Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel to Carrick on Shannon from Hudson Bay Hotel Athlone

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anyone able to tell me whats the quickest way of getting from Hudson Bay hotel Athlone to Carrick on Shannon - looking at the bus eireann website it looks about 3 or 4 hours - could that be right? Would a taxi be mad money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

By car it takes about 1 hour 15mins or less

What you are looking at would involve 2 buses as there is no direct route hence the length of time you saw.

Another option might be to try and get a bus to Longford and then get a train or bus from there. Trains and buses from there to Carrick would be more frequent.

If you are considering a taxi PM me and I will ask a taxi firm here in Carrick to quote on collecting you.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

shamu2new wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me whats the quickest way of getting from Hudson Bay hotel Athlone to Carrick on Shannon - looking at the bus eireann website it looks about 3 or 4 hours - could that be right? Would a taxi be mad money?

http://getthere.ie/athlone-carrickonshannon/

2 and a half hours if you leave at 14.40 thats according to todays date anyway it might be different other days. Friday has one at 19.20 that'll have you there in 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

Thanks that's great info - got sorted out - bus wasn't too bad.

Advertisement