Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero to hero.

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi guys so just taught I'd post my experiences here for some feedback, advice and hopefully support.

So before this my diet was pretty awful. Ate what I wanted when I wanted and drank far too much than would be considered healthy. I went to try on a few suits and none of them would fit me so this was my main motivation of cutting down, losing some weight and getting back in shape. I'm 25 year old male and 5'10 in height.

Started at the gym on 27th June.
    Weight - 13 stone 7 pounds
    Body fat - 21.5%
    Waist size - 34 (tight)

The lads in the gym have been brilliant so far. They have made out a workout programme for me which is a full body workout with 15 minutes cardio at the end of the workout. I try and get into gym three times a week.

My diet for the last few weeks has been the following:
    Breakfast: porridge or scrambled eggs
    Lunch: chicken salad
    Diner: one meat, veg and few baby boils.
    I intend to replace my breakfast with a protein shake on the recommendation of the guys in the gym in the next few days.

Anyways went into gym yesterday and got my stats done.
    Weight: 13 stone
    Body fat: 17%
    Waist size: 34 inches (comfortable fit)

I'm pretty happy with my progress so far but I'm going to try and log my food and on a more day to day basis and would welcome anyone's taughts or feedback on it. My goal would be to get my weight down to around 12 stone or so.

So far this week I've been for gym workout on Monday and went for a 4km run before run this morning.
    Food has been the same for both days.
    Brekafast: Protien shake (2 scoops)
    Small break: Coffee
    Lunch: Chicken salad
    Pre gym: Two bananas (Monday only)
    Dinner: Chicken rissoto.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

are you planning to race triathlons/duathlons or adventure racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Best of luck jemmyboy.

The key advice I was given for measuring progress is three things done once per week at the same time in the morning.

Resting Heart Rate - take your pulse
    Waist - measured around the bellybutton
    Weight.

Keep a record and you can see the results week after week.

As Trig says what are your plans or goals?

Advertisement