Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pest/Bug - Anyone know what this is ?

• 23-07-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I've attached an image of what appeared in the kitchen over the wknd. Seems to have started from the dog biscuits.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's a key :D Or do you mean those tiny little dots? They're probably some kind of weevil / beetle if you think they came from the dog biscuits, but you'll need a much better photo to be able to identify them. Do you have a camera (a proper camera, not a phone) with a macro facility?

http://www.nomorepests.co.uk/storecupboardpests.html
    http://cms.walsall.gov.uk/index/environment/pest_control/biscuit_beetle.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

mites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The sesame seed things? Bog standard dust mite, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Seem to be flour mites.. A big cleanout on the cards..

Seem to be flour mites.. A big cleanout on the cards..

You can freeze flour/dog food/treats to kill them.. but the thought of eating the dead bodies freaks me out so I always dump anything that's got them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I would say flour mites too.

Oh forgot to say - we used to have big problems with them and regularly had to throw out bags of flour. We stopped leaving it in the paper bags and used airtight jars and haven't had a problem since. Odlums are now doing the flour in storage boxes which would help minimise them as well.

Advertisement