Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wont allow us to cancel our account

Options
  • 23-07-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

My wife has rung 4 times over the past 4 weeks trying to cancel our Eircom account.

Each time she is told that the system is down and to try again.

It may be that she is incredibly unlucky. How can we cancel our account (we dont use the landline any more).

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gheadphone wrote: »
    My wife has rung 4 times over the past 4 weeks trying to cancel our Eircom account.

It may be that she is incredibly unlucky. How can we cancel our account (we dont use the landline any more).

Strange. I cancelled an account with them a couple of weeks ago.
    No problem except for the usual attempt to keep it.
    Took about 10 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Gheadphone

I'm very sorry to hear this, to cancel your account please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901, When asked please enter your landline number then choose option 2 when prompted and then choose option 4 to move house or cancel a service and then option 2 to remove a service.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

Hey Alan. 

Thanks for the response. Is that service automated?

Hey Alan. 

Thanks for the response. Is that service automated?

No worries Gheadphone

The system and route of options I have advised are presented by an automated system however if you follow these options you will get through to an agent based in Dublin who will be able to assist with your account cancellation.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

Ah that was the issue we have had 4 times Alan.

What other avenue do we have to cancel (i dont want to have to go to a regulator/ombudsman for something this minor).

• Advertisement

Ah that was the issue we have had 4 times Alan.

What other avenue do we have to cancel (i dont want to have to go to a regulator/ombudsman for something this minor).

Hi Gheadphone

This is the only avenue to cancel - if you follow the options I detailed you will get through - Alternatively just keep pressing # until the automated voice says "if this concludes your call simply hang up or to speak with a member of the customer care team just press 0" – when you hear that press the number 0 on your phone and this will get you straight on to an agent who will then pass you to cancellations.

Al

Advertisement