Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting to really hate Windows 8!

Options
  • 23-07-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Is there anyone else as sick as Windows 8 as I am?? Every time it does an update on my Toshiba Satellite there seems to be a fault or a bug afterwards, I foolishly let it update to 8.1 a couple of months ago and that was an utter disaster, lost the use of a lot of my apps and programs, managed to get it rolled back to 8 again and get my apps etc back in use and back to normality after a lot of hassle. Now it seems every time it does an automatic update to 8, something is left not working afterwards, the latest is my sound is now completely gone. I'm seriously sick of 8 at this stage, its not a patch on 7 from what I can see. And just to rub salt in the wound its constantly asking me if I'd like to update to 8.1 again! Anyone else having the same frustrations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Have to say I was dubious at first since I didn't like Microsoft trying to force a tablet UI onto my laptop, but ClassicShell solved that problem and I've pretty much nothing but good things to say about Windows 8 after that. It seems to be lighter weight than Windows 7 and I haven't run in to any errors or crashes at all in the few months since I upgraded.

Crazy that we've had such polarised experiences!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Is there anyone else as sick as Windows 8 as I am?? Every time it does an update on my Toshiba Satellite there seems to be a fault or a bug afterwards, I foolishly let it update to 8.1 a couple of months ago and that was an utter disaster, lost the use of a lot of my apps and programs, managed to get it rolled back to 8 again and get my apps etc back in use and back to normality after a lot of hassle. Now it seems every time it does an automatic update to 8, something is left not working afterwards, the latest is my sound is now completely gone. I'm seriously sick of 8 at this stage, its not a patch on 7 from what I can see. And just to rub salt in the wound its constantly asking me if I'd like to update to 8.1 again! Anyone else having the same frustrations??

It's a lot better at 8.1. Hmmm.. did you update the drivers or considered it a hardware fault? Toshiba aren't known for excellent build quality.

Advertisement