Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

RayCun wrote: »
    I think we should be aiming higher than Arsenal's third choiceCB

What do you think of Howedes? He could be a good buy but he is known for late/rash challenges now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I remember reading somewhere that most of the transfer dealings are usually done after preseason finishes usually between the 15th and the end of transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On Skybet I see the money has come for Hummels to Barcelona at evens with United 6/4.
    Hopefully Kagawa can be used to convince Dortmund and LVG/United is an attraction to Mats.
    Everyone has their price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ignore the bookies lads. Jesus. We're going round and round in here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Twitter talk that Fellaini is heading to Italy tomorrow to confirm the loan to Napoli.

Loaning Fellaini makes zero sense, makes our CM options even weaker. If he doesnt fit into our plans we shud sell him and replace him.

assuming Napoli pay most of his wages,It really does look like reducing our wage bill is Woodwards priority this summer and we need to get rid of players first before we buy which is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Have to agree with the majority that letting Fellaini go would be a mistake (unless we have someone prepared to be brought in). I can see Fellaini being a player VG might like.

I still think we have to bring in a CB and Wing Back. Hopefully we will see that done within the next two weeks.

I could be wrong but it is looking more and more like VG will wait until January and then try sign Strootman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Loaning Fellaini makes zero sense, makes our CM options even weaker. If he doesnt fit into our plans we shud sell him and replace him.

Was just going to say this.

I understand the point of loaning out young players who you want to get game time, but loaning out flop players who realistically you want rid of is daft.

If Fellaini goes on loan to Napoli and has a crap season, we end up with him dumped back on our door like the ginger stepchild and he'll be worth even less. Like Anderson - Fiorentina all over again.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ignore the bookies lads. Jesus. We're going round and round in here!

just bored waiting for the next transfer to be revealed and so fed up of looking at news about Arthur Vidal. who must be heading into double figures for the number of medicals it is claimed he is suppose to have taken...

RobertKK wrote: »
    just bored waiting for the next transfer to be revealed and so fed up of looking at news about Arthur Vidal. who must be heading into double figures for the number of medicals it is claimed he is suppose to have taken...

I feel bad for Vidal, after selling the house where will he stay while playing with Juventus ;)

Poor neighbours must be devastated they seemed to be so friendly with him, with all the papers using them as sources ;)

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Was just going to say this.

I understand the point of loaning out young players who you want to get game time, but loaning out flop players who realistically you want rid of is daft.

If Fellaini goes on loan to Napoli and has a crap season, we end up with him dumped back on our door like the ginger stepchild and he'll be worth even less. Like Anderson - Fiorentina all over again.

It cud be due to the fact that we cant get rid of Anderson thus taken decision to loan out Fellaini until Ando is off the wage bill. fellaini deserves another chance, he is not as bad as he has shown.

Our summer is really baffling so far, surely it makes more sense to sign players first before letting them go - Fellaini wud be player 9 off the wage bill since february and thats too many IMO with only 2 coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Van Gaal has another press conference later. I'd say he's getting sick of them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It cud be due to the fact that we cant get rid of Anderson thus taken decision to loan out Fellaini until Ando is off the wage bill. fellaini deserves another chance, he is not as bad as he has shown.

I agree he deserves another chance, but loaning him our for the season suggests that he won't get one.

Surely someone will take Anderson, if the price is right? (i.e. we pay them...)

I like Danny Higginbottom on mutv. Talks a lot more sense than most of the mutv pundits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like Danny Higginbottom on mutv. Talks a lot more sense than most of the mutv pundits.

Is the press conference on MUtv?

Is the press conference on MUtv?

Should be shown on the show on at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So did Vidal travel with Juve in the end ? I assume seeing as theres been nothing said the last few days its gone off the boil.

Vidal has traveled with Juve

The presenters on mutv said the pc will be shown during this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hoping it's the start of a fun week transfer wise. We were due back if not for the final tomorrow, right?mso hopefully this kick starts the transfers in and out.

Me too, I've been expecting things to start rolling once the American adventure is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Van Gaal: Almost time to judge

Judgement time is coming for Manchester United's squad - both the players in America and those at home in England - as Louis van Gaal counts down the days to his first league match in charge.

His assessment of the personnel for the Swansea City match and beyond will be formed after the Reds complete Tour 2014, presented by Aon, with Monday night's meeting with Liverpool in Miami.

"I shall make judgements after this tour because I have let all the players play and I know more than I did before the tour," said van Gaal at a pre-match press conference.

"It's a little bit soon to judge but in football you have to judge. You always have to give a chance to the player to make a transfer [to leave] when you see that his chances of playing are not high. You have to say it in advance because 31 August is too late. I shall say to the players what I think after this tour but not to you [the media]."

Once the International Champions Cup final against Liverpool is over, van Gaal and his squad will fly home to Manchester and be reunited with tour absentees including Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini. The Belgian pair did not travel to the US after ending their World Cup campaign as late as 5 July at the quarter-final stage.

"They [Fellaini, Januzaj] have already trained," confirmed van Gaal. "I sent Marcel Bout back to train them with Nicky Butt in a special group. So they could reach the first [league] match, not the friendly against Valencia, but that isdependent on the individual because every individual is different

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2014/Tour2014News/2014/Aug/louis-van-gaal-to-tell-players-his-judgement-after-pre-season-tour-of-usa.aspx#

I think we'll see lot of transfers (in and Out) once the tour is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

stankratz wrote: »
    Another big call from LVG; He is choosing to leave RVP out of the match vs Valencia and also the first P.L. game of the season vs Swansea. Understandable is his reasoning...

Full article from The Guardian

Last year Van Persie had to go off with the Dutch team to Asia, came back and had to go with Utd to Asia. All that in 2 months.
    His season was ruined by that. All his injuries apart from the last one (he was just kicked out of the game then) were a result of that pre season.

Very wise decision to just give him a "normal" pre season built up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

assuming Napoli pay most of his wages,It really does look like reducing our wage bill is Woodwards priority this summer and we need to get rid of players first before we buy which is very poor.

It makes no sense in isolation but my guess is it will make sense pretty soon afterwards; I think the reason he would be going elsewhere is because someone else is lined up.its why I try and judge windows as a whole instead of weeks before it closes. He has already said transfers will be dealt with over the next few weeks, so this is likely the start of business, not the lone piece.

While I can understand wanting him sold if he isn't in plans, the reality is his price would be terminally low right now,due to the season gone and the rep he has on the back of Moyes reign. I can see the reason behind loaning him; give him a year to look better and then get a higher fee for him. The fact we are loaning and not selling shows, to me, there isn't a massive need for extra cash, for instance; we don't need to sell him. We just don't need him at the club right now, so why not put him in the window at another club?

I also disagree about Woodward's primary aim; I think the lower wage bill is simply a byproduct of shifting what LVG sees as deadweight. It's ultimately a lot easier to sell a Man United player than it is to buy one so will happen quicker. I don't think Woodward has told LVG if he wants players, he needs to lower the wage bill first. I think it's more likely LVG has said "I won't be playing him, get rid of him now please" and Woodward has.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

The 2nd half of the press conference:

"You have seen that on this tour. For example, Young has already played 90 minutes and Fletcher has played two 90-minute matches but the others haven't. So there is a difference between players and I have to look at them and see if they can do it or not.

"Tomorrow a lot of players will probably play 90 minutes because it’s the last time we can do that [before the Valencia match] and we have to build up. I have already explained that I cannot do that in training sessions so I have to do it in the matches. So tomorrow, for example, Young will play 90 minutes if he can do the job; if he can't do the job, maybe 10 or 20 minutes less."

The Valencia match at Old Trafford on Tuesday 12 August will also come too soon for Robin van Persie, who progressed further than any other United player at the World Cup, going all the way to the semi-finals on 9 July with van Gaal's Netherlands team.

"I have to see how Robin comes back," said the United manager. "Normally if you are training for only four days before the Valencia match, you are not fit enough. If you have had three weeks’ holiday, you are not fit enough. The first Premier League match is possible but I don't think so."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Glad to see the Utd Live website has been updated with the Liverpool game... unfortunately it's on while I'm work but should be able to avoid the results and watch game when I get home. Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Glad to see the Utd Live website has been updated with the Liverpool game... unfortunately it's on while I'm work but should be able to avoid the results and watch game when I get home. Looking forward to it now!

Also live on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

getting a sweaty ass with regards to signings.

We cannot rely on Fletcher remaining fit and if any of the senior back 3 get a mid to long term injury we are in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Looking at his interview there with LVG i would expect things to start moving pretty quickly this week. Looks like he's given players match time to prove themselves.

Looking at his interview there with LVG i would expect things to start moving pretty quickly this week. Looks like he's given players match time to prove themselves.

Yeah I imagine players who will be leaving we will hear about before the end of the week. He said he will tell them their fate after the tour is over, and I can't imagine him being a manager who will drag it out. He'll probably tell the players by Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Taok wrote: »
    Also live on Sky Sports

Also on mutv, listings have been updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Our summer is really baffling so far, surely it makes more sense to sign players first before letting them go - Fellaini wud be player 9 off the wage bill since february and thats too many IMO with only 2 coming in.

Don't find it baffling at all. We need to sign a CB (prob 2) and a quality CM.
    Can't see any need for more than 2-3 players coming in and I'd be happy to see another 2-3 go.

The squad was massive last year, with a lot of dead wood.
    I think that losing a NET 8 or 9 players from last year is just about right.
    It sounds an alarming number but with those 2-3 players in, you still have a squad big enough for the league.
    With this 3-5-2 system, you'd have two strong teams of 11. More than enough.

We don't need a massive squad this year unfortunately.

Bring in real quality next summer (or Jan if it suits) when we've CL football in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Sounds like Fellaini is in Van Gaals plans going by what he said at the presser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

LvG has always stressed the importance of a player's character & their ability to take direction. Maybe he didn't go for some of the expected players because of this.

I am very optimistic, regardless of who we do or don't sign, because I trust LvG's ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

One thing I've been wondering to myself is where will Januzaj fit into the new system. If we persist with 352 which looks to be what will happen, he doesn't have the ability to play wing back (similar to nani) which leaves him with the number 10 spot. I haven't been convinced when I've seen him play 10 and as things stand he'll be third/fourth choice in that position anyway.

Unless he is loaned out(Which I wouldn't like to see as he's good enough to be playing at Utd currently) it's my conclusion he will have very few minutes on the pitch this coming year. That is unless LVG changes the system he has been employing so far to something that has emphasis on wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

To be honest i'm worried he won't sell enough players. Hopefully he's realised some players are not worth keeping for various reasons - Cleverley, Kagawa, Hernandez, Fellaini, Zaha, Nani. We could lose all 6 of them and sign a centre back, a left back/centre back and a centre midfielder and be in much better shape.

I just hope by this time next week there's loads of action in the transfer market for us even if its just players leaving.

Re: Januzaj

Maybe he doesn't have a natural position in the 3412 formation but Van Gaal has said we can easily change to a 433 which would be ideal for him and maybe Welbeck either side of the front man up top.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Re: Januzaj

Maybe he doesn't have a natural position in the 3412 formation but Van Gaal has said we can easily change to a 433 which would be ideal for him and maybe Welbeck either side of the front man up top.

Januzaj can play as AM, he played as striker for U21 where he was very good. He can play as AM or striker in 3-4-1-2 without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Januzaj can play as AM, he played as striker for U21 where he was very good. He can play as AM or striker in 3-4-1-2 without any problem.

Yes but would he be ahead of the other players there. I would personally have Mata and Kagawa ahead of him at AM. And I would have Rooney RVP Welbeck and Hernandez up front ahead of him as well. He can play those positions but I have not seen him particularly effective at doing so at senior level.

As said the tactics could easily be changed for certain games but LVG seems pretty intent on sticking to 5 at the back.

Yes but would he be ahead of the other players there. I would personally have Mata and Kagawa ahead of him at AM. And I would have Rooney RVP Welbeck and Hernandez up front ahead of him as well. He can play those positions but I have not seen him particularly effective at doing so at senior level.

As said the tactics could easily be changed for certain games but LVG seems pretty intent on sticking to 5 at the back.

Yes, just that I was saying where he can play in this formation.

Also he never got chance as AM last season, I think he got only 1 or 2 chances and he did well. 1 game was against Norwich in league cup where he was very good.

It makes no sense in isolation but my guess is it will make sense pretty soon afterwards; I think the reason he would be going elsewhere is because someone else is lined up.its why I try and judge windows as a whole instead of weeks before it closes. He has already said transfers will be dealt with over the next few weeks, so this is likely the start of business, not the lone piece.

While I can understand wanting him sold if he isn't in plans, the reality is his price would be terminally low right now,due to the season gone and the rep he has on the back of Moyes reign. I can see the reason behind loaning him; give him a year to look better and then get a higher fee for him. The fact we are loaning and not selling shows, to me, there isn't a massive need for extra cash, for instance; we don't need to sell him. We just don't need him at the club right now, so why not put him in the window at another club?

I also disagree about Woodward's primary aim; I think the lower wage bill is simply a byproduct of shifting what LVG sees as deadweight. It's ultimately a lot easier to sell a Man United player than it is to buy one so will happen quicker. I don't think Woodward has told LVG if he wants players, he needs to lower the wage bill first. I think it's more likely LVG has said "I won't be playing him, get rid of him now please" and Woodward has.

you are the main person who keeps beating the "i will wait until the end of the window" brigade, yet its pretty clear that our business should be almost wrapped up by now, like most clubs are - there is no excuse for leaving it this late, it runs a massive risk that these signings (thats if they come) will be as effective as players who came in 2 months ago.

if we failed to win a game for 3 months and then went on a winning streak for 2 weeks, would you judge the results based only on those 2 weeks?

look at Luke Shaw for example - LVG says he has things to work on, that gave him 3 weeks before the season starts, to sort himself out. what about if the next player we sign, is in a similar state?

i am sure that 2 players are coming (more so in hope now than actually expecting) but its not good business to be leaving it so long - its been clear since May that we had gaps to fill yet all we seem to be doing is getting rid of players to reduce our wage bill. wouldnt it be better to have players in before getting rid of more?

by the way, how come we keep seeing the "assessing the squad" excuse used, yet he was happy to let Rio, Evra, Buttner, Bebe, and now allegidly Fellaini and Anderson without seeing them play at all?

one final point about fellaini, i think the opposite of your point is the case - see Anderson for example. had we sold Anderson last season, as opposed to sending him on loan, he would be worth a lot more than he is now.

Fellaini could go on to have a poor season there and his worth is even lower than what it is now - loan option makes zero sense for a player in his mid 20's who is not going to learn or achieve anything on loan.

I don't want to get into that arguement above but this bit...

"if we failed to win a game for 3 months and then went on a winning streak for 2 weeks, would you judge the results based only on those 2 weeks?"

Isn't his arguement exactly the opposite of that? He is gonna take the whole window into account and not just a part.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »

Isn't his arguement exactly the opposite of that? He is gonna take the whole window into account and not just a part.

you are clearly misunderstaning the point that I and him are trying to make.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A smaller squad this season would be a good thing. Fellaini wouldn't be moved on to reduce the wage bill, it would be because Van Gaal doesn't see him as a midfield player in this system.

Van Gaal has spoke about needing to see players in action, but what he doesn't add and must be obvious, he already has a good idea of players skills and attributes.

Its those attributes that make him decide he needs to see if a players can use what they have in his system/philosophy. If they can't then he will buy someone else. He can also quickly judge that he simply doesn't need to see as the players attributes don't fit his system.

For example he knows Young had good attacking skills, can play quick football and get crosses in, would be told by someone like Giggs that as a wide man Young wasn't lazy and got back. So he would know Young has the attributes to play wide left in his new formation but he needs to see how he plays there to know for sure if he has the mental ability to take up the right positions, work hard etc.

Fellaini's attributes are obviously not suited to the No 10 role in Van Gaals system and probably not suited to one of the 2 cm positions. He doesn't need to see him there to make that decision.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    A smaller squad this season would be a good thing.

if it has the correct players, then yes. but right now we have 5 senior defenders and one of them is 19 years old. 3 of those defenders are very injury proned.

our CM options are Herrera, Fletcher and Cleverly, until Carrick comes back. thats hardly inspiring is it when compared to our rivals?

ive no problem getting rid of players, but surely it makes sense to learn from last year - get players in early and then sell where necessary over the next month.

we should really have kept 2 from Rio, Evra and buttner until signings were done, just in case our plans dont work out, which based on previous years is very possible. Keane, Blackett and james right now are not on the level of the 3 lads who they are replacing.

at the moment our squad is 6 players down on last season - thats alot with Fellaini, Anderson and perhaps one more plaer likely to leave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ive no problem getting rid of players, but surely it makes sense to learn from last year - get players in early and then sell where necessary over the next month.

The first part makes perfect sense (player in), another manager change makes that difficult to do. The second only makes sense if its players the manager wants and who are happy to stay.

The club did learn something , this time they went out and got a top class manager and brought in two players the club had put work into scouting etc. Last season we got you know who and he didn't use the clubs information to get anyone in.

We all want the same thing here and in an idea world what you are calling for would have happened. Its clear that anything other than what you wanted was not acceptable to you, my acceptance if what has happened so far is different for reasons like the above. I don't really want to argue over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

what's the latest on getting rid of fellaini?

you are the main person who keeps beating the "i will wait until the end of the window" brigade, yet its pretty clear that our business should be almost wrapped up by now, like most clubs are - there is no excuse for leaving it this late, it runs a massive risk that these signings (thats if they come) will be as effective as players who came in 2 months ago.

See, first problem here; strikes me most clubs have NOT wrapped up their transfer dealings; with the exceptions of Chelsea, all the other superthreads (Liverpool, Arsenal and City) are either expecting transfers or demanding transfers. I've seen you try and argue that before, but the reality is all the top clubs could still do with more additions. You're trying to make out as if we're the only one still with business to do, but it's not true.

It also ignores the fact that all the other clubs haven't had a new manager starting up and wanting to assess the squad. LVG has been very open about wanting to see a lot of players coming in, about not wanting to buy the wrong types of players and about the fact the business will be starting once America is over.

The reality is the top players wouldn't have been in 2 months ago anyway; Vidal, for instance, is only joining his Juvi teammates now so wouldn't have been starting with us till this week anyway. RVP is still off on holidays. Other "top" targets wouldn't have been training or integrating too quickly anyway. (And that addresses the other two paragraphs about Shaw as well...)
    if we failed to win a game for 3 months and then went on a winning streak for 2 weeks, would you judge the results based only on those 2 weeks?

Matches =/= transfers. It's also ignoring the fact that we've not failed to sign anyone over the last 3 months. Overall, so far, I wouldn't liken the window to 3 months of a losing streak.
    by the way, how come we keep seeing the "assessing the squad" excuse used, yet he was happy to let Rio, Evra, Buttner, Bebe, and now allegidly Fellaini and Anderson without seeing them play at all?

Different levels of players will need different levels of assessment; you can't take one brush and paint all players the same way. By all accounts, Evra and Buttner were off one way or other, and Rio, Anderson and Bebe were obviously not United quality anymore.

If I was assessing a team, I'd really have 3 brackets set out on day one;

Definitely staying
    Possibly staying
    Definitely gone.

The players you listed, in LVG's eyes, obviously fell in the bottom bracket right quickly and were deemed surplus to requirements or knew they weren't going to fit into the system.

Others, like Nani, Hernandez, Young, Kagawa....obviously have some level of ability and potential so he gave them the pre-season to evaluate them. Is that so hard to grasp? As per usual, it's a system that works on a scale, not a binary "Yes/No" dichotomy.
    one final point about fellaini, i think the opposite of your point is the case - see Anderson for example. had we sold Anderson last season, as opposed to sending him on loan, he would be worth a lot more than he is now.

Fellaini could go on to have a poor season there and his worth is even lower than what it is now - loan option makes zero sense for a player in his mid 20's who is not going to learn or achieve anything on loan.

Anderson - It's easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight, but the reality is he would have been worth **** all when we loaned him out. It's not that sitting on the bench in Italy lowered his value any more than sitting on the bench in Manchester would have.

Fel - He might bomb, he might relish a second chance to prove himself. Either way, United aren't cash-strapped so may as well take a punt and loan him out. If we sold him now and he did well, we'd have people giving out we sold him too quickly and rashly. If he does badly in Italy, we probably still wouldn't have gotten much more for him this season than next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

See, first problem here; strikes me most clubs have NOT wrapped up their transfer dealings; with the exceptions of Chelsea, all the other superthreads (Liverpool, Arsenal and City) are either expecting transfers or demanding transfers. I've seen you try and argue that before, but the reality is all the top clubs could still do with more additions.

The first problem here is that those other clubs just need some fine tuning, we needed a full engine and gearbox overhaul.

They have the luxury of continuing to wait for one, maybe 2 more players to come in, we need a whole lot more and we still haven't come close to sorting it.

But yeah, I know, we beat Real Madrid in a friendly so people aren't allowed to be critical in here anymore. I apologise.

But yeah, I know, we beat Real Madrid in a friendly so people aren't allowed to be critical in here anymore. I apologise.

Yes, because obviously arguing my point of view and opinion is akin to telling you you aren't allowed by critical in yours. If I wasn't interested in hearing critical opinions, I wouldn't be on this forum and would put some posters of ignore, so please don't start this "Poor little me, can't have an opinion" stance; it's lazy debating. :rolleyes:

We will have more transfers in and transfers out.

Just who is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-reds-3985633
    I'll tell players to leave says Van Gaal

Louis van Gaal says he will have no problem telling face-to-face those Manchester United players he does not want.

Van Gaal has used United's summer tour of the US to assess the players he inherited from David Moyes and will offload several of them once back in Manchester.

And the Dutchman, 62, said he would have no problem telling those players who are not part of his plans, with Nani, Shinji Kagawa, Marounae Fellaini and Javier Hernandez all likely to be jettisoned.

"I shall make judgements after this tour," said Van Gaal.

"I will let all the players play and I know now more than before the tour.

"I will tell players after the tour but to them, not to you."
    Depay: I could leave PSV

Manchester United and Tottenham target Memphis Depay has admitted for the first time that he could leave PSV Eindhoven this summer.

The Dutch starlet impressed onlookers at the World Cup after a breakthrough Eredivisie campaign.

My decision: Depay has declared he could leave Eindhoven this summer

And the winger was bullish that it will be he, not anyone else, who decides where his future lies.

"I have done my time at PSV but if nice clubs from big leagues ask, I will think about it. There is lots of interest but it is definitely an option to stay."
    Teen winger wanted for Southampton loan

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is keen to sign Manchester United wonderkid Demetri Mitchell on loan, writes Simon Mullock.

The 17-year-old left-winger, whose contract expires in 2016, has already attracted a clutch of interest from English and European clubs after a string of explosive performances.

United boss Louis van Gaal has already been given rave reviews about the youngster who scored four goals in United's opening game of the 2014 Milk Cup, against Gold Coast Academy, last week.

An England Under-17 star, Mitchell has impressed with his speed and his technical ability.
    Reds to move for Watford youngster

Manchester United are edging closer towards completing a deal for Watford starlet Ogo Obi.

The 16-year-old striker has impressed after arriving on trial at the Red Devils’ Carrington training base over a fortnight ago.

And United extended his trial, so Obi could compete in the Milk Cup.

Watford, who have offered Obi a scholarship and a one-year professional deal, would be entitled to a compensation fee of £130,000 if United to push through a deal for him.
    Reds to make monster move for Arda Turan

Louis van Gaal will reportedly offer a staggering £16million plus Shinji Kagawa to snare Turkish international Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid.

The Red Devils hold a longstanding interest in Turan, one of the stars of Atleti's La Liga success last season.

Reports last week suggested the Spanish side have made enquiries about Kagawa's availability, as they look to rebuild their attack after the departures of Diego Costa, David Villa, Adrian Lopez and Diego Ribas.

And now the Express reckons United could be set to turn the tables by making a serious move for Turan - offering the Japan star as bait.
    Reds to miss out on Enzo Perez

Argentina midfielder Enzo Perez is set to join Valencia.

The Benfica man is reportedly set to land in Spain on Monday to tie up a move to the Mestalla, according to Portuguese daily Record.

Negotiations for the 28-year-old have been underway for a number of weeks, and United's interest has waned since the signing of Ander Herrera.
    Vermaelen turns down Arsenal extension
    Arsenal skipper Thomas Vermaelen doesn't want a new contract, reports the Daily Mail.

The Belgian international looks set to depart the club in the coming month, with Manchester United keen, after becoming tired of being second choice for the Gunners.

His deal expires at the end of the current season, and while Arsene Wenger has offered fresh terms, the former Ajax man does not want to open talks over a extending his contract - pushing him closer to the exit door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tuttosport: Juventus have now made Man United striker Javier Hernandez their main striker target.

Interesting

Also -
    If Juventus are to sell Arturo Vidal to Manchester United, they will ask for Nani and Hernandez as part of the deal. (Corriere dello Sport)

If that was true i'd be delighted (big if, i know)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement