Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to activate account

Options
  • 23-07-2014 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good morning, I have contacted BOI by email several times regarding my current account. I live in London and my branch is in Dublin Airport. I have moved address and didn't use my account for couple of years, now my account is inactive and I would like to activate it and withdraw the remaining money in my account. Could you advise me how I can do that.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi lalauk, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

Generally, to activate a dormant or inactive account it is necessary to present photo ID and proof of address at your account holding branch. Once the account is activated you can then request a transfer of funds from the account. 

As you are abroad at the moment and possibly unable to visit your branch in Dublin Airport, we would ask that you call the branch directly. A representative can then discuss the best course of action to assist you with retrieving the funds in the account.  

The contact details of your branch can be found here on our website. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement