Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ah lads, this heat is taking the piss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

While last night wasn't as warm as the past couple of nights my cursing of this damn humidity was exacperated by hearing what appeared like every boyracer in Ireland using the motorway two fields away from my house as their own racetrack last night.

So basically a lad opens the window to keep himself cool but can't sleep cus of those damn scrotes being out in force.

I had a similar problem with leaving the windows open. Ear plugs were no use because then I wouldn't hear my morning alarm. Then realised that earbud headphones do almost as good a job at blocking out noise but the trailing cable means they are guaranteed to pull out of my ears while asleep before morning, thus I still hear the morning alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This heat is marvellous and long may it continue. I sleep in possibly the warmest house in Ireland but I don't care..... keep shining sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had a hoody on at work all day yesterday. Then went I went outside to get the bus home at 4.30 it was ROASTING. The aircon at work must be working well!

I like the heat. It is quite hot at night, but I just open the window..it's grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It was 27 here today, I was trying to clean the windows, bad idea. Had to stop every so often to wipe myself off :o

Wipe yourself off what? You'll never get the windows clean doing that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Bought a pool for the garden today.

Out in my shorts, eating a bowl of ice cream and browsing on Boards.....

I'm loving it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thank christ the water meters haven't come in yet - im after having my second shower after i just came from work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭adocholiday

The heat is killing me. For the first time ever I think, in my 27 years, I'm complaining about the heat. Well the humidity. I think a lot comes down to the fact that I am a really hairy fcuker and that makes me warmer and sweatier. Woke up numerous times last night and eventually had a blast of a cold shower at 3.30am to cool down. I also spent half of the day yesterday wandering around the office looking for empty meeting rooms in the office where I could go in and work with air con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The heat is killing me. For the first time ever I think, in my 27 years, I'm complaining about the heat. Well the humidity. I think a lot comes down to the fact that I am a really hairy fcuker and that makes me warmer and sweatier. Woke up numerous times last night and eventually had a blast of a cold shower at 3.30am to cool down. I also spent half of the day yesterday wandering around the office looking for empty meeting rooms in the office where I could go in and work with air con.

I'm a hairy bastard, too. Get an electric hair clippers to shave it all off. Your hair absorbs the sweat, which makes the smell of sweat linger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'm loving it. Taking tomorrow off and heading to the beach. Long may it continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Love the heat, can't get enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Where I live, the summers are always hot. If you want to keep the house cool during the hot weather, DON'T follow your instinct and open the windows during the day when it's hotter outside than inside, that'll just heat up the house. Keep the windows closed, and close curtains on the side of the house that the sun is shining on. Once the temp outside is cooler outside than inside, then open windows (at least two to get a current of air going).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can't deal with this heat, I feel faint and sleepy and dizzy and fed up all at once. I'm sitting on the bathroom floor because the tiles are freezing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

I'm waiting for the temperature to rise at least another 2° before I am willing to hit the beach and expose these testicles to the fraazing cold water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Where I live, the summers are always hot. If you want to keep the house cool during the hot weather, DON'T follow your instinct and open the windows during the day when it's hotter outside than inside, that'll just heat up the house. Keep the windows closed, and close curtains on the side of the house that the sun is shining on. Once the temp outside is cooler outside than inside, then open windows (at least two to get a current of air going).

It's too late for me, save yourselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

30c in our office in a small room with 2 other all of us are big hairy bastids hmmm can you smell the funk,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I prefer moving air through the house, must be funny like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard off the RTE weather from Evelyn Cusack that it is to be very wet in the northwest of Ireland with heavy rain and thunderstorms with temperatures of 15 to 17 degrees celsius for tonight.

According to my Bing Weather app, Dublin is getting 76% humidity at the moment with temperatures of 17 degrees celsius.

But Cork has the highest level of humidity with 90% at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Hardly a breeze out tonight, its nearly midnight and Dublin is at about 16C outside! Inside the house, it must be about 25C, how will I be able to sleep tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

It's so dam hot......milk was a bad choice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    If it's not warm, you're moaning about the rain and the snow.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

fussyonion wrote: »
    Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

HUMIDITY.

Anyway doesn't bother me, just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

No.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cocobubbles

I love the hot weather during the day, the night is a pain in the arse though. I live above a restaurant kitchen that opens till 12 every night.... At this rate il have sweated off two stone by August!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I can't f**king wait till the rain comes back, the colder the better.

Nib wrote: »
    No.

What's your point?

My point is it's at least ten-sometimes twenty degrees hotter in Spain at this time of year than the heat we're having in Ireland.
    People are always wishing for nice weather but now we have it, people are moaning.

And yes it's humid but that's what happens when you've got GLORIOUS WEATHER IN JULY!

My point is it's at least ten-sometimes twenty degrees hotter in Spain at this time of year than the heat we're having in Ireland.
    People are always wishing for nice weather but now we have it, people are moaning.

And yes it's humid but that's what happens when you've got GLORIOUS WEATHER IN JULY!

Yes but the humidity is also at like 30% whereas here it's 98%.
    If it was the same as Spain people would enjoy it most likely

What has Spain's climate got to do with ours? :confused:

People aren't all the same. I don't like this heat, it's too much. It's uncomfortable. 20 degrees during the day and 7 degrees at night would be perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Shower of moaners!

I'm there..it's great. 2 euro wine per bottle..mossies are a bitch though..ah wine..numbs the pain

• Advertisement

Yes but the humidity is also at like 30% whereas here it's 98%.
    If it was the same as Spain people would enjoy it most likely

Moan, whinge, moan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

Shower of moaners!

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?
    !
    ****ing dead right there..did ya see the temp in spain/portugal on tonights weather chart? 40 degrees , yes 40 ****ing degrees!!!!!can just imagine the whinging ***** on here trying to live there.L.M.F.A.O.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Don't forget the wasps. They have been a nightmare since the warm weather came in.

****ing dead right there..did ya see the temp in spain/portugal on tonights weather chart? 40 degrees , yes 40 ****ing degrees!!!!!can just imagine the whinging ***** on here trying to live there.L.M.F.A.O.:pac::pac:
    I'm pretty sure Spanish natives are well acclimatized to their weather.

Comparing two completely different climates is quite frankly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

If it was a tad warmer every day, it'd be perfect weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year:

1. Hot water bottle

2. Fill with cold water

3. Put in bed

= bliss

extreme circumstances:

2a. Put in freezer for a couple of hours

= Super mega bliss

• Advertisement

Moan, whinge, moan.

I'm giving you the reason people are moaning, I don't really care.

It's pointless and quite stupid to compare it to hotter temperatures in countries with different humidity levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Ah air conditioning in my fabalous house, hope u all fry :)

Tis freezing in my sitting room:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im thankful there are people here to tell us about the climate in other countries. Did you know the Sahara is very warm? If you are complaining anywhere else you dont know real heat! You think Ireland is wet and windy? There are countries that have a monsoon season!

In fact you shouldnt be complaining at all, there are people with far worse lives than you! Look at Ukraine and Syria and people are sitting here complaining about other people complaining. You dont know real problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Anyone tried using a "cold water bottle"?

Fill a hot water bottle with cold water and leave in the fridge for a while-maybe a couple of hours-take it to bed and place it on your pillow,the side of your face or the back of your neck.Keep a bottle of cold water in the fridge in case you need to fill the "cold water bottle" again.Twill keep you cool...tis what Ive been doin for the last few nights and I find it a great help-and dont bother with sheets or anythin.

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I hope the people complaining about those complaining about the heat don't complain in winter about the cold. Other places are colder sure! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

woodoo wrote: »
    Don't forget the wasps. They have been a nightmare since the warm weather came in.

The poor feckers are only out enjoying the sun, leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Im thankful there are people here to tell us about the climate in other countries. Did you know the Sahara is very warm? If you are complaining anywhere else you dont know real heat! You think Ireland is wet and windy? There are countries that have a monsoon season!

In fact you shouldnt be complaining at all, there are people with far worse lives than you! Look at Ukraine and Syria and people are sitting here complaining about other people complaining. You dont know real problems!

I accept that there are people way worse off than me in the world and I am thankful for everything I have.... I just like complaining!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have an ice pack on my forehead trying to cool down and get some sleep. It's humid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm Irish. I moved abroad to a hot country 2 years ago. I was the typical stereotype of kicking off the sheets and twisting and turning all night in warm weather. But once you acclimatise, this warm weather in Ireland is a piece of piss. I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks and while its nice weather, I'm under the duvet at night and sleeping soundly. A hot night to me is 25 celcius plus and 40 odd during the day. A cold night is 15 to 17. Jacket on when out and snuggle up at home.

However, it is amusing how we love to moan about the weather. In a couple of months it will be the wind, rain and freezing temps making the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Shower of moaners!

Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe some people don't enjoy hot weather and instead prefer the cold? Shocker I know. I can guarantee you'll be moaning and whinging when the rain and snow is back in a couple of months whereas some of us won't be. Enjoy the weather while it lasts and let the people who don't enjoy it have their moan ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Shower of moaners!

Why do you care if people don't like the heat? Just enjoy it.

And do you know that the same people who complain about the heat complain about the cold?

Oh and a lot of of people, myself included, avoid Spain in high summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I never complained about the cold. I love the cold.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Good god, us Irish are a shower of whingers.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm Irish. I moved abroad to a hot country 2 years ago. I was the typical stereotype of kicking off the sheets and twisting and turning all night in warm weather. But once you acclimatise, this warm weather in Ireland is a piece of piss. I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks and while its nice weather, I'm under the duvet at night and sleeping soundly. A hot night to me is 25 celcius plus and 40 odd during the day. A cold night is 15 to 17. Jacket on when out and snuggle up at home.

However, it is amusing how we love to moan about the weather. In a couple of months it will be the wind, rain and freezing temps making the news.

You acclimatised because you lived somewhere that allowed you to do so. Most others haven't done that.

cournioni wrote: »
    Good god, us Irish are a shower of whingers.

Whinging about "whingers". Oh the ironing. Well, proves your own point, I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement