Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lisbon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Just be careful if out late at night in Lisbon and make sure to get a taxi back to where you are staying. There are a lot of dodgy characters around who'll try to mug lost-looking tourists, as I discovered on my last trip there.

Funnily enough I found the total opposite. I found it to be a very safe city, even after midnight when I had a few drinks on me and I was going back to my hostel alone. Perhaps I was just lucky (and the fact I'm 6ft6" probably helped!) but I definitely felt a lot safer in Lisbon after dark than a lot of other cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I also found it safe myself from my own experiences. However on a recent trip a friend of mine took a good hiding going back to his hostel alone after drinking by 4 guys who tried to rob him, left him in not great shape all be it all superficial injuries.

I think in any major European city is caution is advised in the early hours and as long as you are aware of your surroundings and don't walk around looking like that lost sheep tourist and avoid the dimly lit back streets, of which there are a few in Lisbon then you should be ok..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've been traveling to Lisbon for the last 15 years and never had any problems regarding safety.
    In that time I've gone into a lot of the residential areas where normal tourists just don't go.
    As with every city, don't leave your brain in Dublin airport but on the whole it's a safe city.

Advertisement