Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Vel wrote: »
    ...tussling with a massive pulled pork (I know! I know!) sandwich that is spewing its contents everywhere...

The first thing that came to my mind reading that was KEBAB. There, you've done it people, I'm scarred and twisted for life! :mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭berrygood

Not having any yummies in the house! I want junk food but I'm too lazy to go out. Universe, bring food to me!

berrygood wrote: »
    Not having any yummies in the house! I want junk food but I'm too lazy to go out. Universe, bring food to me!

hate that too. There needs to be Munchie delivery Service :(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jake1 wrote: »

I phoned a Mexican restaurant for a delivery one night but they refused to deliver just a portion of nachos. Bastards!

smash wrote: »
    I phoned a Mexican restaurant for a delivery one night but they refused to deliver just a portion of nachos. Bastards!

It's a long flight for just a portion of nachos

It's a long flight for just a portion of nachos

I'm worth it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I went on a walk by the sea this evening and what pissed me off was the amount of dog **** around. Wish people would ever pick up after their dogs, find a bin and put the bag in.

I'm worth it! :P

They didn't think so :p

They didn't think so :p

Either did that Chinese in town who refused to give me a donar kebab at 2am. Useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Jake1 wrote: »

There's one of those near me. 24hr afaik.
    It's a guy in a van who'll go get you whatever you want. Food, alcohol, coal, the works!

• Advertisement

Either did that Chinese in town who refused to give me a donar kebab at 2am. Useless!

And that ended really well for you didn't it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

honeygirl wrote: »
    I went on a walk by the sea this evening and what pissed me off was the amount of dog **** around. Wish people would ever pick up after their dogs, find a bin and put the bag in.

Where I live people go through the bother of putting the **** in the bag and then leave it in a pile somewhere. There are some impressive mounds of bagged **** around here.

And that ended really well for you didn't it :P

I ain't saying nothing... -__-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Cadburys blue 'Schnack ' bars , hadn't had one in ages ..... Is anything sacred since Kraft took over that company , an anaemic tastless bar with only a very thin coating of chocolate , a very poor imitation of a previous masterpiece , I'm warning you Cadburys, between this and the incredibly shrinking creme eggs , you're losing me , the stock price will plummet if I do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

For those of you giving out about "revert" a couple of days ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057265036

Gordon can be some prick when he wants to be :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

honeygirl wrote: »

I've said it before, if I could pick up after my great dane, which was sometimes a 2 or 3 bag job, everybody can!

I NEED TO THANK THAT POST MORE THAN ONCE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Misery Junkies.
    Always ready with a story about someone you don't know who's got Cancer/Parkinson's/Been run over by a tractor.

Look, I'm sure it's sad and all, but this is our friend's wedding and we're here to celebrate and enjoy ourselves not listen to you and your stories of woe.

I wanna hug him! :D

• Advertisement

Perfume in the eye :mad:

(It's not a euphemism.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yes, he has potential, that boy! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Prison has always been one of my favourite forums. As long as I'm not taking part obviously. Gordon is a rockstar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

+1 Barely There I call them joy vampires cos they suck any little bit of joy out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

I just heard someone in a song on the radio use the word "vay-cay".

As in vacation.

Euh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The f*ckedy f*cking curtain rail in my sitting room. Came home yesterday to find that it has been yanked down for the 348209365832532465.14th time.
    My daughter decided to use the curtain (whilst still attached to rail & wall) as a cape as she's going through a bit of a superhero phase at the moment.
    So instead of my planned run, it was time to get out the plaster, drill, screws, get cursing and get angry with the world for 30 mintues.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The f*ckedy f*cking curtain rail in my sitting room. Came home yesterday to find that it has been yanked down for the 348209365832532465.14th time.
    My daughter decided to use the curtain (whilst still attached to rail & wall) as a cape as she's going through a bit of a superhero phase at the moment.
    So instead of my planned run, it was time to get out the plaster, drill, screws, get cursing and get angry with the world for 30 mintues.

One word: Rawlbolt. Then she'll need a tractor to pull it down. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Oops69 wrote: »
    Cadburys blue 'Schnack ' bars , hadn't had one in ages ..... Is anything sacred since Kraft took over that company , an anaemic tastless bar with only a very thin coating of chocolate , a very poor imitation of a previous masterpiece , I'm warning you Cadburys, between this and the incredibly shrinking creme eggs , you're losing me , the stock price will plummet if I do .

Reducing the 250g bars to 230g screws with recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've said it before, if I could pick up after my great dane, which was sometimes a 2 or 3 bag job, everybody can!

One of the problems I have, when walking the dogs on a beach, and one takes a dump, I bag it, but there never seems to be any bin to put it in ( at least where I go) so you are left walking a round with a bag of crap, and no, I am not one of the dog**** bag dumpers.

If you are horse riding on a beach, and horse drops some "apples" is it ok leave it there? I haven't seen any sign re horse****.

People (usually male) saying "good man" to you.

I'm not sure if its meant patronising, but I hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Tumblr.

Everything about that ****ing website annoys me. Especially, but not limited to, that new type of colloquial talk "Can't deal. omg can't breathe. literally dying. literally this, literally that."

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Tumblr.

Everything about that ****ing website annoys me. Especially, but not limited to, that new type of colloquial talk "Can't deal. omg can't breathe. literally dying. literally this, literally that."

I have no idea what that "Tumblr" thing is supposed to be. It's the biggest load of pointless bollocks since Twitter. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

....... spin off from another thread....

the word 'godchild' and everything associated with it.

On facebook, I get updates from friends saying 'here's my new nephew/godchild' ........

cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Sharknado 3 is on the way.Cant wait.:D

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have no idea what that "Tumblr" thing is supposed to be. It's the biggest load of pointless bollocks since Twitter. :confused:

I believe, in internet terms, it's considered that a single Tumblr post/blog is the equivalent of a "1 like = 1 prayer" to the power of ten squared by the number of "alternative TV shows (see Sherlock, Doctor Who etc)" you're obsessed about.

Just relaxing at home last night, and was going to kitchen for a refill (barefoot) and there the fcuker was, a spider as big as a coconut, I swear, I actually heard him walking, I thought I heard it speak and I am sure it was a South American accent he had cos he said something like "fcukeeng gringo". Big, hairy badass legs on him, staring at me....waiting for me to make a move, no weapons within reach, so I called for backup, Mrs E to the rescue. I begged her to mash in to the floor or put in the blender, but she just tutted and put "the poor thing" out in the garden.

So I was told that it's the International Female Orgasm Day today... I guess that's a happy day for almost everyone, right? :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    One of the problems I have, when walking the dogs on a beach, and one takes a dump, I bag it, but there never seems to be any bin to put it in ( at least where I go) so you are left walking a round with a bag of crap, and no, I am not one of the dog**** bag dumpers.

If you are horse riding on a beach, and horse drops some "apples" is it ok leave it there? I haven't seen any sign re horse****.

I used to tie the bags onto my great dane's collar purely because they were heavy so we usually ended up dumping them at home.

No idea about horse poop, i've never seen the gardai pick up after their horses anyway.

I remember the circus was in the town I work in a couple of years ago and there was elephant poop all the way up the main (read: only) street. It was huge and there was so much! No idea who cleaned it up but it was cleaned up.
    Just relaxing at home last night, and was going to kitchen for a refill (barefoot) and there the fcuker was, a spider as big as a coconut, I swear, I actually heard him walking, I thought I heard it speak and I am sure it was a South American accent he had cos he said something like "fcukeeng gringo". Big, hairy badass legs on him, staring at me....waiting for me to make a move, no weapons within reach, so I called for backup, Mrs E to the rescue. I begged her to mash in to the floor or put in the blender, but she just tutted and put "the poor thing" out in the garden.

:pac:
    Don't they just die outside anyway because of the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ms E to the rescue.Eisenberg1 you big wuss.:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ms E to the rescue.Eisenberg1 you big wuss.:D

There is nothing in the wild world that could convince me those big, hairy bastards cant bite you.....its only a matter of time.

Actually I think I read somewhere, that spiders in Ireland do pack venom, but they don't have fangs strong enough to pierce human skin...............yet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

czechlin wrote: »
    So I was told that it's the International Female Orgasm Day today... I guess that's a happy day for almost everyone, right? :D

Well how about that! I thought for a minute "poor czechlin, the lads in work are having her on again", but no... :pac:

• Advertisement

Eew, I bet one of those bastards to death with a shower head! I tried to wash him down the drain but he was so big he kept creeping back out! My dad wasn't too impressed with me hammering into the bath!

There's a spider in the ladies bathroom in work. I'm the only lady in today and I can't ask the lads to remove it or there'll be 2 weeks of slagging to follow. I made a silent deal with the spider that he'll stay where he is for the day and he shall live. He better stick to it! Otherwise I'll have to hold it for the rest of the day :(

Jaysus, once a year and yis make a big deal of it:D

Actually I think I read somewhere, that spiders in Ireland do pack venom, but they don't have fangs strong enough to pierce human skin...............yet:eek:

:eek:

No way I'm going back to the bathroom now!!!

Jaysus, once a year and yis make a big deal of it:D

I'm not making a big deal of anything I'm just spreading the news, might help the less fortunate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I was going to start a whole new thread for this, but then i thought there's only one place I know where people really understand my irritation with such things :pac:

This stupid haircut lads are sporting now with the miniature tuft of hair in a bobbin at the top of their heads!?? Usually to be found on the same person sporting an overly groomed beard and possibly (highly likely) wearing skinny jeans and a dickie bow.

I blame Conor Mcgregor for all of this! It seems as soon as that lad is seen wearing something be it clothes or hair etc that the masses can't get out to replicate this quick enough leading to a whole generation of sheep who all look the same? Whatever happened to wanting to be individual?

For one i think this is a terrible look and can't see why anyone would want to model themselves on this style. Gone are the days when beards were only found on manly men and scruffs too lazy to shave, and now even the ponytail has moved from being a typical girl haircut to somehow a trendy lads haircut, seriously what the fuck!??? I fully believe if Conor Mcgregor was to stick a turd on his head and walk about town there would be a flock of lads out with lumps of shit on their heads within the week!

Is it just me or are lads slowly turning into women? I'm all for beards when they are the unruly wild type that shows character but this styling of facial hair along with the upkeep of the hair on the head is getting out of hand! If you are spending more time in the mirror then your missus there needs to be serious questions asked. My pal was trying to tell me all about the benefits of the moisturiser he's after getting when we were out for a few scoops last weekend :eek:, i just had to stop him and say c'mon now you can leave that chat for your boyfriend.

I don't mind this new little ponytail hairstyle. It's the Iced Gem look that I detest, oh and the Hitler Youth haircut.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Well how about that! I thought for a minute "poor czechlin, the lads in work are having her on again", but no... :pac:

Haha nope. But I won't be mentioning this to them for sure!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When this is followed by this.....
    My dad wasn't too impressed with me hammering into the bath!

So hammering is what you call it?

Sitting out in the garden yesterday evening, big f*cker crawling along the table. We let him do his thing. A few moments later, notice that there is movement on my leg, the dirty f*cker was there on my leg getting ready to murder me. My instinct was to flick him away gently, but the gentle bit didnt happen, heard a big twonk noise when he his the fence a few feet away.

It is?? Oooooh, yeaaahhhh aaahhhhhh........:p

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    So hammering is what you call it?

Brutally murdering a big fat hairy spider with a shower head = hammering

I ain't having any of this nonsense Mr. Bap!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement