Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is it a black one??? Is it you that I saw today??

Absolutely nothing if it was her I seen today :pac:
    czechlin wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Black pencil skirt and Ugg boots, yep that was her alright:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Black pencil skirt and Ugg boots, yep that was her alright:D

:eek:

Ah now, you know me better than that!

Edit: that doesn't sound right for some reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Women being disorganised at the front of the shopping queue. Fair enough if they have babbies with them; not so if they still get flummoxed doing something they've done every week for X number of years...

I have an utterly useless and infuriating knack for picking the queue behind people who seem genuinely surprised when they have to pay for their stuff.

On a related note: what the hell do some women be doing that it takes them ten minutes after they've actually sat into their car to get moving? Get in, bag on floor, belt on, start car, move off. I've given up waiting on parking spots because of the faffing, parked my car elsewhere, and seen some women only pulling out by the time I'm walking past :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ah, good ol' Oracle. There's error codes in there that no currently living developer has heard about. :pac:

The one I was looking at was something about a time shift.....I reckon some Dr Who nerd just put that in for sh*ts and giggles.
    There is a small problem when I don't wear tights (like today)
    :rolleyes:

Black Pencil Skirt - Czech
    No Tights - Czech

lets go for the trifecta - white blouse/shirt thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's an overpowering stench of Mr Muscle oven cleaner coming from the kitchen, even with the back door and kitchen windows open. The Belling oven we bought a couple of years ago is a total piece of s*it, don't buy one based on the reputation a company used to have, the quality just isn't there anymore. As for fan oven, huh, fan oven my aunt fanny, the bloody thing cooks too fast on one side of a dish and not fast enough on the other side. It also gets manky very fast for some reason:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Black Pencil Skirt - Czech
    No Tights - Czech

Sounds like we finally have an answer to that age old Boards.ie question; is czechlin hot? - Czech.

Nope.
    Sounds like we finally have an answer to that age old Boards.ie question; is czechlin hot? - Czech.

Keep czeching... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Dial Hard wrote: »
    On a related note: what the hell do some women be doing that it takes them ten minutes after they've actually sat into their car to get moving? Get in, bag on floor, belt on, start car, move off. I've given up waiting on parking spots because of the faffing, parked my car elsewhere, and seen some women only pulling out by the time I'm walking past :confused:

On a semi-related note -

People playing musical chairs on trains. Sit down ffs, we're about to pull off! :mad:

And the luggage, ohh jesus, the luggage. See that thing above your head that looks suspiciously like a luggage rack? Yeahhh, that's exactly what it is!

And just now the old dear beside me asked me could I swap seats because "the train is moving the wrong way".

The train is moving, the wrong way...

Yes dear, and the sun revolves around the earth :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nope.

Keep czeching... :P

Ah sh*te, I'm still going to refer to the stunner I seen today as czechlin though.....maybe czechlin2.0.
    She went into the building accross the street, I hope she works there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Package arrived around 3. The kids next door watched open mouthed...I have many good reasons for finding them very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Czarcasm wrote: »
    On a semi-related note -

People playing musical chairs on trains. Sit down ffs, we're about to pull off! :mad:

And the luggage, ohh jesus, the luggage. See that thing above your head that looks suspiciously like a luggage rack? Yeahhh, that's exactly what it is!

And just now the old dear beside me asked me could I swap seats because "the train is moving the wrong way".

The train is moving, the wrong way...

Yes dear, and the sun revolves around the earth :(
    Can you imagine just how bad us lot will be in old age? We'll be nightmares :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

People who tell lies and cause trouble for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    People who tell lies and cause trouble for the sake of it.

That, and those who quote things out of context to cause trouble. There is one person I have in mind, to whom I express no opinions, despite their fishing, because I know it will be trotted out, elsewhere, and designed to cause trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That, and those who quote things out of context to cause trouble. There is one person I have in mind, to whom I express no opinions, despite their fishing, because I know it will be trotted out, elsewhere, and designed to cause trouble.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who drink tea too loudly. SLURP SLURP.

Pigs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Got home from a 9 hour shift at work today to find a group of cyclists, complete with van sitting out in front of my house in my parking space and the one beside it. I had to park sort of awkwardly jutting a bit out on the road and walk through them to get to my front door.

I was going to say nothing to them but they were still there after half an hour of seeing me go into my house and one of them decided to sit with a cooler of food and drinks on my front lawn so that tipped me over the edge.

I went out and asked them how the **** they decided the front of my house was a picnic area and the head Dub (inevitable, he needed the cycle as well because he had a monumental beer belly) said "shure we didn't know it was your house and it was just where we stopped and it's near the shop" to which i replied "well it's obviously someones house. why not stop in front of the shop instead of someones houses? what normal person would think that's ok?" (they where taking up my neighbors parking space as well at this stage)

He got shirty at this stage and said "what's the problem, we're only stopped here for a while?" to which i replied "do you not think it's a bit ****ing ignorant to just set yourselves up in front of someones house to have snacks and then act the **** when they say something to you about hanging around in front of their property?".

All i got in reply was some mumbling so i just went back inside after calling them all ignorant dickheads.

I wouldn't have minded at all if i had have been in the house at the time they arrived and had the manners to asked but sure they were the amazing Dublin people down the country to grace us with their knacker presence to do a bit of cycling so i was the asshole for questioning them breaking the simplest of social conventions.

I had a sledge hammer out the back of the house and i was genuinely considering going out and just smashing the **** out of whatever bikes i could get near but then i'd be the one in trouble then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Oh Mickey I'd be seething!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

deise08 wrote: »
    Oh Mickey I'd be seething!

Haven't been that genuinely angry in a long time. I do a bit of cycling myself but i'm not one of the spandex wearing, cycle-in-the-middle-of-the-road-three-abreast douche-bags like this crowd were.

Going out of their way to be assholes in pretty much every way imaginable and they didn't realize how close they were to having their twatty €1500 fashion accessory road-bikes wrecked.

There's no cameras or anything to tie me to it down here so i would have ****ed up every single one of their bikes if i wasn't outnumbered 12 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When my son throws a tantrum in public, I like to be a responsible parent by taking him to one side away from other people and putting him in time out till he calms down and we can talk about what he did wrong. All well and good until someone, usually an old biddy, comes up and goes "Oh what's the matter, wont you daddy get you something? Oh you poor wee one."

Great, now you have reinforced my son's opinion that I am being unreasonable and as a result you have extended his tantrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

grundie wrote: »
    When my son throws a tantrum in public, I like to be a responsible parent by taking him to one side away from other people and putting him in time out till he calms down and we can talk about what he did wrong. All well and good until someone, usually an old biddy, comes up and goes "Oh what's the matter, wont you daddy get you something? Oh you poor wee one."

Great, now you have reinforced my son's opinion that I am being unreasonable and as a result you have extended his tantrum.

Ew! What a tosser! I'd slap them! (the aul biddy, not the child.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

You know those times when you're driving and you get stuck at every single red light? I don't mean just a couple of them in a row, I mean that it goes beyond a joke and it's like ten red lights in a row, and you get so mad you want to smash someone's face in, you want someone to blame, you want to smash something with a hammer over and over again so that it screams in pain.... how dare those lights keep going red on me!! Why meee??????!!!!!!!! And you wonder who's to blame, and then of course you realise that this is all just an unfortunate coincidence - that nobody is to blame - and that just makes it ten times worse because you've nowhere to direct your anger, and you're just left drowning in a pit of angry confusion/frustration.

And then you arrive at your destination.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

Slow walkers. Fcuk sake. Walk at a normal pace.

whirlpool wrote: »
    You know those times when you're driving and you get stuck at every single red light? I don't mean just a couple of them in a row, I mean that it goes beyond a joke and it's like ten red lights in a row, and you get so mad you want to smash someone's face in, you want someone to blame, you want to smash something with a hammer over and over again so that it screams in pain.... how dare those lights keep going red on me!! Why meee??????!!!!!!!! And you wonder who's to blame, and then of course you realise that this is all just an unfortunate coincidence - that nobody is to blame - and that just makes it ten times worse because you've nowhere to direct your anger, and you're just left drowning in a pit of angry confusion/frustration.

And then you arrive at your destination.

:pac:

Except it's not an unfortunate coincidence at all. They're on a timed sequence, so if you're driving at a particular time, you're at mercy to whatever time sequence is at play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

When your bedroom door is slightly open and caught in a draft so keeps on banging off the frame but doesn't actually close.
    Each time I swear to myself ''okay if it happens one more time I'll get up and close it'' but never manage to tear myself from the comfort of my bed.
    Low and behold an hour has passed and it's time to get up.
    Gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

People who quote very long posts :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

People who drive faster or slower than me.

I am driving at precisely the correct speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you burn the roof of your mouth.

deise08 wrote: »
    When you burn the roof of your mouth.

Or tongue. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

Or tongue. :mad:

Spoon of sugar will fix it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who pretend to be stupid but are actually cute hoors. Backstabbing gits.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Does the reverse apply? What about people like me who pretend to be intelligent but are actually completely vacant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Intelligence is overrated, particularly in today's Western society. I find it helps enormously during the day to sit in a corner with one's head lolling slightly to the side, wobbling your lip with your finger and going Wubba-Wubba-Wubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Got home from a 9 hour shift at work today to find a group of cyclists, complete with van sitting out in front of my house in my parking space and the one beside it. I had to park sort of awkwardly jutting a bit out on the road and walk through them to get to my front door.

I was going to say nothing to them but they were still there after half an hour of seeing me go into my house and one of them decided to sit with a cooler of food and drinks on my front lawn so that tipped me over the edge.

I went out and asked them how the **** they decided the front of my house was a picnic area and the head Dub (inevitable, he needed the cycle as well because he had a monumental beer belly) said "shure we didn't know it was your house and it was just where we stopped and it's near the shop" to which i replied "well it's obviously someones house. why not stop in front of the shop instead of someones houses? what normal person would think that's ok?" (they where taking up my neighbors parking space as well at this stage)

He got shirty at this stage and said "what's the problem, we're only stopped here for a while?" to which i replied "do you not think it's a bit ****ing ignorant to just set yourselves up in front of someones house to have snacks and then act the **** when they say something to you about hanging around in front of their property?".

All i got in reply was some mumbling so i just went back inside after calling them all ignorant dickheads.

I wouldn't have minded at all if i had have been in the house at the time they arrived and had the manners to asked but sure they were the amazing Dublin people down the country to grace us with their knacker presence to do a bit of cycling so i was the asshole for questioning them breaking the simplest of social conventions.

I had a sledge hammer out the back of the house and i was genuinely considering going out and just smashing the **** out of whatever bikes i could get near but then i'd be the one in trouble then :mad:

You could have just politely asked them to move, as they were blocking two driveways, I would say they would have moved.

"Amazing" Dublin people gracing you with their knacker presence...wow

sounds like their bikes were nice and shinier than yours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Era I Wilshere

On FIFA and the ball goes out for a throw and instead of going to a cut screen a player runs the length of the field to get it. Especially annoying when ur a goal down and five minutes to go. So ****ing annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Ogling the array of delicious freshly baked, plump and moist looking scones at the bakery near work and ending up being given a scabby, rock hard, burnt one

• Advertisement

Vel wrote: »
    Ogling the array of delicious freshly baked, plump and moist looking scones at the bakery near work and ending up being given a scabby, rock hard, burnt one

Vel, that is not acceptable I hope you did speak up!:mad:

I'm annoyed with how I feel today. Went out for a meal last night and was a glutenous pig. Eating scraps off others plates, 'helping' the kids eat thier dinners, getting that unneccasary desert.

It all seemed so right at the time though.

I'm annoyed with how I feel today. Went out for a meal last night and was a glutenous pig. Eating scraps off others plates, 'helping' the kids eat thier dinners, getting that unneccasary desert.

I do that all the time. They call me the Combine Harvester. I think you're suffering from Fat Bastard's Guilt, and you need to get rid of it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Vel, that is not acceptable I hope you did speak up!:mad:

I was getting it as a take-away so didn't realise until I was back at my desk. I'll just have to take my custom elswhere as punishment:p If I was running a nice little coffee shop like this place is, I'd be all over quality control and not letting the inferior scones out of the kitchen. Its left a bad taste in my mouth, quite literally!

Going out for dinner with the OH tonight. Looking forward to encouraging her to order too much and then, when she realises she can't eat it all, getting a second dinner.

Sure, I could just order two mains, but who does that? This way it doesn't feel wrong.

• Advertisement

I do that all the time. They call me the Combine Harvester. I think you're suffering from Fat Bastard's Guilt, and you need to get rid of it. :cool:

They call me 'The Dust Bin'.
    Going out for dinner with the OH tonight. Looking forward to encouraging her to order too much and then, when she realises she can't eat it all, getting a second dinner.

Sure, I could just order two mains, but who does that? This way it doesn't feel wrong.

The beauty of havig kids is that you
    a) get to finish thier food
    b) eat food that is attractive to your inner kid that you wish was on the menu for adults.

Vel wrote: »
    I was getting it as a take-away so didn't realise until I was back at my desk. I'll just have to take my custom elswhere as punishment:p If I was running a nice little coffee shop like this place is, I'd be all over quality control and not letting the inferior scones out of the kitchen. Its left a bad taste in my mouth, quite literally!

Ah I hate when that happens. It's almost as bad as when you get a sandwich made and it looks fantastic and you are already looking forward to lunch time so you can bite into it only to realise when you get to work that YOU LEFT IT IN THE SHOP! The horror!! It happened. It was a terrible day :(

This is why starters (a.k.a. extra din-din for Fatbasts) were invented! :D

Now I love a starter, but you don't get the same options that you get with mains. Besides, part of the joy is that you've finished your meal - you think it's all gone and then... more food!

Now I love a starter, but you don't get the same options that you get with mains. Besides, part of the joy is that you've finished your meal - you think it's all gone and then... more food!

Yes, it's great - I'm also in the habit of having my porter first, and so I'm dangerously hungry during and indeed after dinner! :pac:

I'm not a fat bastard (well not yet) but I love starters! The only downfall is I can only order one and only if I'm really hungry otherwise I won't eat much of the main course. That's why I love dining with my brother and few other friends, we just get loads (and I really mean loads) of various stuff, absolute pigs...:pac:
    Give me a starter over a dessert anytime! :D

I'm not a fat bastard (well not yet) but I love starters! The only downfall is I can only order one and only if I'm really hungry otherwise I won't each much of the main course. That's why I love dining with my brother and few other friends, we just get loads (and I really mean loads) of various stuff, absolute pigs...:pac:
    Give me a starter over a dessert anytime! :D

My physical form is not that of a Fatbast - I have the metabolism of a top-fuel dragster - but like you and yours, I am Fatbast in spirit. Bon appétit! :D

My physical form is not that of a Fatbast - I have the metabolism of a top-fuel dragster - but like you and yours, I am Fatbast in spirit. Bon appétit! :D

Aye, I am the same. Although the late 20s are a dark time and I can feel the winds of change beginning to blow in this regard. More running seems to be good medicine though.

Speaking of food:

I don't mind sharing, that's fine I'm not Joey but don't fcuking touch my ice cream unless I give you a permission (which is guaranteed if you ask nicely), I usually even offer you to try it out but don't you dare poke at it with your spoon/fork/whatever before I even tried it myself.
    That won't end well. For you.

And don't eat my last piece of meat or veg unless you ask. Sometimes I save that piece of broccoli until the end for purpose. Leave it alone.

Aye, I am the same. Although the late 20s are a dark time and I can feel the winds of change beginning to blow in this regard. More running seems to be good medicine though.

I have a 6km run pencilled in for tonight :)
    The late 20's hit me hard, happened so quick, thinking it wont happen to me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement