Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, I think it was supposed to be funny, seeing as she married an Oirish man. I know very little about her but that helmet of hair annoys me, trivially.

Probably name the first kid Gallon or something as stupid. He drive me n uts as well, I find him about as funny as piles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Everytime I "thank" somebody it reloads the page :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman too. She can't possibly be able to see anything from uder that fringe.

I don't trust fringes. They don't do anything but age women and I always suspect that they're hiding things like scars or wrinkles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That'll teach you to try and ingratiate yourself to others! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It's happening to everyone, they said they're looking into it on the site development forum.

It's fixed me for me now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I thought it was just my computer acting up after clearing malware the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Same here.

They've identified the problem, and Pablo over in Site Dev is working on the issue -

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267129/

It's happening to everyone, they said they're looking into it on the site development forum.

It's fixed me for me now... :pac:

Damn touch site, slow as a sheep wearing wellies... not that I'd know of course, friend of a friend :o

I thanked the crap out of Czarcasm's post and it didn't refresh. I win the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They've identified the problem, and Pablo over in Site Dev is working on the issue -

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267129/

That boy doesn't get half enough Reward Pellets. :cool:

Damn touch site, slow as a sheep wearing wellies... not that I'd know of course, friend of a friend :o

On that note....a friend once told me that the best way to have sex with a sheep, was to flip the sheep on it's back, that way you can kiss it as well.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On that note....a friend once told me that the best way to have sex with a sheep, was to flip the sheep on it's back, that way you can kiss it as well.:D

A friend told you? ;)

Teenagers. If you're harassing my pets and I tell you to fcuk off, then fcuk off, do not give me attitude or I will put my foot up your hole if you lay a finger on my pets.

That my aged parents have gotten a letter from revenue and are confused between the household charge and the property tax and now must pay €200 from 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

It's been driving me nuts today! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Teenagers. If you're harassing my pets and I tell you to fcuk off, then fcuk off, do not give me attitude or I will put my foot up your hole if you lay a finger on my pets.

There's a story there :pac:

<Darth Vader breathing> Sister?? :D </Darth Vader breathing>

:eek:

So sheepshaggers are real!?

Actually, I don't wanna know :pac:

• Advertisement

There's a story there :pac:

^ As usernames go, that ones a beauty! :D

czechlin wrote: »

I imagine you're more familiar with "The sound of Moosic" :p

Oh yes, ewe do:D

I imagine you're more familiar with "The sound of Moosic" :p

Nope. Afraid not :P

^ As usernames go, that ones a beauty! :D

If I had realised I was going to spend as much time on boards.ie as I do,(and when you see some of the great user names) I think I would have given a bit more thought to my name. I pretty much slapped out the first thing that came in to my head.

Baa'd Girls?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Scotland. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Interrupting middle of the day 'bonding time' for an appointment I was only praying would cancel, got up showered and got dressed and off I went for this appointment only for the girl to be a no show. Bummer!

I don't know if I'm allowed to say,which annoys me too, but those weird threads. I'm sure ye know which ones I'm on about.

Is your real name Baaarbara?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He drive me n uts as well, I find him about as funny as piles.

He just plays Chris O'Dowd in absolutely everything he's in.

• Advertisement

I was staying away for work recently, and in the morning, in the hotel dining room, I saw a couple coming in, and picking, from probably ten vacant tables, the one table that had no places set.
    I would have loved if the hotel staff went all Basil Fawlty on them. :D
    Of course they didn't. Must be a bit annoying though.

I was staying away for work recently, and in the morning, in the hotel dining room, I saw a couple coming in, and picking, from probably ten vacant tables, the one table that had no places set.

Customers are always annoying, which is why they don't let me anywhere within a thousand yards of them. I'm a bit Bernard Black for "customer-facing"! :pac:

Cranky aul wan to Basil: "Not much of a view from this window, is there?"

Basil "It's Torquay Madam, what did you expect? The hanging Gardens of Babylon?"
    :D:D

Basil "It's Torquay Madam, what did you expect? The hanging Gardens of Babylon?"

Classic! :pac::pac::pac:

deise08 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm allowed to say,which annoys me too, but those weird threads. I'm sure ye know which ones I'm on about.

Ah c'mon, you cant throw that in here and just leave it:D

Scotland. :)[/QUOTE

In Scotland, sheep are referred to as recreation centres:D

Love that episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

People chewing loudly
    People who insist on having their phone on vibrate whilst watching tv - only an issue when the noise from said vibration sounds like it could shake the house!

Scotland. :)[/QUOTE

In Scotland, sheep are referred to as recreation centres:D

A man from Aberdeen told me the exact same thing once. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

People who are mind readers (or think they are) and like to talk for you. :mad:

Irish mammies are the number one culprits for this. It makes me so mad. Bítch, I can talk for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Beer in hand, weather okish, steak marinaded.....go out the back and the fcuking gas is gone in the bbq!! :(
    Actually thinks this needs the trembling with fury thread!

People who are mind readers (or think they are) and like to talk for you. :mad:

Irish mammies are the number one culprits for this. It makes me so mad. Bítch, I can talk for myself.

That's not really what you're mad about though, they've done something else to annoy you and this is just your way of venting.

:pac::pac::pac:

That's not really what you're mad about though, they've done something else to annoy you and this is just your way of venting.

:pac::pac::pac:

Ah, Mammy just drives me awol. She still thinks I'm two. You like icecream don't ya Christy? She does like icecream (to other person).

No she won't have a drink, she doesn't drink (at some funeral). I was so mad, I took that pint and absolutely fcuking skulled, that'll learn her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

People who get mad at their mammies.

:p

People who get mad at their mammies.

:p

Fat Christy in general. :pac:

Althought it's probably not trivial at this stage. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I used to work in a restaurant back in the day and this happened ALL THE TIME!!!

But I actually did it myself recently - I went into Starbucks, got my latte, and looked around for a nice table. There it was, in the corner, beside the window, couch seat - with an empty coffee cup on the table in front of it. The place was completely empty and every other table was clear. But where did I sit? That's right, at the nicest table that also happened to be dirty. I actually smiled to myself on the way over as I was fully aware how this probably looked to the guy behind the counter who came out to clear away the dirty cup - I could SMELL how much he wanted to hit me for sitting at the ONLY dirty table in the place. I even smiled at him when he came over and said 'there's always an eejit who will sit at the one dirty table, isn't there?'

He wasn't too impressed with my attempt at levity. :D

I had a run. I haven't had a run for a very long time. It wasn't pretty. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Ah, Mammy just drives me awol. She still thinks I'm two. You like icecream don't ya Christy? She does like icecream (to other person).

No she won't have a drink, she doesn't drink (at some funeral). I was so mad, I took that pint and absolutely fcuking skulled, that'll learn her.

Ah ye love your mammy really, though, don't ye.

To everyone else: She does. She loves her mammy really.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Ah ye love your mammy really, though, don't ye.

To everyone else: She does. She loves her mammy really.

I love the woman who raised me, yes. ;)

• Advertisement

College websites in Ireland that do not give you all the information you need. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement