Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying KJW M1911 MEU Gas Issues

• 23-07-2014 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have a question about my recently purchased KJ M1911 Green Gas MEU
    *This may be explained poorly*
    When I rack the slide back and pull the slide catch, the slide returns to its original position PERFECTLY,
    But when I go to gentle let the slide return to its origional postition WHILE holding onto the slide it stops and the only way to make it go back is a hard hit on the back or bring it back to the pull back position and then let it do a cycle (by itself without me holding it)

Is this normal?
    I use ABBEY Silicon Gun Oil 35 and it seems to shoot and cycle round perfectly.

Thanks,
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't affect the performance. It was the same on a pistol I used to have but it never affected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

It's called hammer bite and it's the blowback housing in the upper rear of the slide catching on the hammer "hump" so to speak. It's very common and a design feature of the 1911. It can be remedied but if the springs are the right strength you have nothing to worry about :)

Advertisement