Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register my mobile phone.

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I am about to throw the laptop out the window.
    I want to change my postal address with BOI.
    There are two of us here, we have spent well over an hour trying to navigate through the 365 site. I have had to sign in numerous times, getting more annoyed each time.
    In "Help and Support" a search for "Register my mobile phone" or "Activate my mobile phone" or other word combinations yield absolutely nothing of any use. I have clicked along endless links trying to find out how to do this. So far the best I have found is in "manage accounts" where it tells me I need a code to activate my phone, but then I hit a dead end.
    My friend thinks it's hilarious because he's with AIB and doesn't have these problems. He has pointed out that it would be quicker to drop into AIB tomorrow and just hand it over to their switching team. This is exactly what I'm going to do if I haven't made progress with this by 5pm tomorrow. 
    Could somebody please tell me how to register my phone so I can get the code so I can change my address? Seriously, does it have to be this longwinded and difficult?
    I am really frustrated and annoyed about this, and unfortunately those are feelings I increasingly associate with BOI. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi beveragelady,

Thank you for contacting us on boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you experienced difficulty in navigating our Website.

There are two possible ways to amend your address. If you hold a sole account and currently have your mobile phone registered to receive activation codes, you can complete a change of address request online via the Online Service Desk. Alternatively, it is possible to complete a "Notification of Change of Detail" form and return to your account holding branch. Once received by your branch this request, will be processed within 7 working days. Please see here for more information on both of these processes and for access to our Change of Detail Form.

Should you wish to register your mobile with us please see here for a detailed description on how to do this.

We hope this information is of benefit to you, we will certainly ensure the feedback you have posted above regarding our Website is passed on to our Web Development Team for review.

If we can offer you any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Hi beveragelady,

Thank you for contacting us on boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you experienced difficulty in navigating our Website.

There are two possible ways to amend your address. If you hold a sole account and currently have your mobile phone registered to receive activation codes, you can complete a change of address request online via the Online Service Desk. Alternatively, it is possible to complete a "Notification of Change of Detail" form and return to your account holding branch. Once received by your branch this request, will be processed within 7 working days. Please see here for more information on both of these processes and for access to our Change of Detail Form.

Should you wish to register your mobile with us please see here for a detailed description on how to do this.

We hope this information is of benefit to you, we will certainly ensure the feedback you have posted above regarding our Website is passed on to our Web Development Team for review.

If we can offer you any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C
    No response at all to the observation that the help section on the website is effectively unsearchable?
    Anyway.
    I followed the link in your response and got to this. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Log in to 365 online and select Manage Accounts from the left-hand menu. Choose the 'Get Security Codes by Mobile Phone' option and you will be guided through the registration process. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]For security reasons, the status of your mobile phone remains inactive until you activate it on 365 online by entering a security code. This security code will be automatically posted to you once the registration of your mobile phone is completed.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Tip: See our 365 Demo for directions on how to register your mobile.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no "Get security codes by mobile phone" option. I tried "Activate my mobile phone" and hit the same dead end where it tells you you need a code and doesn't tell you how to register your phone. [/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seriously, I'm really annoyed about this now. I'm repeatedly stalled on the FIRST STEP of a three step process. This has taken a lot of my time, for something that should be fairly straight forward. [/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add to this that they want me to use the postal system when what I'm trying to do is change my postal address. If they ever send out the code to me, it will be a problem to get it as I'm no longer at that address. [/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To make that entirely clear, Bank of Ireland has over the years wasted a lot of my time. This is looking like the last straw. [/font][/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi beveragelady,

Our Help Centre can be accessed by clicking the blue Help Centre icon on the home page of our main website www.bankofireland.com and then clicking 'View all queries'. You can then select the relevant product section from the list on the left hand side of the screen. Our Web Team are currently reviewing how the search function on our website works with a view to making this more user friendly. 

As mentioned by Paula, to submit an address change online, it is necessary to have your mobile phone registered to receive security codes. As you do not have this in place, you will need to print the Change of Personal Details form which can be accessed on the link provided in Paula's reply. The form will need to be returned to your account holding branch. 

After your address has been updated, you will then be able to complete the process of activating your mobile to receive security codes.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi beveragelady,

Our Help Centre can be accessed by clicking the blue Help Centre icon on the home page of our main website www.bankofireland.com and then clicking 'View all queries'. You can then select the relevant product section from the list on the left hand side of the screen. Our Web Team are currently reviewing how the search function on our website works with a view to making this more user friendly. 

As mentioned by Paula, to submit an address change online, it is necessary to have your mobile phone registered to receive security codes. As you do not have this in place, you will need to print the Change of Personal Details form which can be accessed on the link provided in Paula's reply. The form will need to be returned to your account holding branch. 

After your address has been updated, you will then be able to complete the process of activating your mobile to receive security codes.

Thanks
    Tara
    Ok. So you're just going to go in circles. Well, thanks for telling me that I need to register my phone. Did you notice the title of the thread? Nothing in your reply comes close to addressing my problem. 

Just got off the phone with a member of AIB switching team. I have an appointment for 2:20 today. I think you can safely blame this one on your web team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi beveragelady,

We are sorry if you found our responses unhelpful, our aim here is to assist customers with their queries as best we can. As your original query was in relation to amending your address and registering your mobile, we providing you with this information along with helpful links on how to do this. As you mentioned, your mobile is not currently registered with us therefore, it will be necessary to complete the Notification of Change of Detail form.

Apologies again if our responses were not of benefit to you, we will certainly take your feedback on board regarding the search function on our website and pass onto our Web Development Team.

We hope you will continue to bank with us in the future.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement

I asked you how to register my phone, not how to amend my address. Amending my address would have been the final step in this torturous process, but we won't get that far.
    The instructions I was given did not work. 
    When I reported this you told me that I need to register my phone, as if I hadn't realised this.
    In your last message you informed me that my mobile is not registered with you as though this was, again, news. This gives me the unsettling impression that one of us hasn't been paying attention. You used the adjective 'helpful' to describe the links. This confirms my suspicion that you don't know what 'help' is. 
    Your 'Help' centre is neither navigable nor searchable.
    Your answers are unhelpful. Your mildly defensive tone is laughable.
    Your final statement, "We hope you will continue to bank with us in the future" will make me laugh all the way to another bank. 

Advertisement