Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

This phenomenon of bringing your baby into work for a look. There's 2 women here, who both have kids of their own, and the squealing out of them, you'd swear they had never seen a baby before. Everytime the baby did anything, there was a squeal.
    And then the baby being forced on you to hold.
    Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Ah sure in another couple of weeks there will be a grand stretch in the evening"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KKkitty wrote: »
    Not familiar with ios but does it automatically install apps when you change device?

Android does it too KK, but you have to set it up when you download the app the first time to allow the app to update automatically. That way when you sign in on a new device, your apps are downloaded automatically to the new device.

One of the reasons though why people leave it turned off on low end Android devices is because they don't have much storage, and over time as the apps get bigger, they don't cleanly uninstall the old versions and leave a lot of garbage files behind, clogging up the phone and slowing it down over time.

iOS and Windows Phone don't have this problem as they're pretty strict about app development standards, whereas Android is more driven by the ability to customise the hell out of it, which makes it a popular phone OS for anyone who wants to learn how to get started in development, but makes it a pain in the proverbial for end users!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A very messed up girl who used to be friends with my boyfriend (thus tolerating me) who then turned on me, hacked my facebook, posted vile things online about me and left mutual friends too afraid to talk to me incase she did the same to them, started a tumblr account, has pretty much became an Internet sensation not condoning the very thing that made her hate me so much.

She has all these posts, all these followers who think she's amazing - and I'm sitting here, thinking about how that bitch left me too afraid to even go out in my own town, how her and my own "friend" bonded at that time in joint efforts to ruin my life. Mail my family on facebook saying vile disgusting things. And now she's talking to others about acceptance and being kind to each other? GTFO.

Resisting all urges to go absolutely nuclear on her but I would rather do it to her face, rather than behind a computer. She was never ever brave enough to confront me or run her hate campaign in person.

I'm so angry. Fraud,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

A very messed up girl...

It would be a holy Cheeses terror if the NSA wandered across forged email from her...

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've said it before and I'll say it again, vintage Dr Who. Mr Pumpkinseeds is a bit of a Dr Who anorak and is currently watching an episode so old it has Sylvester whatever his name is as the Doctor. I can just about tolerate the current Dr Who, if I focus on him as Malcom Tucker from the Thick of It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I work Monday to Saturday.

Since you're willing to work six days, can I pencil you in for our new superstore that will only be open Monday to Saturday?

We are on page 666

Armegeddon outa here

This phenomenon of bringing your baby into work for a look. There's 2 women here, who both have kids of their own, and the squealing out of them, you'd swear they had never seen a baby before. Everytime the baby did anything, there was a squeal.
    And then the baby being forced on you to hold.
    Yawn.

I feel a volcanic reage erupting inside me just being reminded of this. And let's not forget all the jokes - "is he here for training?"/ "they're starting them younger all the time". I said this before but the issue really is not the act itself, it's the fact that it happens over and over and over every time someone new walks past. If we got all the cooing and gooing and work evasion and general hysteria surrounding the miracle birth over and done with in ten minutes, at least you could take your break then or something. but no, two hours later there'll be more people trickling in with their oohs and aahs.

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I feel a volcanic reage erupting inside me just being reminded of this. And let's not forget all the jokes - "is he here for training?"/ "they're starting them younger all the time"...

"Silence, carbon-based incubation unit. The CEO requires fresh <harrumph> material." :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    We are on page 666

Armegeddon outa here

Page 250 :pac:

Surprised at the baby thing. visits here are in reception only and whoever wants to go out can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Am getting more than trivially annoyed at the persitant fecking hammering going on in this terrace week after week after week. They just never seem to stop doing DIY or having work men in to do something. One of the neighbours spent hours chipping concrete away to put in a raised bed on Saturday:confused:

TA'd that I've never had the last post on a TTTAY thread :(

I love the last word...

TA'd that I've never had the last post on a TTTAY thread :(

I love the last word...

Go on, have the last word....

Go on, have the last word....

Zyzzyva. There! :D

• Advertisement

I love the last word...

...last word...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

People queuing up to post how much they're giving to charity. Vulgarity at its finest.

Why can't people just quietly donate? Oh that's right. Nobody will know about it and you won't get any 'thanks'. :rolleyes:

last...

...last word...

nearly there............

• Advertisement

...word

nearly there............

feck off you! :)

go on

Does it have to be 10k exact?

go on

Eisenberg! :eek:

You are TA'ing me now!

Flight socks!

er...buses!

Last word...

Phlump!

• Advertisement

lol onw

Aul wans in flight socks on buses!

Buses that disappear off RTI!

People who take the seat beside you even when others are free!

ONW, I think you want the last word, do you?

Bints with Nolans bags who shuffle...onto buses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Imagine if it got locked right now

Tits! Vibraphone! Grunties!! Wankel Rotary Engine!!!

We're over ten thousand now.... stop the madness!:mad:

Does it have to be 10k exact?

No

• Advertisement

The wheels on the bus go around and around...

No

f.uck

The mods will probably just watch us, cackling, and refuse to close it....

I hate other people's children :D

The mods will probably just watch us, cackling, and refuse to close it....

G'wan, have it. I withdraw.

They're taking screen shots for training purposes...

• Advertisement

G'wan, have it. I withdraw.

So soon? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I hate other people's children :D

ikOiq.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Morons who announce on Facebook that they're currently "live tweeting" some everyday event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yikes, that went quick. New thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93356143

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement