Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I never said he was Dutch... LvG is Dutch.

What has LVG being Dutch got to do with Vermaelen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Trilla wrote: »
    What are our realistic ins and outs?

Out: Nani, Anderson, Zaha
    Maybe: Fellaini, Hernandez, Cleverley

ins: Vermaelen

cant see 6 more players leaving - 3 maximum. that would be 14 players gone in the space of a few months and only 3 coming in? no way....not happening.

also, Cleverly is going nowhere.

i think theres 2 signings left, though losing hope as every day passes.

There was talk of Kagawa being let go but that would be completely nuts imo, he's a savage player. Even last season I though he was taking up some great positions but he would hardly ever get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Maybe something like this which would still leave us very slender at the back with the inevetable injuries throughout the season!

Out: Nani, Anderson,
    Maybe: Chico, Zaha (loan)

ins: De Jong, Vermaelen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

He played for Ajax while Van Gaal was managing AZ Alkmaar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

He mentioned Ajax I'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

There was talk of Kagawa being let go but that would be completely nuts imo, he's a savage player. Even last season I though he was taking up some great positions but he would hardly ever get the ball.

Can't deny Kagawa is a great player at no10. Think we have was too much competition there though. I can't see a player like him sitting on the bench again being second or even third choice no10, and in that case probably best for both parties to allow him to leave.

I know VG has said before he wants to try Kagawa at no.6 and no.8 but it might be hard for him to make the transition. Interesting what will happen with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I can see Kagawa, Nani and Hernandez moving and getting back into their top form. Nani while brilliant when on form needs regular football and i can't see that happening next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Cleverley won't be leaving.

Hernandez might need the move.

If others are simply not going to play, why keep them?

If they arent being replaced we simply dont have any backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Yeah, moaners just gonna moan aren't they.

They sure are. I take it you can't find any quotes to back up your BS?
    Hey, I'm just trying to apologise for having the cheek to point out that all isn't sunshine and roses. Don't know what I was thinking.

Bringing up a concern or weakness in the team = valid part of discussion.

Bringing up a concern or weakness in the team while also ignoring the positives, making up crap, cherry picking stats and having a doom merchant attitude = moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Would we currently be better off if Moyes hadn't bought Mata but instead used half of the Mata money to go and get Matic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody hear who the captain is tonight hope Evans gets it and keeps it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Match thread nearly hitting 200 for a pre-season game that hasn't even started?

We're back in the big time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

user2011 wrote: »
    Match thread nearly hitting 200 for a pre-season game that hasn't even started?

We're back in the big time :pac:

I can feel the tenseness already!! I put up an interesting picture on the career stats of both managers involved and im having to defend my post. I just thought it might interest some people but seems to have done the opposite:eek:

Btw one should never utter the words 'we be better off if we hadn't have bought Mata'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Would we currently be better off if Moyes hadn't bought Mata but instead used half of the Mata money to go and get Matic?

eye-twitch.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pointless on bbc1 has a united section right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, we'd have been better yet if Moyes hadn't bought Mata or Fel, and just pumped 75m into buying Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pointless on bbc1 has a united section right now.

What were the questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Dacelonid wrote: »
    What were the questions?

Original name of club

Year united won the treble

1994 FA cup single

Nickname of young 1950s team

Name of home ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I can feel the tenseness already!! I put up an interesting picture on the career stats of both managers involved and im having to defend my post. I just thought it might interest some people but seems to have done the opposite:eek:

Btw one should never utter the words 'we be better off if we hadn't have bought Mata'!!!

100%

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ceegee wrote: »
    Original name of club

Year united won the treble

1994 FA cup single

Nickname of young 1950s team

Name of home ground

Don't understand 1994 FA cup single? the song? If so it's: come on you reds and the others are easy...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If they arent being replaced we simply dont have any backup.

I agree that players need to come in and it will be disappointing to see more players leave before signings. But some players are not going to feature as they won't fit Van Gaals needs even during an injury crises.

Cleverley and Hernandez I commented on earlier: Anderson, Nani and (maybe) Fellaini are likely back up to the back up.

Nani can't play wing back. Is not going to be at 10 or up front. Sadly his is better off sold if he won't play.

Anderson is not going to get ahead of Herrera, Carrick, Fletcher or Cleverley. He is finished at United.

Fellaini is less clear but in this set up its easy to imagine he is also behind those players in Van Gaals style of play. If Van Gaal has actually decided on him (I dunno if he has) for how the system works Rooney or Kagawa are more likely to get a game at cm before he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That song was on the "Now that's what I call music 1994".

"Come on you Reds" was name of song.

sad that I know that, but..........

I think I might cower away from the match thread tonight. Don't want to get involved in anything that could lead to a ban so close to the start of the season haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That song was on the "Now that's what I call music 1994".

"Come on you Reds" was name of song.

sad that I know that, but..........

Hardly sad :pac:
    Sure it got to number 1 and was never off the radio back then. I'd expect any United fan in their late 20's or over to know that.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Don't understand 1994 FA cup single? the song? If so it's: come on you reds and the others are easy...

Yeah.

Only one person of the two remaining couples knew most of the answers.
    The others hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hardly sad :pac:
    Sure it got to number 1 and was never off the radio back then. I'd expect any United fan in their late 20's or over to know that.

was a few songs around then.

remember a Irish fella had one too, twas awful from my memory.

Quality of that video not the best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The Irish one was by The Saw Doctors - I'm a Man United Man. That was awful alright.

Come on you Reds was a jaunty tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I think I might cower away from the match thread tonight. Don't want to get involved in anything that could lead to a ban so close to the start of the season haha

read a few pages and closed it, not even worth replying in it. Better off to just post here after the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sure there's no point in posting... the match is meaningless! ;)

I'm avoiding it. I've got one card from TSC and another warning via PM. I actually want to post during the season! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Juan-Mata.jpg

Utd had the money to buy both surely if the will was there? Matic had previously been a Chelsea player so maybe he would have chosen to return there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

lets hope LVG gets back asap after tonight to get the transer window going again, still need another midfielder and defender at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

read a few pages and closed it, not even worth replying in it. Better off to just post here after the match.
    Indeed, the Liverpool and United match threads always end in bickering and finally slaughter for the poor mods.

• Advertisement

lets hope LVG gets back asap after tonight to get the transer window going again, still need another midfielder and defender at least

Ha for some reason I just pictured LVG messaging players he wants on msn while waiting in the airport.

Can see Daley Blinds msn now,
    "LVG2$$2 has just sent a nudge"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

keane2097 wrote: »
    The Irish one was by The Saw Doctors - I'm a Man United Man. That was awful alright.

Come on you Reds was a jaunty tune.

I still have the "Come on You Reds" CD somewhere.

I think that the (dire) "Man United Man" song was by guys called "Men United".

Do people remember those awful "A.B.U." badges? They have something to do with Des Cahill's sports show. Then someone produced "Cantona is King" ones. I think that the whole thing was for charity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Utd had the money to buy both surely if the will was there? Matic had previously been a Chelsea player so maybe he would have chosen to return there anyway.

A serious answer at last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ha for some reason I just pictured LVG messaging players he wants on msn while waiting in the airport.

Can see Daley Blinds msn now,
    "LVG2$$2 has just sent a nudge"
    MSN Messenger?? Have I gone back to 2002 again!? ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It was a catchy tune though, not the Saw Doctors one. I often caught a few Liverpool lads singing along :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What would people think if we didn't sell anybody else for the rest of the window and bought in just Vermaelen? I think that would leave the potential for us to find ourselves in trouble at the back with a few injuries. In saying that, this season, we're not likely to play more than 50 games this season so is the squad we have sufficient?

MSN Messenger?? Have I gone back to 2002 again!? ****!

haha well that's how I like to think the players/managers communicate when they are away from each other ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

thelad95 wrote: »
    What would people think if we didn't sell anybody else for the rest of the window and bought in just Vermaelen? I think that would leave the potential for us to find ourselves in trouble at the back with a few injuries. In saying that, this season, we're not likely to play more than 50 games this season so is the squad we have sufficient?

No. Van Gaal is an immeasurable upgrade on Moyes but new players are still needed.

Shaw and Herrera was a good start but more needs to be done. Smalling Jones and Evans can't be relied upon, injury wise.

Midfield is still a shambles even with the addition of Herrera and Fletcher maybe finding his way back. Although I'd like to see how he does in high intensity Premier League games before I'd call it a comeback.

I wouldn't like to be relying on Young, Januzaj, Nani or Valencia on the wings. Januzaj is young while the others have been useless for a while now.

Centre-back, midfielder X2, winger is the dream scenario and clear out dross like Cleverley, Nani, Fellaini. Even though I said he's been useless for a while, I don't know about Young, pre-season nearly has me convinced that he could be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The "man utd man" song was for people in need affair. It was sung by some of the so called Abu's.

J. Marston wrote: »
    No. Van Gaal is an immeasurable upgrade on Moyes but new players are still needed.

Shaw and Herrera was a good start but more needs to be done. Smalling Jones and Evans can't be relied upon, injury wise.

Midfield is still a shambles even with the addition of Herrera and Fletcher maybe finding his way back. Although I'd like to see how he does in high intensity Premier League games before I'd call it a comeback.

I wouldn't like to be relying on Young, Januzaj, Nani or Valencia on the wings. Januzaj is young while the others have been useless for a while now.

Centre-back, midfielder X2, winger is the dream scenario and clear out dross like Cleverley, Nani, Fellaini. Even though I said he's been useless for a while, I don't know about Young, pre-season nearly has me convinced that he could be useful.

I feel I have been very wrong about Ashley Young as I wanted him vanished. If LVG can keep him playing in his current form, he will be one of the best players at the club.
    Looking forward to see how he plays tonight.

I really hope Young avoids injury and just stays playing the way he currently is. Definite first team player in current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RobertKK wrote: »
    I feel I have been very wrong about Ashley Young as I wanted him vanished. If LVG can keep him playing in his current form, he will be one of the best players at the club.
    Looking forward to see how he plays tonight.

I really hope Young avoids injury and just stays playing the way he currently is. Definite first team player in current form.

Actually amazing how people can be so fickle based on 2 good halves in preseason. He had like 2 good games when he first joined too. His bad performances outweigh his good ones at least 5 to 1 I'd say. It will take a lot for me to have any faith in him.

Liam O wrote: »
    Actually amazing how people can be so fickle based on 2 good halves in preseason. He had like 2 good games when he first joined too. His bad performances outweigh his good ones at least 5 to 1 I'd say. It will take a lot for me to have any faith in him.

Well he has a different manager, tactics and an expanded role which so far has suited him.
    I said he needs to keep this current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

there was a 3rd song at that time also, 2 official (and then the man united man one) think it was the 96 cup final sing.

great times....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Quick ticketing question for anyone that has a club membership. Do they still only allow 1 ticket purchase per member card? Can you link 2 cards together to get tickets side by side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Owryan wrote: »
    The "man utd man" song was for people in need affair. It was sung by some of the so called Abu's.

It was written as a bit of a p*sstake on how jerseys were beginning to change so often and the merchandising side if football in general.

'I've got the grey one and the black, I've got Incey on my back, of the red one I've got two'

And I'm not even a utd fan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement