Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not bad for a "broken" team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I know it's a pre season game. I know. And I know we're not in the Champions League. But.....but....I think LVG can find a way to win it still.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic. I'm a romantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I really hope LVG can master a way to keep Kags and Chico in the squad and happy. Sadly they're probably just too good to be content with squad roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Have we just witnessed Manchester United get its Mojo back? :) delighted with that performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

People can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true

I won't blame Moyes for what happened last season, he had a part to play but when you hear stories of the players not getting behind him as early as last August you can see what he was working with

I don't know why it's being brought up, that book is closed now anyway

It does make it true actually. When a manager cant instil confidence into a team and had dreadful tactics, who else can you blame, the easter bunny?

LVG has done a wonderful job with us already, I actually enjoy watching utd, its been awhile since I said that. I can see a plan forming now and im hopeful of the future. We still need signings that obvious but LVG will transform the team, I have faith.

Moyes was a deer caught in the headlights, didnt have a ****ing clue what he was doing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads it just goes to show how Moyes destroyed this team

And it just shows what a decent manager can do with this squad. The Moyes appointment has to go down as 1 of the worst decisions of all time in terms of managerial jobs. The future is bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Absolutely delighted, :) the mojo is well and truly back, pre season or no, the difference between the Moyes era and LVG's is staggering, Fletcher looks like a new signing, the CB's perform extremely well and we can actually fceking pass the ball and look dangerous with it, I don't know what to do with myself!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Bring on Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bantee wrote: »
    And it just shows what a decent manager can do with this squad. The Moyes appointment has to go down as 1 of the worst decisions of all time in terms of managerial jobs. The future is bright.

The future is Orange

I couldnt resist

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Hococop wrote: »
    I hate having a bash at Moyes but its fairly obvious the moral and confidence was shattered, if he was still in charge I'd dread to think what the results would be

Absolutely, I'll admit to being a Moyes "apologist" last season and was still of the view he needed to be given more time, and was not happy when he was sacked.

However I now see I was blinded by loyalty and a belief that we are not a sacking club and that we give our managers time.

The way Van Gaal has us playing is night and day from what we saw last year (or the last couple of years of Fergie, even though he managed to keep us winning) and is a joy to watch.

I'm not going to get carried away as I know it's only pre season, but what I do know is regardless of results this year I will really enjoy watching us play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Great performance again.

Young was very good and he was one that I had some worries about going into the match.
    Jones was very composed and I am loving it. For so long most of us have wanted him just to play CB and to stop moving him around RB and CM. Hopefully Jones can have a good year in CB.
    Welbeck was playing well until his injury. Hope nothing too serious.
    Keane and Blackett again played very well.

Second half started a bit shaky but once Shaw started attacking down the wing and Kagawa/Lingard/Hernandez came on the momentum swung back to us.

I know it is only preseason but it has been such an improvement in quality of our football so far. Remember last years preseason? Hopefully the team keep making strides and can get off to a good start in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

XpChdb3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Headshot wrote: »

Moyes was a deer caught in the headlights, didnt have a ****ing clue what he was doing there.

Think everyone can agree with that, the man in terms of presence and confidence is a million miles away the likes of Fergie and LVG.

Anyway I hope fans can begin to forget the Moyes era and put it down to a mistake and move on

Moyes seems to be a nice man and a good manager at a certain level, United job was just too big for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Oranje is the new Red.

Think we've taken to this 352 formation quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not to get carried away, but delighted with another 90 mins for Fletch. Another very, very good performance by him, especially in the first half.

Pity it's all completely irrelevant and more evidence he's definitely finished, right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Can't link it as am on the phone but looks like Vidal was left out of Juves tour squad. Seen it on tribal football

Edit

Neither is Pogba maybe just resting them after the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Very composed performance from Fletch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The pre season games have shown how much of a loss Fletcher has been the past few seasons. Before he got sick (especially the 2009/2010 season) he was a tower of strength in midfield. His energy complemented Carricks style of play in great style. Hopefully we can get him back to somewhere near that level.

The speed of our passing in the first half was great. On MUTV last night they were showing a live training session and they were playing a possession game for ages and ages at a serious pace. Could definitely see the fruits of that tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

After that performance and excitment towards the season ahead........

Bring on the GIFs !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

We're going to win all of the things!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

$1,000,000 prize money for the winners of the final on Monday too.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Very composed performance from Fletch.

Ive never wanted to see a player stay fit as much as him now. Hope it all goes well for him. Fingers crossed.

We got our swag back

swgstrt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hate to bring up Vidal but this kind of result could show him last year was a fluke and we seem to be on the up again, I know money talks and there is no saying we are actually in for him (might be all media hype)

And yes I am clutching at straws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Now that LVG has instilled a bit more confidence, does this mean the moaners in here will at least wait until the transfer window is closed before predicting the apocalypse?!

• Advertisement

The pace and movement from what ive seen of this team, to me, there is absolutely no place for Fellaini.
    Dare i say Cleverley might have hope?

Bring on the GIFs !!!

Did somebody say GIFs???

fred-the-red-dancing-at-man-utd-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

What time is the game on here on Monday night?

The pace and movement from what ive seen of this team, to me, there is absolutely no place for Fellaini.

Have to say apart from one pass tonight Cleverley was passing the ball brilliantly. Nice to see him have some confidence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Have to say apart from one pass tonight Cleverley was passing the ball brilliantly. Nice to see him have some confidence again.

I noticed when he didn't win a free he got straight back up no moanin and went straight back into defemce, its great to see the confidence and drive back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The one thing about Cleverley is we had a glimpse of his talent at the start of the 2011/2012 season. Until he got injured against Bolton he was looking like a serious talent. He was unlucky with injuries for the rest of that season and just went on a really bad run afterwards. he has looked awful but there is a decent player somewhere inside of him. A season with Van Gaal could bring out the best in him

BuEP41LIcAAWc0C.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We got our swag back

1zg4408.jpg

Dunno bout you guys but I'm feeling giddy about this season

vhpy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

RichFTW wrote: »
    Now that LVG has instilled a bit more confidence, does this mean the moaners in here will at least wait until the transfer window is closed before predicting the apocalypse?!

It's still not an excuse to be a dick.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rooney looks about 60 there :pac:

I wonder will sky have the final or just mutv?

That's exactly what I thought too :)

Adamocovic wrote: »

His corner at the end was way too deep but i wont criticise too much. Look, if LVG can coach him into being a decent CM i will be delighted. Ofcourse its too early to be saying these things but LVG is a great coach and you never know what might happen.
    Im buzzing after that game/performance to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

..though I'll do what the **** I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yeah, I was thinking the same. He's looking a lot better this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Wow, if that's a glimpse of what LVG is bringing to the team, then we could be doing this a lot.....

56972_stone-cold-steve-austin-stone-cold-stunner.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Zaha needs to go on loan again this coming season.

I can't see anyway that Nani will fit into that team and specific set up, he is not a wing back, striker or no10. May be kept if 4-3-3 is something United will use a good bit so it will be interesting to see what happens with him in this transfer window.

Good point on Fellaini, I can't see much use for him in this style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Would love United to play RM every year.

Gareth Bale is such a class player, pity he wanted Madrid over United.

Sky have the final scheduled in on the guide for 12:30am Tue on SS1

I wonder will sky have the final or just mutv?

Skysports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I could post these all night.

5FRbC81.gif

irishfeen wrote: »
    Sky have the final scheduled in on the guide for 12:30am Tue on SS1

i have Tuesday off too!

spirit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Zico wrote: »
    It's still not an excuse to be a dick.:)

So that's a no so? Not that I'm surprised, moaners gonna moan no matter what.

• Advertisement

i have Tuesday off too!

spirit.gif
    You lucky bastard - i've fecking wages to pay at 8am :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement