Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications "Officer"

• 23-07-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Dear Camara,

I love the work you do, so please take this as a constructive criticism.

I noticed you had a Jobsbridge internship listed under the title "Communications Officer". As an unemployed communications professional with 20+ years experience who can't find work - and wouldn't qualify for this position because I have yet to be "approved" for Social Welfare - can you at least have the dignity to call it a "Communications Intern"? It's hard enough seeing our jobs being downgraded to sub-minimum-wage, but it doesn't help when you use our titles.

Kind regards,

Dublinjoe

Camara seeks Communications Officer (JobBridge): Based in Dublin. The intern will maximise Camara's presence on social media platforms engaging with supporters, influencers and potential donors. They will drive Camara’s public relations strategy to increase brand awareness and highlight Camara’s activities in Africa, Ireland, Haiti and Jamaica. Closing date: 25 July.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Nice. :) Did you sent it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

At least it wasn't "Senior Communications Officer". I'm beginning to see these senior roles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Here's an example:

http://www.dole.ie/cache/job/4338953

What a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

This is unbelievable, I hadn't looked at jobsbridge in ages.

I'm finding it impossible to recruit a marketing manager and 3 sales people. These are real jobs!

Is everyone applying for jobsbridge??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Yep. Places either want 5+ years experience or they consider social media marketing to be something anyone with a Facebook account can manage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement