Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision remote and other questions

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi, so, we have eVision for the past few months and its a good service in my area so thats grand, but I have noticed that there is a dip in sound or cracking after the box is on for 3 or more hours each day, gets annoying for my alzheimer's father to understand, is there a reason for this?

Also, we have lost one of our remotes, how do I go about getting a new one? Charges, how long does it take etc?

And another stupid question, but is there anyway we can re-arrange the channels? They are all over the place, BBC and Channel 4 etc are loads of channels away but silly channels like Dave Quest TLC MTV are after the Irish channels. Can you help with this at all please, just to make life a tiny bit easier.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, so, we have eVision for the past few months and its a good service in my area so thats grand, but I have noticed that there is a dip in sound or cracking after the box is on for 3 or more hours each day, gets annoying for my alzheimer's father to understand, is there a reason for this?

Also, we have lost one of our remotes, how do I go about getting a new one? Charges, how long does it take etc?

And another stupid question, but is there anyway we can re-arrange the channels? They are all over the place, BBC and Channel 4 etc are loads of channels away but silly channels like Dave Quest TLC MTV are after the Irish channels. Can you help with this at all please, just to make life a tiny bit easier.

Hi readyletsgo

Unfortunately there is no way to directly manage or re-arrange the location of channels however I will pass your feedback to evision operations.

A new remote costs €10 call and to request one please contact technical support on 1890260260.

Please also raise the sound issues with technical support - this should definitely not be occurring, apologies for the inconvenience caused to your father as I'm sure that must be frustrating however technical support should be able to find a resolution.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hi readyletsgo

Unfortunately there is no way to directly manage or re-arrange the location of channels however I will pass your feedback to evision operations.

A new remote costs €10 call and to request one please contact technical support on 1890260260.

Please also raise the sound issues with technical support - this should definitely not be occurring, apologies for the inconvenience caused to your father as I'm sure that must be frustrating however technical support should be able to find a resolution.

Thanks
    Al
    Cool, thanks for the reply, yeah I couldnt find any settings to move channels around, would be a handy thing to have. I'll give the Tech Support a ring tonight and order a new remote and see what the problem is with the sound, thought it might have something to do with the tv coming through the internet box.

Thanks!

Hi readyletsgo

Thanks
    Al
    Cool, thanks for the reply, yeah I couldnt find any settings to move channels around, would be a handy thing to have. I'll give the Tech Support a ring tonight and order a new remote and see what the problem is with the sound, thought it might have something to do with the tv coming through the internet box.

Thanks!
    Hi readyletsgo

Support close at 10pm so there's plenty of time, in my own personal experience I've noticed loose wires and cables can cause sound issues so it's best to make sure everything is plugged in as tight as possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Oh yeah, I've checked the wires and unpluged it all etc.

It just seems to crackle in sound after a few hours, turn it off and on again and it goes back to normal for another 3 or so hours agian. the second box in the other room never drops out or crackles with the sound, but thats not the main box.

Cheers though, I'll report the problem to them and see what they say.

:)

Oh yeah, I've checked the wires and unpluged it all etc.

It just seems to crackle in sound after a few hours, turn it off and on again and it goes back to normal for another 3 or so hours agian. the second box in the other room never drops out or crackles with the sound, but thats not the main box.

Cheers though, I'll report the problem to them and see what they say.

:)
    Thanks readyletsgo

To me it Sounds like the box itself but best have tech support look in to this :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement