Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Waiting on a package to be delivered. Bet the minute I am gone out of the house the magic van will arrive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When someone else's piss splashes back on to you. Makes me feel sick :(

Or from the puddle that has formed if you are near the drain end, or from someone elses pee that is traversing the trough whilst mid pee and its a you and stranger 'splash back ultimate combo'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

People who stand in doorways

GET OUT ME WAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who stand in doorways

GET OUT ME WAY!

An electric cattle prod should be legal in these instances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Those blooming awful taps that spray water all over you when all you wanted to do was wash your hands. Grrr

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In our toilets in work, we have these auto spray air fresheners that spray out a scent every so often.

Stand too close and you will smell like 'Citrus Blast', 'Ocean Wave', 'Lavender-Vanilla-Melon' or 'Mulberry and Cinamon'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In our toilets in work, we have these auto spray air fresheners that spray out a scent every so often.

Stand too close and you will smell like 'Citrus Blast', 'Ocean Wave', 'Lavender-Vanilla-Melon' or 'Mulberry and Cinamon'.

Any of those artificial odour yokes are mank..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That sounds like the line up at one of those music festivals you youngsters attend:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And then to add to the fun, sometimes the long awaited bus promised on the display fails to materialise at all, and just disappears off the screen.

Ghost buses... Or maybe it's like Harry Potter.

Or ghost chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Any of those artificial odour yokes are mank..

I wish they would make food scents like fries smothered in gravy or chili con carne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I wish they would make food scents like fries smothered in gravy or chili con carne.

That wouldn't work in workplace toilets though. You'd associate the smell of the food with the underlying smell of poo and it would put you off that food for good.

(Good idea for dieters though! I wonder if there's a chocolate scent... it would help me...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Waiting on a package to be delivered. Bet the minute I am gone out of the house the magic van will arrive.

Would you rather they had an app that told you when they are 2 minutes away? :)

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That wouldn't work in workplace toilets though. You'd associate the smell of the food with the underlying smell of poo and it would put you off that food for good.

(Good idea for dieters though! I wonder if there's a chocolate scent... it would help me...)

Might help me too but then I have been known to eat while sitting on the toilet. LOL

Of course that was YEARS ago. :D

The construction noises outside are annoying me. I wish they would get done and buzz off. :mad:

Might help me too but then I have been known to eat while sitting on the toilet. LOL

Of course that was YEARS ago. :D

:eek:

Did you go to UCG in the 90s? I often heard someone munching away at their apple in the toilets off the concourse...

:eek:

Did you go to UCG in the 90s? I often heard someone munching away at their apple in the toilets off the concourse...

Wasn't me.

Wasn't me.
    Good because I hate noisy eaters! :pac::D

There are three ads on telly atm that are absolutely doing my head in.

1. The Seapoint Clinic one, with the guy with the very syllabic way of speaking. "Click. Tight. Dentures".

2. The McDonalds one: "Barry shaves his chest!" "No way!" :mad:

3. The Vodafone one with the old man and the horse racing. How is he watching the horse race continue? Is his son supposed to be running along beside the horses? :confused: Stop patting your knee old man! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Speaking of all things word associated (wouldn't be a trivial thread without the usual toilet humor:D), but I used read your username as Anglomerdo, not nearly as funny any more once I learned to read it correctly. Now I can't unlearn it... :(

Because who doesn't know that merde is French for...

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Speaking of all things word associated (wouldn't be a trivial thread without the usual toilet humor:D), but I used read your username as Anglomerdo, not nearly as funny any more once I learned to read it correctly. Now I can't unlearn it... :(

Because who doesn't know that merde is French for...

Ah Scheisse! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ah Scheisse! :D

Schadenfreude :D

Buinneach.

A great word meaning "Scutter" or "Scour" in Irish.

Toilet humour makes me happy, which doesn't belong in this thread.

Trivial thing that annoys me: People who don't like toilet humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Buinneach.

A great word meaning "Scutter" or "Scour" in Irish.

Toilet humour makes me happy, which doesn't belong in this thread.

Trivial thing that annoys me: People who don't like toilet humour.

My father used to describe it as "Pipeshooting like a duck!" :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    My father used to describe it as "Pipeshooting like a duck!" :D

"Long and loose like the shít of a goose" - a rhyme my mother's family used to have. :pac:

"Long and loose like the shít of a goose" - a rhyme my mother's family used to have. :pac:

Hee-hee! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Keep Calm And......

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We're DONE with this now, people of Earth!

• Advertisement

People calling other people (who tend to be the more open-minded type) liberals in every single argument.

What even is a liberal!? :confused: I had a vague idea before but now I don't have a clue because it just seems to be an insult thrown around in every political argument when one person runs out of ideas...

People calling other people (who tend to be the more open-minded type) liberals in every single argument.

What even is a liberal!? :confused: I had a vague idea before but now I don't have a clue because it just seems to be an insult thrown around in every political argument when one person runs out of ideas...

Liberalism is the simple, benign philosophy that a man has the right to walk abroad and scratch his balls at any hour of the day or night be playsing him, worship/not worship as be playsing him, and open his mouth and say what he likes. The notion has been hi-jacked by various worried, earnest types, many of whom have beards, and used to push all kinds of stupid and highly personal agendas, involving Pandas, one-legged dyslexic Ethiopian lesbians, property taxes, etc.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Liberalism is the simple, benign philosophy that a man has the right to walk abroad and scratch his balls at any hour of the day or night be playsing him, worship/not worship as be playsing him, and open his mouth and say what he likes. The notion has been hi-jacked by various worried, earnest types, many of whom have beards, and used to push all kinds of stupid and highly personal agendas, involving Pandas, one-legged dyslexic Ethiopian lesbians, property taxes, etc.

Okay.. I think I understand! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

You tube suggesting worship songs for me based on past searches :confused::confused::eek:

Needing to pee and not having anyone to relieve me. Nervous jigging and foot tapping.... :(

Maybe a worship song will help.

Okay.. I think I understand! :pac:

Let me put it simply: as far as a modern Liberal is concerned, "Liberalism" means everyone can do what they like. As far as I'm concerned, it means everyone can do what they like except me. I have to pay for it, you see. :pac:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You tube suggesting worship songs for me based on past searches :confused::confused::eek:

Needing to pee and not having anyone to relieve me. Nervous jigging and foot tapping.... :(

Maybe a worship song will help.

Piss is flowing like a river?
    Make me a channel of your piss?

(Sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Commie, we'll have to hunt ya down and shoot ya :P, not really:D

Us capitalist, right wingers don't tolerate your kind:)

I seen a lady today and the first thing I thought to myself was 'she's wearing a pencil skirt, the thread on boards and czechlin have thought me this wonderful piece of fashion trivia'.

I spent a couple of seconds mulling this over and chuffed with myself, rather than czeching out the female in the pencil skirt. So instead of 4 or 5 seconds of oggling, I got only about 2 seconds when my man brain kicked back in.

and before anyone asks, yes, she was an absolute cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I seen a lady today and the first thing I thought to myself was 'she's wearing a pencil skirt, the thread on boards and czechlin have thought me this wonderful piece of fashion trivia'.

I spent a couple of seconds mulling this over and chuffed with myself, rather than czeching out the female in the pencil skirt. So instead of 4 or 5 seconds of oggling, I got only about 2 seconds when my man brain kicked back in.

This is why men and women should never talk for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hair headaches :mad:

When you do something twice when you should only do it once, but because you're going too fast, you have to go a second time.

Wait...makes no sense. Post needs example:

You are stapling notes together and staple down and realise there are no staples left but by the time you've realised this, you've pressed the stapler down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Piss is flowing like a river?
    Make me a channel of your piss?

(Sorry)

Cry me a river
    By the rivers of Babylon

ONW, you never know what bladder control is, until you sneeze:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Job done, I feel very proud, I have finally accomplished something!:D
    *a virtual pat on the shoulder for Boom*
    I am wearing one of the above mentioned myself today but decided not to rant about it for a change ha!

I wonder if people will ever get tired of the czech sth out jokes :rolleyes:

What's wrong with czechlin's pencil skirts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have no idea what this is so i googled it.

second result is boards, "trivial things that annoy you 2"

Its like having an issue with technology and you only find one other person online with that same issue.

One response to the thread or topic they started and its them saying "never mind fixed it"

what did you do dammit! what did you do!

also relevent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Pedestrians who step onto the road only to look around with a surprised face when they see a car coming towards them. IT'S A ROAD FOR GOD'S SAKE

danniemcq wrote: »

Its like having an issue with technology and you only find one other person online with that same issue.

One response to the thread or topic they started and its them saying "never mind fixed it"

also relevent

czechlin wrote: »
    Job done, I feel very proud, I have finally accomplished something!:D
    *a virtual pat on the shoulder for Boom*
    I am wearing one of the above mentioned myself today but decided not to rant about it for a change ha!

I wonder if people will ever get tired of the czech sth out jokes :rolleyes:

Is it a black one??? Is it you that I saw today??
    Absolutely nothing if it was her I seen today :pac:

I was looking up an Oracle error earlier and just got linked to lots of forums repeating the same question, but no answer. That was good fun.

I was looking up an Oracle error earlier and just got linked to lots of forums repeating the same question, but no answer. That was good fun.

Ah, good ol' Oracle. There's error codes in there that no currently living developer has heard about. :pac:

also relevent

My pencil skirts are all fine! They fit like a glove!:)
    There is a small problem when I don't wear tights (like today), which I believe many women have experienced, however I don't want to be known for disobedient skirts so from now on I will keep all skirt related embarrassing incidents to myself :o

I still love skirts though, I have more skirts than trousers!

I only bought a pair of trousers last week. That's the only pair of trousers I own!

Now, what's the issue with your skirt, share with the group.

Is it a black one??? Is it you that I saw today??

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Women being disorganised at the front of the shopping queue. Fair enough if they have babbies with them; not so if they still get flummoxed doing something they've done every week for X number of years...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement