Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Early days yet but I cant wait for the league to start!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Love the GIFs i do !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Haha the gif's are gas.

Just realised I have to be leaving the house at 6am on Tuesday morning and that the match starts at 1am....oh god I'm going to be wrecked!

Dr.-Who.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Just the thought of playing structured attacking football with a competent manager at the helm

galv5Il.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

RichFTW wrote: »
    So that's a no so? Not that I'm surprised, moaners gonna moan no matter what.

I retract every thought I had before Utd owned Madrid, really I do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sure at least he tried....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Headshot wrote: »
    It does make it true actually. When a manager cant instil confidence into a team and had dreadful tactics, who else can you blame, the easter bunny?

LVG has done a wonderful job with us already, I actually enjoy watching utd, its been awhile since I said that. I can see a plan forming now and im hopeful of the future. We still need signings that obvious but LVG will transform the team, I have faith.

Moyes was a deer caught in the headlights, didnt have a ****ing clue what he was doing there.

I don't want to get into this too much because we are past it but your vendetta against Moyes is almost the same as Homer's against Woodward at this stage.

You said Moyes completely destroyed the team, are you saying United played with the confidence of champions for a while last season then it was shattered by Moyes? No that didn't happen, it was never there, you are inadvertently saying Moyes' appointment broke the team which is hardly his fault now is it

When a manager can't instil confidence in a team that were reportedly not even in his corner before a competitive ball was kicked you look at the players first and foremost IMO. You act as if Moyes gave himself the job, Fergie and the club have a part to play in that.

You went on all last summer about how badly we'd do if we didn't sign midfielders(s), you seem to blame this on Moyes too, when in fact we don't know if Moyes gave Woodward names to buy and Woodward didn't succeed.

Moyes isn't a good enough manager to win league titles, but he is better than what we saw last season and if the players had played for him we would have done better, but still not good enough for a team like Manchester United.

The idea that Moyes destroyed the team is wrong, it is an insult really to the man who clearly gave it his all to try make it work.

Anyway that's in the past and the future looks bright, I can't wait for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Not in work until Wednesday!

RHLDnTJ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So it looks like I'll be like this at 8am Tuesday morning

tumblr_m09jll0x521qbe58po1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I actually really enjoy watching united play again. This is an odd feeling, it's been about 4 years since I really enjoyed watching us.

Van Gaal: "The game was not a friendly. Real didn't want to lose... we won and deserved to win." #mutour

Stick that in yer pipe Ancelotti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

So I've an interview on Tuesday morning.. just great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Evil Kagawa @evilkagawa

As I leave pitch 2 police officer approach Kagawa. Say I under arrest!? I so scared. I ask why?

They say I stole the show.

Play-a-making.

:D

Liverpool in Miami :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just watched the highlights, was the second goal given to Rooney or Young?

Also, what a cross by Kagawa :D

Zico wrote: »

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Taken just after today's game.....

42464_BuEP41LIcAAWc0C.jpg

Edit: Just spotted that irishfeen posted this earlier, so apologies for the double post. But hey, it's such a great shot, I can't bring myself to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Miami Police Department have no idea the shítstorm they are avoiding by playing this game in front of a passive American audience:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can a mod put a gif of Kagawa's pass into the first post please

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Not in work until Wednesday!

RHLDnTJ.gif

My own boss, work when I want.......

37327_23z6gn.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Why is the LvG boat gif not here yet!?

+1 on this
    Ninja Edit by the way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ashley Young: "We knew we needed a draw but we're Manchester United..." #mutour

We're back baby! :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »

satisfaction.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

RichFTW wrote: »
    So that's a no so? Not that I'm surprised, moaners gonna moan no matter what.

:rolleyes:

40836_lvgfyjt4.gif

Pre-season means nothing but.. we're unbeaten against Roma, Inter and Real Madrid.

Compared to last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Ordered this retro shirt from 1977 when the United store was glitched, such a beautiful shirt;

4855821_orig.jpg

• Advertisement

FFMZ47IHF23QORD.LARGE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Pre-season means nothing but.. we're unbeaten against Roma, Inter and Real Madrid.

Compared to last year?
    Relax and enjoy the positive energy, enough of the negative waves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Compared to last year?

4 games in (counting LA Galaxy)

Moyes: 3 goals scored, 1 conceeded (this against useless Asian teams and no WC to have players resting from).

LVG: 12 goals scored, 3 conceeded (against far better teams and a few players still missing).

In fact, you can include the two extra games Moyes played (Barca and Hannover) and the 4 extra goals scored would still leave us well below the tally LVG has racked up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Ordered this retro shirt from 1977 when the United store was glitched, such a beautiful shirt;

4855821_orig.jpg

Don't see the new blue training shirt on the store yet. It's by far the nicest of the current crop.

Sorry to be a dry-shíte but all we've done is beat a half-strength Real Madrid side and it's still only pre-season and we are paper thin on first team defenders :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I haven't paid attention to the results but with Liverpool winning and us beating Real Madrid, does that make us the new European Champions?

• Advertisement

Last season pre season just to remind us:
    Singha All Stars 1-0 MUFC
    A League All Stars 1-5 MUFC
    Yokohama F Marinos 2-3 MUFC
    Cerezo Osaka 2-2 MUFC
    Kitchee 2-5 MUFC
    AIK 1-1 MUFC
    Sevilla 3-1 MUFC

Big change this season quality wise. Some of those performances last summer were dire. The Sevilla game at OT was a real sign of things to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Moyes: 3 goals scored, 1 conceeded (this against useless Asian teams and no WC to have players resting from).

LVG: 12 goals scored, 3 conceeded (against far better teams and a few players still missing).

In fact, you can include the two extra games Moyes played (Barca and Hannover) and the 4 extra goals scored would still leave us well below the tally LVG has racked up...

You're comparing pre-season friendly stats? Really? LVG is a much better coach, be patient and you'll see that in the league. Pre-season is not something to celebrate in terms of results.

2 Peno's and a freak of a goal.. Defending has been super all preseason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Every time I see that gif, this song plays in my head:

n32 wrote: »
    Cerezo Osaka 2-2 MUFC
    Kitchee 2-5 MUFC
    AIK 1-1 MUFC
    Sevilla 1-3 MUFC

Big change this season quality wise. Some of those performances last summer were dire. The Sevilla game at OT was a real sign of things to come

utd lost to Sevilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The @Evilkagawa tweets tonight are brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Compared to last year?
    Coulda stopped after the bolded tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Marca edited the pictures here to add more white shirts, cheeky.

BuEVbB0CYAAdIne.jpg

thelad95 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a dry-shíte but all we've done is beat a half-strength Real Madrid side and it's still only pre-season and we are paper thin on first team defenders :(

I think most people are just happy with the performance against a team like Madrid.Yes missing a few players but we played great stuff, can only beat what's put in front of you

Forget the stats we own the ball.

We starved Real Madrid to death.

Fergie never did that!

I know I might be getting over excited here but...

I know it is just pre season but our level of play recently has got me so excited for the new season!

Excited-Happy-Kenneth-Parcel-30-Rock.gif

utd lost to Sevilla

well spotted my man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ian herbert tweet :

"Again, no encouragement from LVG for Chicharito. Said that he played the wrong pass in the build-up to the goal he scored #mufc"

Chicharito is up against it,it seems.

n32 wrote: »
    Cerezo Osaka 2-2 MUFC
    Kitchee 2-5 MUFC
    AIK 1-1 MUFC
    Sevilla 1-3 MUFC

Jesus Christ. Is there not enough sticks to beat Moyes with without using pre-season results? We rarely went first string last summer and Moyes had about a million other commitments to deal with during pre-season that he would not have been familiar with but LVG would. You can never read anything into pre-season results. Nobody would've cared less about those pre-season results if Moyes had won the league.

We beat a semi first string Madrid side tonight. A decent achievement but it was a pre-season friendly and there is people here celebrating like we've won the Champions League. For all we know, we could finish 7th again especially if we have bad luck with injuries and one or two players hit bad form.

Sorry, I hate being the dry-shíte but I just can't get that excited over a pre-season friendly :(

thelad95 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a dry-shíte but all we've done is....

9308_tumblr_mq3rkbHSDG1szkv9io1_500.gif
    61857_girl-shooting-with-gun.gif
    39455_50cal_rifle_shot.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement