Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements for setting up a new account

Options
  • 23-07-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

I'm looking to set up a current account, what details would i need to bring into the bank. I'm currently in between passports at the moment, would BOI accept an expired passport as photo ID?

What other documents would i need?

Kenno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Kenno90

Thanks for your query today and your interest in opening a new account with us.

To open the account, we will need photo identification, either passport or driving licence. Sorry, we cannot accept an expired passport. We will also need a recent utility bill within the last 3 months as proof of address. 

Our Account Opening Team here will be more than happy to help open the account for you today. They will also reconfirm the identification documents required and arrange an appointment for you with the branch of your choice.

We hope this information helps. Thanks again for your interest. If we can assist you further, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement