Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A3 National Championships 2014

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I was in that front bunch final time up the climb and felt like the limerick rider was driving it given it was tough hanging on and he was in the wind! At the time I felt whoever is putting the hammer down on the front will have nothing for the finish and that's how it played out, given he is a climber I think he had no choice and was a good move and certainly burned off most of the bigger sprinters.

It was an interesting course and finish with most at breaking point before the sprint started.

The pace up the climb every other time was very controlled and expected it to be a lot tougher especially the first few times, I think the headwind was a factor as most were not willing to go into the red on the climb into the headwind.

Only gripes would be advertising in the race book no oncoming traffic and we meet cars at the most dangerous spot on the course. Also the backed up and oncoming traffic before the final climb was ridiculous at a key point in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sheepfield

Right: 3 days later and still no full results that I am aware of for any of the 4 national championship events. Whats going on? Do CI not have some responsibility here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seidenspinner

Think these are the results, poor show they haven't been posted anywhere

1. S Lambert (Wexford)
    2. P McKenna (Emyvale)
    3. D Reid (Newry)
    4. M Vereker (Tiernans)
    5. P Horan (iBike)
    6. S O' Callaghan (Naas)
    7. C Dillon (Limerick)
    8. J McGreevey (Westport)
    9. R Gallagher(Tiernans)
    10. ?????????

Team Prize (Tiernans)

Rode the race myself and wasn't in the least bit surprised how the race panned out. I think it's unfair to say the racing was negative as the wind completely dictated the race. It was suicide for your average A3 rider to attack on the climb as the headwind was a killer and the tailwind on the back section meant it was extremely fast and difficult to get away. Had the wind been the opposite then I think a break def would have been successful. You can't compare the A3 race to the Junior race as that was basically an A1 level race. Thought the Limerick lad that drove it last time up the climb did what he had to do to get a result so fair play to him, strongest rider in the race in my opinion. That's not to take anything away from the winner who rode very smart and had the nous and strength to pull it off, chapeau. Thought the climb was a great addition to the course but hated the descent, surface was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

I think it's unfair to say the racing was negative as the wind completely dictated the race. It was suicide for your average A3 rider to attack on the climb as the headwind was a killer and the tailwind on the back section meant it was extremely fast and difficult to get away.

this!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Think these are the results, poor show they haven't been posted anywhere

1. S Lambert (Wexford)
    2. P McKenna (Emyvale)
    3. D Reid (Newry)
    4. M Vereker (Tiernans)
    5. P Horan (iBike)
    6. S O' Callaghan (Naas)
    7. C Dillon (Limerick)
    8. J McGreevey (Westport)
    9. R Gallagher(Tiernans)
    10. ?????????

10th went to Brendan Murphy (Dublin University Cycling Club [DUCC])

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Would love to know the average age of everyone in the Top 10

I'm 37, placed 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Would love to know the average age of everyone in the Top 10

I'm 37, placed 12th.

Easy - look up their UCI code on the Cycling Ireland rankings page. UCI code includes full DOB.

Cond0r wrote: »
    Easy - look up their UCI code on the Cycling Ireland rankings page. UCI code includes full DOB.

I take it back, they seem to have removed the UCI Code.

Cond0r wrote: »
    I take it back, they seem to have removed the UCI Code.

The archived version of this year's rankings still contain the UCI code, FWIW:
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/events/rider-rankings/archive-rankings

• Advertisement
Advertisement