Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Surely Kagawa is not surplus to requirements?

If anything happens to Mata, Kagawa can slot straight in at 10 behind Rooney and Van Persie.

We need to make room for Januzaj to come through imo. Having him as back-up to Mata and while also getting the odd game as a striker would look like a good plan to me. Kagawa needing games would get in the way of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Deisebaby01 got her little fat hands on my phone! Makes more sense than me though I'll have to admit!

She is clever, FutureGuy deciphered some of it, she is De Gea fan obviously.
    cx is catch cross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

J. Marston wrote: »
    £25 million for Chich and Kagawa.

Funny joke.

Is that not about right?

Both are disgruntled...both appear to be surplus to requirements (I don't believe Kagawa is)...Kagawa hasn't really been a success at United and Chicharito doesn't get his game for either club or country.

We can't apply crazy David Luiz pricing to every scenario.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Funny joke.

About right imo. 12.5m each is about right sadly.

Would be following At Madrid closely next season if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Surely Kagawa is not surplus to requirements?

If anything happens to Mata, Kagawa can slot straight in at 10 behind Rooney and Van Persie.

Realistically, Kagawa should be first choice somewhere else. I'm not sure how effective he would be coming in and out of the side, IMO he seems like the type of player that needs to be playing regularly.

Januzaj would be perfect back up to Mata in a season of no European football, with Rooney/Herrera also being able to fill in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pro. F wrote: »
    We need to make room for Januzaj to come through imo. Having him as back-up to Mata and while also getting the odd game as a striker would look like a good plan to me. Kagawa needing games would get in the way of that.

Sadly to give him a chance it will have to happen that way and Kagawa isn't going to get games somewhere else to keep him sufficiently involved.

I think Van Gaal and his system require committed players who are working hard and to keep them doing that they need to feel they are getting reward for the work they put in. Its unlikely that Kagawa or someone like Hernandez will stay happy or rewarded if they don't play regularly.

Its unfortunate that they may have to go and an extra punishment for not getting to the Champions League. It would be good if we could keep one of them till January though

Yeah, maybe. I'll be crucified for saying it, but I'm not convinced by Januzaj. He's a good prospect in my view, but nothing more at this stage. Way too much hype for a couple of goals and a couple of (admittedly) good performances. I'd be wary of relying on him to be our backup at 10.

That's not to say that he won't "make it", but on the "spectrum of seemingly great talent, where Ryan Giggs is at one end and Frederico Macheda is at the other, I'd have Januzaj just past the middle (towards Giggsy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sky Italia reporting that Vidal wants to leave (according to sources!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

But even with all the problems the team dominated possession for long stretches.

Probably should add a lot of this was in zones Liverpool were happy to let us have it

Funny joke.

It's probably near enough the going rate considering form over the past few seasons, £30-35m maybe

Kagawa is one of those players who will go for cheap but become priceless for the team he goes to, Chico will do very well if played with another striker but if Atleti want him to lead the line I don't think it will work out very well unless they tailor the play completely to his main strength, instinctive finishing in the box

Sky Italia reporting that Vidal wants to leave (according to sources!)

#autorON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Those quotes from the Chilean manager earlier have been verified. He spoke with such decisiveness that he couldn't be talking out of his arse. That means we are in for Vidal, and have it all agreed, but LVG wants assurances of his fitness. Why hasn't this place gone into a gif-frenzy?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    #autorON

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Actually at 12.5 million I would be surprised if Dortmund don't go in for him, he is 25 and was a success over two seasons at Dortmund

taking him back for less than they let him go for would be a no brainer IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Those quotes from the Chilean manager earlier have been verified. He spoke with such decisiveness that he couldn't be talking out of his arse. That means we are in for Vidal, and have it all agreed, but LVG wants assurances of his fitness. Why hasn't this place gone into a gif-frenzy?

Sick from reading about it all summer I guess. It'd be a fantastic signing, don't get me wrong, but I'm finding it hard to be too excited that's been as drawn out as this has.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We don't want it to end with that knee causing pain...so we wait...and keep things measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

DID SOMEONE SAY GIF FRENZY!?

party-hard.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ElChe32 wrote: »
    DID SOMEONE SAY GIF FRENZY!?

party-hard.gif

Can't bate a rave in the woods :pac:

Arturo Vidal...heading Northwest to the Theatre of Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Apart from the obvious upsides to signing Vidal, I'd like it to happen to see the reaction of Adam Digby. His head would explode I'd say :D.

Wait until a bid goes in before going apeshít

Could have done himself some damage playing through injury at the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Time to say my goodbyes for a month?

Doubtful. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'd be very very very happy if we signed him but how many times have we heard good news about him this summer and turned out to be nothing. Prove me wrong please! Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Did your buddy who works in J.P Morgan tell you that?

• Advertisement

I'd be very very very happy if we signed him but how many times have we heard good news about him this summer and turned out to be nothing. Prove me wrong please! Ha.

I think it's different this time though Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

We have been on the beer and spent the night impressing a girl,all going well now as she is in the taxi with you bit you must not get too carried away as you still need to impress her more to get her knickers off in 30/40 mins time.......

We are now at this very important stage....

Did your buddy who works in J.P Morgan tell you that?

Nope, he just told me that we'd sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Can't bate a rave in the woods :pac:

If you had a babe you could :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rebeve wrote: »
    If you had a babe you could :)

There's always babes at raves...always...

• Advertisement

D7J0RtJ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does the United thread have a fantasy football league? Does anyone have the code to join?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

da503d1ca1.gif

Every transfer saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Don't know if this has been posted already. It gets better every time I watch it.

A Super Bowl winner and Hall of Famer getting this excited about an autograph. Makes me feel normal about when I get autographs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I think it's different this time though Ted.

Ha ha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We may gain Vidal, but we've lost Bébé. Show some respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

DDG
    Jones Smalling Evans
    Rafael Vidal Herrera Shaw
    Mata
    RVP Rooney​

Oh my God

Matt-Hughes.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

billyhead wrote: »
    DDG
    Jones Smalling Evans
    Mata
    RVP Rooney​

Oh my God

Would you(and others) be happy with that defence for a full season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

a-bubble-in-mid-burst_20120403102425.jpg

Hi sorry to burst your bubble but Vidal is now 3.5 to one to join United.
    He was less than evens.
    If you believe these rumours then go bet, if you don't the market has a lot less confidence in it happening so its looking less likely.

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    DDG
    Jones Smalling Evans
    Mata
    RVP Rooney​

I can't see that midfield working, if we sign Vidal it will probably be Carrick and Vidal with Mata ahead and Ander being used as a squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

MagicIRL wrote: »
    We may gain Vidal, but we've lost Bébé. Show some respect.

Stop reminding me!

Jim-Carrey-Be-Strong-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Probably should add a lot of this was in zones Liverpool were happy to let us have it

Yes, very true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

He was less than evens.
    If you believe these rumours then go bet, if you don't the market has a lot less confidence in it happening so its looking less likely.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/09/1373605/leading-bookmaker-slashes-odds-on-franck-ribery-joining

He was less than evens.

When he was odds on, the naysayers were claiming that it was meaningless.

Now that he's odds against, the naysayers are claiming that it means something.

You can't have it both ways.

He was less than evens.

Looks like somebody needs an education on how bookies work.

Looks like somebody needs an education on how bookies work.

Please educate me!
    I am fully aware that they often underprice the odds to make a frenzy or a false appearance of something happening, the fact that the highest available odds have lengthened so much is certainly indicative of information in the market to the contrary of him signing.

If you were to follow the tone of this thread where people are starting to believe that it is likely then the given odds are very generous that is my point.
    I am not saying it is not going to happen I am just saying that there is value in the market currently if you are of the belief that it is likely to occur.

Please educate me!
    I am fully aware that they often underprice the odds to make a frenzy or a false appearance of something happening, the fact that the highest available odds have lengthened so much is certainly indicative of information in the market to the contrary of him signing.

If you were to follow the tone of this thread where people are starting to believe that it is likely then the given odds are very generous that is my point.
    I am not saying it is not going to happen I am just saying that there is value in the market currently if you are of the belief that it is likely to occur.

Rumour emerges that Vidal is wanted by United. Punters start betting on Vidal to United. Bookies cut odds for Vidal to move so they don't lose money.

Rumour emerges that Vidal is happy at Juve. Punters bet on Vidal staying at Juve. Bookies up the odds on Vidal to United and lower odds on him staying so they don't lose money.

This goes back and fourth, back and fourth until Paddy Power and his buddies have made a rake of cash on fools with the Daily Mail in hand.

I don't listen to odds...but odds checker shows 3/4 of bookies offering odds on him to United are well below evens (1/10, 1/4 and 1/5). Only one has 7/2 and don't know why there is a massive divergence there.

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/football-specials/arturo-vidal/club-after-summer-transfer-window

• Advertisement

Rumour emerges that Vidal is wanted by United. Punters start betting on Vidal to United. Bookies cut odds for Vidal to move so they don't lose money.

Rumour emerges that Vidal is happy at Juve. Punters bet on Vidal staying at Juve. Bookies up the odds on Vidal to United and lower odds on him staying so they don't lose money.

This goes back and fourth, back and fourth until Paddy Power and his buddies have made a rake of cash on fools with the Daily Mail in hand.

Ah, yes you make a good point,
    My gut still tells me that the huge swing by the three bookies on oddschecker is noteworthy i.e. more than them just covering their book, they would have had to take very large bets on Juve to not be able to cover them in the interbookie market etc. but maybe they did just screw themselves.

Thanks for your input though , here I thought I knew how everything worked, smacked down to earth!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement