Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

czechlin wrote: »
    So I was told that it's the International Female Orgasm Day today... I guess that's a happy day for almost everyone, right? :D

Is Meg Ryan the official spokeswoman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ugh, I was gonna go home after work, plop onto the sofa, stick on my couch pants and crack open a beer.

Now it sounds like I'll have to give the OH an orgasm. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Finding myself singing along to a 5 seconds of summer song.

I'm not sixteen, I should be immune to this catchy boyband $hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ugh, I was gonna go home after work, plop onto the sofa, stick on my couch pants and crack open a beer.

Oh no. Are your diamond shoes also too tight? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm just going to run Mrs. _Bap a bath and tell her to give herself a hammering with the shower head. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Many a man would love a beer and a kebab on a Friday night..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The Friday nightmare that is other people in the supermarket who can't tell left from right. They stop and go left, so being behind them you take evasive action, either that or crash into them, but no, of course they can't go left they then veer right:mad: Ass from elbow people, learn which is which before I ram you with my trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm just going to run Mrs. _Bap a bath and tell her to give herself a hammering with the shower head. :)
    Colser wrote: »
    Many a man would love a beer and a kebab on a Friday night..:D

Note to self: Think before you post something. What have I done...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Actually just heard someone in my office use revert correctly!

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Actually just heard someone in my office use revert correctly!

I will look in to your query and revert back into a fetus later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

czechlin wrote: »
    Note to self: Think before you post something. What have I done...:pac:

You have just confirmed that the trivial men are all talk and no action...:D:D

people who post ads on Gumtree Freetrade or Jumbletown saying they have crutches if anyone wants them.

FFS, give them back to the hospital or clinic or wherever you bloody got them. Such bloody waste. They should be fined for not giving them back.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sticky or wet bars. When bar staff put your change right into a puddle on the bar :mad:

Jake1 wrote: »
    people who post ads on Gumtree Freetrade or Jumbletown saying they have crutches if anyone wants them.

FFS, give them back to the hospital or clinic or wherever you bloody got them. Such bloody waste. They should be fined for not giving them back.

As far as I know a clinic cannot reissue them though, so giving them away is the only way they can get another use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I recall someone telling me that the hospitals/clinics wont take them back....it may have been a dream though:D

Just saw the above post, so I guess I wasn't dreaming.

Slightly different twist, I know someone who went to Lourdes, and had their wheelchair stolen, really.

I was trying to be good and get some healthier snacks for the weekend. But no, of course Dunnes didn't have the barbecue popchip crisps or the 6 big bag pack of popcorn, as usual. It really annoys me that there were tons of packs of salt and vinegar popchips(they taste crappy) and the smaller packs of popcorn are a pain to keep opening packs.

I can cope with not being able to have a drink, although sometimes I could really murder some alcohol, it's like a little life buffer that even if you don't drink you know you have the option of drinking, I can't do that anymore:(, but it's harder when I can't find some yummy lower cal snacks for the weekend. We're having a marathon of the second series of Twin Peaks tonight and pineapple juice alone just won't cut it.

I can cope with not being able to have a drink, although sometimes I could really murder some alcohol, it's like a little life buffer that even if you don't drink you know you have the option of drinking, I can't do that anymore:(, but it's harder when I can't find some yummy lower cal snacks for the weekend. We're having a marathon of the second series of Twin Peaks tonight and pineapple juice alone just won't cut it.

Proper coffee and a variety of teas works for me in lieu of alcohol whenever I choose to abstain. Worth a try - pick up some earl grey, peppermint tea, chamomile tea or whatever sounds interesting. Get a cafetiere and some decent grounds.

I mean, maybe I'm just a weirdo but I'd happily drink them all evening. :D

As for popcorn, can you not just get a big bowl, some kernels and pop then yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Friday afternoons in work. They are always dead quiet in the area I work in and time drags on forever. To make matters worse I am here on my own meaning I can't leave as early as I normally do (colleague who prefers to work late took the afternoon off...) :(

Proper coffee and a variety of teas works for me in lieu of alcohol whenever I choose to abstain. Worth a try - pick up some earl grey, peppermint tea, chamomile tea or whatever sounds interesting. Get a cafetiere and some decent grounds.

I mean, maybe I'm just a weirdo but I'd happily drink them all evening. :D

As for popcorn, can you not just get a big bowl, some kernels and pop then yourself?

I'm not really a tea person, we have a cupboard full of different types of teas and coffees, my husband loves both. We have all the coffee gadgets. I even have a popcorn maker but my husband uses it because I think the popcorn just tastes like cardboard from it and I don't like the microwave popcorn. Not that I'm fussy or anything :D

I'm not really a tea person, we have a cupboard full of different types of teas and coffees, my husband loves both. We have all the coffee gadgets. I even have a popcorn maker but my husband uses it because I think the popcorn just tastes like cardboard from it and I don't like the microwave popcorn. Not that I'm fussy or anything :D

Forget the microwave and popcorn maker, big steel pot and a little bit of olive oil is your only man. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Forget the microwave and popcorn maker, big steel pot and a little bit of olive oil real buther is your only man. :D

What're you, some class of an Eye-tallan?? :D

jimgoose wrote: »

We were talking about healthy snacks. :P

We were talking about healthy snacks. :P

But shure they're saying now that full-fat dairy butter is nearly the best of the whole lot. Talk about coming full-circle! Actually, that's annoying as well - shítheads on the radio with Views influencing what whole populations eat. Buggeroffoutovvitori'llhoofyawanindeballacks!! :mad:

A Roman walks in to a bar, holds up two fingers and says to the barman "Five pints please"

Badoom tish.

But shure they're saying now that full-fat dairy butter is nearly the best of the whole lot.

Is that not all coming from your man whose trying to flog coffee though?

Is that not all coming from your man whose trying to flog coffee though?

Tony Head? Nah, he doesn't really give a rattlin' about coffee, he just wants Sharon Maughan's kebab! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

They won't take them back for health and safety reasons. I needed crutches for less than a week and when I brought them back they told me to keep them. Apparently it would cost more to sterilise and test them than to replace them.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They won't take them back for health and safety reasons. I needed crutches for less than a week and when I brought them back they told me to keep them. Apparently it would cost more to sterilise and test them than to replace them.

Eek, what had you done to them :o

Going for two weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dub_skav wrote: »
    Eek, what had you done to them :o
    They got possessed by a ghost who ran up and down the stairs with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Ignorant people that constantly interrupt and/or try to talk over you.

Just had to deal with a ****ing wagon in work for 20 minutes that literally wouldn't let me finish a sentence. She'd ask me a question and while I was answering she'd speak over me and ask another question before I could finish answering the other one :confused:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Going for two weeks :(

What?
    Where?
    With who?
    Why?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

PrettyBoy wrote: »

Just had to deal with a ****ing wagon in work for 20 minutes that literally wouldn't let me finish a sentence. She'd ask me a question and while I was answering she'd speak over me and ask another question before I could finish answering the other one :confused:

I've a similar colleague. If I have to take a message for him I write it on a sticky note and stick it to his monitor. If I actually tell him in person the conversation goes like this:
    Me: (Colleague's name), the manager was lookin----
    Colleague: HAH?! ?!
    Me: The manager was looking for you. :mad:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What?
    Where?
    With who?
    Why?

Hopefully it's:

Something annoying.
    Somewhere annoying.
    Someone annoying.
    Some annoying reason.

Come on ONW don't let us down! :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What?
    Where?
    With who?
    Why?

Exams.
    By myself.
    Exams

:P

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's:

Something annoying.
    Somewhere annoying.
    Someone annoying.
    Some annoying reason.

Come on ONW don't let us down! :D

ok ok fine, I'm doing a bus tour, 2 weeks all in. So when I come back I'll have two weeks worth of bus annoyances to fill you in on :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was buying a new hoover the other day and the sales rep was trying to push the in store warranty on me. I asked politely was there a manufacturers warranty that covers exactly what you are describing. She kept going with her speil, I had to ask again, she started her f*cking speil again. I had to raise my voice to her and ask the question again, she said there was but it doesn't cover the hoover if I damage it myself.
    Grand, I wont be taking your warranty so.

When I get home and open the box of the hoover, on one of the flaps of the box, there is a massive big warning to call the manufacturer before using any instore warranty purchased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

That's exactly what my housemate is like. You can see it in her eyes that she's not listening to you. Waiting for her chance to talk, then deciding what you're saying isn't as important as her.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Exams.
    By myself.
    Exams

:P

Erm, trying to think of something trivially annoying to say....but cant, so good luck with exams;)

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Thanks all, I realy feel like a right cheese now. :o
    I had no idea they didnt take them back.
    Still seems like a huge waste though. Couldnt they be fecked in a bath of bleach or something??:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

People who let their kids go mad in the cinema. I control mine why can't they control theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

honeygirl wrote: »
    People who let their kids go mad in the cinema. I control mine why can't they control theirs.

Not a trivial annoyance. Kids that do that are kids that should have been left running down their mothers leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Kids that do that are kids that should have been left running down their mothers leg.

That is the most brilliantly horrible thing I've ever heard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Having a foreign name and constantly having to explain to people I meet where it came from and how I came to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The fact that searching the internet outside the mainstream online market sites for example ebay, amazon, adverts.ie for certain types of footwear, clothing and other products will throw up as search results sites whose main speciality centres around the provision clothing, footwear, floral bouquets - for Wedding and Marriage Ceremonies. Nowhere to be found is a result for your bespoke tailor, God Bless the man, or seamstress. On a side note, there is a mans shop near me, who now sells shoes. I haven't seen his website online though, if he has one.

People who allow their teenage children to roam the streets late at night. We've had a group of 6 of the little bastards in our neighbourhood shouting their heads off at 11.30pm onwards. They can't be more than 15 or 16 years old. Parents, there is no valid reason for your offspring to be out at that time of night. If they didn't want them under their feet then they shouldn't have had kids. It pisses me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

The fcuking fly that is currently flying around my sitting room and keeps landing on my foot!! :(
    /rolls up newspaper......

The fcuking fly that is currently flying around my sitting room and keeps landing on my foot!! :(

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Mariasofia wrote: »

He must be going around in circles :D

He must be going around in circles :D

No the second fella annoyed me too.... :O
    :-D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement