Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private nursing home

Options
  • 23-07-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

Would anyone know of any private nursing homes in Cork City/county? Preferably high quality ones which cater exclusively (or almost exclusively) for people with dementia.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnnyDun

St.Lukes Home in Mahon who to the best of my knowledge have a unit for alzheimers/dementia patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I would suggest Sarsfield's Court, they gave me mother the best of care when she was there several years ago suffering from Alzheimers, re the above mentioned home, we got a spell of respite there at one stage, went down one day to find she was missing from her room, when I found her she was black and blue after been hit by another patient in the unit, she was very distressed, poor woman, hard to believe it but its true

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Haven Bay in Kinsale has a unit devoted specifically to Alzheimers upstairs. I haven't been in the actual unit as we just visit the open plan part. The staff that I have met there are lovely. The home also have a doctors' surgery next door who do very regular visits which is re-assuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

Thanks all - really appreciate your help. I'll get onto these places and do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Brookfield care centre near Carrigtwohill also has an alzheimers/dementia unit. Meant to be very good. Place I used to work in referred people there if they went beyond what that home could cope with in terms of facilities and security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Brookfield care centre near Carrigtwohill also has an alzheimers/dementia unit. Meant to be very good. Place I used to work in referred people there if they went beyond what that home could cope with in terms of facilities and security.

My dad was in Brookfield for almost two years. It was excellent and I would highly recommend it. It's a tough situation to be in and a good home definitely makes it easier.

Advertisement