Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest place to eat in tralee

Options
  • 23-07-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

myself and the misses are celebrating our anniversary sunday and i am wondering where is the nicest place to eat in tralee? i am used of killarney which kind of has me spoilt but i dont really know many nice places in tralee, i know we went to cassidies before but found it to be overpriced for what we got.
    I was thinking ballyseedy castle might be something different but has anyone eaten there?
    any recommendations would be appreciated guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Finnegins in Denny Street is really nice. they have an early bird all nite for 22.50 and its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Henwin wrote: »
    Finnegins in Denny Street is really nice. they have an early bird all nite for 22.50 and its lovely.

+1

Also, The Stonehouse on the square is very nice and reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Cassidy's is well worth a visit too, great Spanish chef who adds a bit of a twist of his homeland to the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

Ballyseede Castle is very nice, the menu is small but it is quality. D'Arcy's Bistro and Spa Seafoods are also very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

My favourite place to eat in Tralee is O'Donnells out in Mounthawk. Ive heard some people say its "gone down" lately but on the other hand I find it one of the most consistently good restaurants in Tralee. Great food, inexpensive, very nice inside. Also a great place for a pint after a walk over the fat mile.

Within the town itself you cant go wrong with Cassidys or if youre up for a tasty, hearty meal without any of the fancy shíte then head to Rays loaded Lunches on Rock st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Ya i was in O' Donnells in mounthawk on Sunday. Really nice food at very reasonable prices. Nice crowd in there too.
    The roast house in Denny street is nice as Well the Imperial Hotel.
    Manor West hotel is really nice too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

myself and the misses are celebrating our anniversary sunday and i am wondering where is the nicest place to eat in tralee? i am used of killarney which kind of has me spoilt but i dont really know many nice places in tralee, i know we went to cassidies before but found it to be overpriced for what we got.
    I was thinking ballyseedy castle might be something different but has anyone eaten there?
    any recommendations would be appreciated guys

where did you end up going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    where did you end up going?

Jimmy Greasy's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ballyseedy castle, absolutely beautiful spot, food was amazing, setting was amazing and the staff where amazing, drink in the bar was a little pricey but it was worth it, definite thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Jimmy Greasy's

that also would have been an excellent choice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement