Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security Monitored Alarm etc.

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting my house setup with monitored alarms cameras the whole thing. I can see phonewatch are offering camera and monitored alarm systems. Just wondering what companies people would recommend for both reliability and price.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

IMHO you would be better off asking here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

I would not recommend PhoneWatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

nastros wrote: »
    I am looking at getting my house setup with monitored alarms cameras the whole thing. I can see phonewatch are offering camera and monitored alarm systems. Just wondering what companies people would recommend for both reliability and price.

Monitor it yourself,my alarm system phones the first ten numbers I program into it,so if i do not answer it ,it will ring the next contact on the list, when alarm is activated it rings my phone,it says Intruder Intruder,or if smoke alarms go off is says Fire Fire,or whatever you wish to record yourself, if you have an I Phone etc. you can log on to you cameras and scan the house. Phone watch does the same thing except they call you or guards, but your own response would be much quicker(and cheaper and more reliable). Plenty of home alarms out there very reasonable

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

nastros wrote: »

Shop around.
    Any PSA licenced company can offer & provide you with monitoring. You also need to compare what different systems do. The majority of systems give you perimeter protection via inertia shock sensors & open close contacts. This gives you the extra security of activating your alarm when someone tries to gain entry. PiR systems link Phonewatch only activate after someone in in your property. By then the damage is done.
    All good systems now provide apps that can give you remote control of the system or monitoring via push notifications or emails. If you are looking at this form of self-monitoring again beware & shop around. Most apps and IP connections are free to use, but there are some who would try and charge you for apps & for connection via an annual subscription.
    My advice is always get 3 quotes & compare like with like.

Advertisement