata

Rooney---Welbeck

• Advertisement

Zico wrote: »
    I thought KESS 73 was a Scouxer.

Oops!

Careful, my curly hair might be catching. :)

Seen rumours of Fletcher potentially playing in defence with Keane and Evans. Thats about it.

De Gea

Fletcher, Keane, Evans
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Herrera---Cleverley

Mata

Rooney---Welbeck

No disrespect to Fletchers defensive capabilities but I wouldn't be too confident with him in the centre ha. I hope Jones, Evans and Keane start.

De Gea

Fletcher, Keane, Evans
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Herrera---Cleverley

Mata

Rooney---Welbeck

Just shows how utterly short at the back Utd are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I find it crazy the way stadiums in the US are so open to the elements. And their football goes on for ages and they get crazy weather. Harsh on the fans.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Careful, my curly hair might be catching. :)

You're doing nothing to deny my conspiracy theory.

He's a SCOUxer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Is kick off 9.06 our time?

Looks like inter is going to win and take 3 points. How does this affect our game, like what do we have to do to get to the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Think we qualified once either team won in the 90 minutes, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

thelad95 wrote: »
    Is kick off 9.06 our time?

Yes m8 9.06 BST
    Looks like inter is going to win and take 3 points. How does this affect our game, like what do we have to do to get to the final

We still need a draw at the least

• Advertisement

Zico wrote: »
    You're doing nothing to deny my conspiracy theory.

He's a SCOUxer!!

I'm from Liverpool and now living in Ireland if that helps any CTs folks may wish to form. :)

I'm eight foot tall, shoot lightning bolts out of my arse, and eat small children.

But now it really sucks to be you because conversing with me for this long now means that not only will you develop very curly hair, you are also going to grow a tache and develop a love for shellsuits.

Don't believe me?

Here is a group shot of the last bunch of Man U superthread regulars who spoke to me for too long.

scousers.jpg

Now I'll let the good folk of the thread back to their usual business before pitchforks and lit torches get gathered in my honour :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Basically this site has to err on the side of caution, and if that means no stream chat (other than in the angling forum) then that is what we all have to abide to if we wish to use this forum.

Can't believe I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out why it would be ok to discuss streams in the angling forum, and nowhere else on the site....

I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pro. F wrote: »
    I find it crazy the way stadiums in the US are so open to the elements. And their football goes on for ages and they get crazy weather. Harsh on the fans.

Yep, sheltered seating just seems to have been a concept which passed them by, its either build an open stadium or an indoor one.

Would help massively for all extremes of weather, maybe Miami teams would finally get some spectators if they built a roof for the seats :pac:

Pro. F wrote: »

I think roughly 20-23 out of the 31 NFL stadiums are open roofed. A lot of factors before they make the decision. I think the main factors are money, capacity, other uses (i.e concerts etc) and of course weather.

Open roof stadiums were the common stadiums in American culture when starting so it just seemed to continue for the most part. Some are starting to bring in roofs but when they do they seem to all favour either a dome or retractable roof. Both are significantly more expensive to do and a challenge on the engineering side.

Think I'm going off topic here though ha. Still they are some sight when full.

Hopefully the crowd today in the match are very lively and we get a great atmosphere. Been looking forward to us playing Madrid for ages!

Also Inter are winning 2-0 so doesn't that mean we have to win now to get through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Think we qualified once either team won in the 90 minutes, no?

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 4m
    Inter Milan currently beating Roma 2-0 in @IntChampionsCup, so Man Utd have to avoid defeat against Real Madrid to reach final.

Also Inter are winning 2-0 so doesn't that mean we have to win now to get through?

I think because we beat them already a draw will see us through

• Advertisement

I'm from Liverpool and now living in Ireland if that helps any CTs folks may wish to form. :)

I'm eight foot tall, shoot lightning bolts out of my arse, and eat small children.

But now it really sucks to be you because conversing with me for this long now means that not only will you develop very curly hair, you are also going to grow a tache and develop a love for shellsuits.

Don't believe me?

You stink of Scouse.

Scouse is Scandinavian stew of course.

There's no insult in that.:D

#mufc vs @realmadrid: De Gea; M Keane, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Herrera, Fletcher, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck. #mutour

wiz569 wrote: »
    I think because we beat them already a draw will see us through

Ill be honest I'm not exactly sure about the progression of this tournament. Does it take into account head to head rather than goal difference?

#mufc vs @realmadrid: De Gea; M Keane, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Herrera, Fletcher, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck. #mutour

Happy to see Keane starting today, question marks about Young but we will see how it goes!

Ill be honest I'm not exactly sure about the progression of this tournament. Does it take into account head to head rather than goal difference?

A team's placing will be based on (a) points earned in the three group matches (3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 for a win by penalty shootout, 1 for a loss by penalty shootout, 0 for a loss in regulation time),(b) head-to-head result, (c) goal differential, (d) goals scored.

Taken from the wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_International_Champions_Cup#Final_ranking

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    A team's placing will be based on (a) points earned in the three group matches (3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 for a win by penalty shootout, 1 for a loss by penalty shootout, 0 for a loss in regulation time),(b) head-to-head result, (c) goal differential, (d) goals scored.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That back line just sums up how badly we need to sign some fcuking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Rumours going around that Ronny is on the bench for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yikes, Real are gonna thump that team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Any sign of a Madrid line up?

BuDjmo1IQAEcgm6.jpg

Going to be the biggest test yet for us! Hopefully we aren't disappointed

Yikes, Real are gonna thump that team

Sorta what was expected thought surely?

Maybe Shaw but apart from that...

Real Madrid XI v Manchester United: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Nacho, Carvajal, Illarramendi, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Bale, Isco.

Subs: Lopez, Jesus, Pacheco, Ronaldo, Llorente, Medran, Lucas, Mascarell, Derik, de Tomas, Sobrino

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement