Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing this windows 8 toolbar thing..

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

this ****er is driving me crazy... surley some way to remove it or stop it showing up when I hover my mouse over an exact spot for 2 seconds?

screenshot below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type 'regedit' and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor and go to following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\

2. Under ImmersiveShell key, create a new key EdgeUI.

3. Now select newly created key "EdgeUI" and in right-side pane, create a new DWORD DisableCharmsHint and set its value to 1

4. You'll not need to log off or restart the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

degsie wrote: »
    1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type 'regedit' and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor and go to following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\

2. Under ImmersiveShell key, create a new key EdgeUI.

3. Now select newly created key "EdgeUI" and in right-side pane, create a new DWORD DisableCharmsHint and set its value to 1

4. You'll not need to log off or restart the system.

installing steam and itunes, ill give it a go after that and hope that it works

Edit: it didn't work :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It's the "Charm" bar. Make sure your on Windows 8.1 and have all the updates then try this. Should work but I have not tried it as the charms don't bother me, hope it helps

Nick

Advertisement