Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I had a run. I haven't had a run for a very long time. It wasn't pretty. :(

Was that you in the park? Put a sports bra on next time ffs, no one needs to see that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Was that you in the park? Put a sports bra on next time ffs, no one needs to see that. :pac:

I'm amazed she never gave herself a concussion. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm amazed she never gave herself a concussion. :p

Let me know the next time, I have done a First Aid course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Speak for yourself :p

*dips back down behind my newspaper with the eyeholes cut out* :pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Let me know the next time, I have done a First Aid course.

Boob Inspector courses don't count. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boob Inspector courses don't count. :P

Failed that one, aparantly there is no manual handling component to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm just glad I wasn't running for a bus, I'd probably have thrown up:o If you want to test your fitness level of lack of fitness, go for a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

It was trivially annoying me lately how late the young fella is staying up during the Summer holidays so I have fast forwarded all the clocks in the house by one hour tonight.
    Now trivially annoyed that Im feeling a bit guilty :O

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Failed that one, aparantly there is no manual handling component to it.

There was a compulsory 40 hours of community involvement activities required.
    Did you not hear of that? :P

Mariasofia wrote: »
    It was trivially annoying me lately how late the young fella is staying up during the Summer holidays so I have fast forwarded all the clocks in the house by one hour tonight.
    Now trivially annoyed that Im feeling a bit guilty :O

Don't be. When my young ones were very small and on evenings when I just wanted a bit of time to myself I would fast forward the clock ahead a couple of hours to just before their bedtime. Worked like a charm every time. :D

I did tell them when they became adults during one of our conversations. The looks they gave me were priceless. LOL

Sometimes a mom needs to do what she needs to do, especially if she is a single mom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

College websites in Ireland that do not give you all the information you need. :mad:

The rest isn't needed. With the NUIG website you are better off just googling what you want instead of trying to search through that website. Dont get me started on the parts that chimps made and going down for maintenance everyday but still manages to go down around exam time.

The rest isn't needed. With the NUIG website you are better off just googling what you want instead of trying to search through that website. Dont get me started on the parts that chimps made and going down for maintenance everyday but still manages to go down around exam time.

I was actually looking at Galway Community College. They have a course I wanted more information about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Boots and other pharmacies stocking cans of full sugar coca-cola ,slender tone ab toners , Magnet therapy bracelets and other mumbo jumbo quackery and then having an alcove for 'consultations ' , emmmm, no thank you I think I'll take my chances with mystic meg and the local faith healer if your going to pedal that ****e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had a run. I haven't had a run for a very long time. It wasn't pretty. :(

It doesn't get pretty for a while! I've been (activate dirty mind now) rubbing cream into my thighs and groin all day trying to sooth the runners rash.

Motivational Speech Time: The first one is the hardest! You've got one under your belt, it's easy to get another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

People who are worried about all the "chemicals" they are exposed to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

people wh are worried about catching ebola......esus christ **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

boots might sell a cream for ebola!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Granny: "What's he speedin for, he won't get there any faster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sometimes a mom needs to do what she needs to do, especially if she is a single mom.

:eek:

I really hate the way that so many parents say don't blame the parents because their kids turned out bad. Who the fcuk do I blame then? Me, society, who? They are you're fcking kids, you're the ones who are supposed to have raised them properly and taught them how to be decent human beings. But fcuk it, sure it's not your fault is it, just so long as nobody points the finger at you. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

deise08 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm allowed to say,which annoys me too, but those weird threads. I'm sure ye know which ones I'm on about.
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ah c'mon, you cant throw that in here and just leave it:D

Yeah, come on deise, what threads....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

I miss ONW's Monday rant :(

"Maintains a high standard of personal appearance as befits the role."

- I'm not sure if my standard of personal appearance is high enough :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I really hate the way that so many parents say don't blame the parents because their kids turned out bad. Who the fcuk do I blame then? Me, society, who? They are you're fcking kids, you're the ones who are supposed to have raised them properly and taught them how to be decent human beings. But fcuk it, sure it's not your fault is it, just so long as nobody points the finger at you. :mad:
    You have seen the movie 'The OMen' ? some are born 'that way'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yeah, come on deise, what threads....?

Yes, we need to know, c'mon deise, you're among friends here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What if they have couple of kids and only one turns out to be bad??

As for trivially annoying me...hot water running out during a showr :/
    After waiting ages on the immersion

What if they have couple of kids and only one turns out to be bad??

As for trivially annoying me...hot water running out during a showr :/
    After waiting ages on the immersion

It's just the way that if you say something critical about the behaviour of a kid/teen other parents jump in and say don't blame the parents. It's as if they're afraid that if 1 parent is forced to take responsibility for their childrens behaviour, then they'll all be forced to take responsibility for their offspring. They don't know that it isn't the parents fault.

Sees the new thread "Not in Kansas now Toto"

Remembers the ad. Followed up by Saturday shopping event.

:mad: RAGE! :mad:

I was in a too much rush on Saturday to post my massive annoyance of that day! I needed to pop in to the shop to get a few last bits for a party I was going to (big bottle of Vodka and Worcestershire sauce, as you do). Went to my local little Tesco, grabbed the sauce and off to the counter, I thought I'll be out in the flash. There were two lads working at the tills, which is usually fine for a day like this. What nobody saw coming was an invasion of about 6 British girls with the most irritating accent combined with arrogance and no common sense whatsoever. The self entitlement was unbelievable. They all were buying the same bloody munchies. 2 of them at one counter, one in the middle standing and watching in everyone else's way, other 3 at another counter. Asking million questions, removing items, adding items. This was going on for about 10 minutes while the most annoying one of them (she was a total sour puss) was talking out loud "Will we get one more bottle? Maybe we should. Can we have a bag. Actually another bag. You know what we don't need the bottle after all. But we'll get chewing gums. Should we pay separately? Oh ok well I will pay. And another bag..." I actually felt like going over and slapping her. The queue that formed behind them was unbelievable.
    Wherever you were going b1tches I hope you had to be stuck in a queue for an hour in the rain sinking in a smelly mud!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Pumpkins, well done! I'm sure your runs will get better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you go for a hand shake, the other person goes for what you think is a high five, you re-adjust for hi-5, then the other person lands in with a fist bump and you end up shaking their fist.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When you go for a hand shake, the other person goes for what you think is a high five, you re-adjust for hi-5, then the other person lands in with a fist bump and you end up shaking their fist.

Ever do a handshake with a lefty? I've ended up holding hands with work colleagues on more than one occasion. Eye contact was a bit awkward afterwards :pac:

czechlin wrote: »
    Oh and Pumpkins, well done! I'm sure your runs will get better ;)

I'm looking forward to Winter and the dark evenings where I can keep my humiliation to a minimum when I run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Sorry guys. Ah they're not even that big a deal, just somebody keeps reregistering and starting the same threads all over the place. Keeping the mods busy.The last time I said I was annoyed about them my post disappeared. Sorry mods. hope I don't get into trouble for saying it.

I'm looking forward to Winter and the dark evenings where I can keep my humiliation to a minimum when I run.

Spotted these earlier in a LIDL catalog -

Bresser® Night Vision Device

It trivially annoys me the way I'll buy gadgets I have absolutely no use for all the time, just because they're cool (don't ask me how many sets of walkie talkies I have, it's embarrassing!), but at least I might get some use out of them night vision goggles! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When you plug in a printer and the printer repeatedly makes that hiccuping sound (whatever that is) for an indeterminate time afterwards.

Just when you think it stopped, it starts again.

(i should be on Grumpy Old Men, hehe)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

czechlin wrote: »
    I miss ONW's Monday rant :(

Where is that moany feck?

p.s: Above comment was made by someone else, not Fat Christy....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

When you're almost asleep in bed, all comfy and warm...and a door that's ajar starts tapping in the wind :(

I don't even know which door it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

When you plug in a printer and the printer repeatedly makes that hiccuping sound (whatever that is) for an indeterminate time afterwards.

Just when you think it stopped, it starts again.

(i should be on Grumpy Old Men, hehe)

http://leragecomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/printing-rage.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

The morons walking along the road today, path on the opposite side..they choose to walk on the other side with cars flying by.
    Darwin candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Just think about how much attention you pay to individual runners outside. That's how much attention other people are paying to you. None.

Just enjoy your runs and forget about everyone else. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People on social media saying RIP to whoever's died in the celebrity world.

You didn't know them, I don't care if Mrs Doubtfire was your favourite movie...stop acting as if your Mum's died.

Yes someone has died. Yes it's sad. But we don't know the person, never did...why pretend you're ""heartbroken"" now?

Just for attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

fussyonion wrote: »

You didn't know them, I don't care if Mrs Doubtfire was your favourite movie...stop acting as if your Mum's died.

Yes someone has died. Yes it's sad. But we don't know the person, never did...why pretend you're ""heartbroken"" now?

Just for attention...

I'd get banned for what I really want to say and I don't even care..but I can't even manage to type it as I'm so speechless.

Fúcking hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not very trivial but I'm going to post in here instead of "offending" the "mourners" on Facebook.

A girl I was friends with a few years back killed herself. She was probably dead for the last 3 or so days but nobody cared enough to miss her until now. She was a bit unstable, got too much into drugs, and just seemed to be out of control. People, myself included, stopped hanging out with her the deeper she got into things.

My cousin stayed very close friends with her though and the girl would regularly call telling my cousin she was going to kill herself. The girls parents told my cousin at the time that she was beyond help, they were sick trying to help her and they were washing their hands of her. She had a boyfriend who she adored but he didnt want to be with her anymore, and she stopped going to work, lost her job, and just did drugs all the time. Everyone in our town would have known her, but nobody really had nice things to say about her.

My cousin hadnt heard from her for a few days, couldn't get in contact. She rang her ex boyfriend to see if he'd been talking to her, and nope. So, the boyfriend went around to check on her and found her.

Now almost every single status is a tribute to the girl, how lovely she was, how sad it is another young life taken, how she'll always be remembered, how she was such a beautiful girl, great friend. Bull. ****.

That girl had one real friend, nobody else gave a crap about her when she was alive. Nobody else missed her or didnt notice she wasnt around. She died lonely and completely alone with nobody there.

And now girls who used to fight with her in the local nightclub are there with their Facebook crocodile tears sending "tauts to her family". The same family who didnt even talk to her.

People suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Not very trivial but I'm going to post in here instead of "offending" the "mourners" on Facebook.

A girl I was friends with a few years back killed herself. She was probably dead for the last 3 or so days but nobody cared enough to miss her until now. She was a bit unstable, got too much into drugs, and just seemed to be out of control. People, myself included, stopped hanging out with her the deeper she got into things.

My cousin stayed very close friends with her though and the girl would regularly call telling my cousin she was going to kill herself. The girls parents told my cousin at the time that she was beyond help, they were sick trying to help her and they were washing their hands of her. She had a boyfriend who she adored but he didnt want to be with her anymore, and she stopped going to work, lost her job, and just did drugs all the time. Everyone in our town would have known her, but nobody really had nice things to say about her.

My cousin hadnt heard from her for a few days, couldn't get in contact. She rang her ex boyfriend to see if he'd been talking to her, and nope. So, the boyfriend went around to check on her and found her.

Now almost every single status is a tribute to the girl, how lovely she was, how sad it is another young life taken, how she'll always be remembered, how she was such a beautiful girl, great friend. Bull. ****.

That girl had one real friend, nobody else gave a crap about her when she was alive. Nobody else missed her or didnt notice she wasnt around. She died lonely and completely alone with nobody there.

And now girls who used to fight with her in the local nightclub are there with their Facebook crocodile tears sending "tauts to her family". The same family who didnt even talk to her.

People suck

Honestly, nothing at all annoys me more than this kind of bullshít. When they can actually do something to help her they don't give a f*ck, and then when the inevitable happens they act as if they were supporting her through her tough time. :mad:

People do suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

People suck

two years ago a guy in my class died from SADS.
    At his funeral, is favourit song was played.
    That night on FB someone shared the song with an emotional sentiment.
    The next day in school, I heard this person say "Oh yeah, I got over 100 likes for sharing that!"
    Never in my life was I as angry as I was at that moment.

All sorts of scum comes out of the woodwork to play the soul-crushed friend. Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I'd get banned for what I really want to say and I don't even care..but I can't even manage to type it as I'm so speechless.

Fúcking hell.

fussyonion wrote: »

Just for attention...

When a celebrity dies, people mourn generally not the person on a personal level, but what the person represented to them.

To a lot of people, Robin Williams was a symbol of laughter and goodness, which is something he gave millions of people. He killed himself. It's natural people are feeling affected. Do you think everyone's just pretending to feel affected? That millions of people are all just looking for attention by acknowledging his death, is that honestly what you believe? I don't know how much attention anyone's going to get when millions of others are doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

People on buses taking off their shoes and sticking their feet out around the seat in front of them. Seriously? When did that become a thing? I've seen it loads in the past year.

:D

I run and I can kinda run fairly far at this stage. It's never pretty with me :pac: the minute I step out the door I'm red and sweaty! Even when I was the fittest of fit kids, I was red and sweaty. (I am no longer the fittest of for anything and probably never will be).

I used to wear long tops over my running pants, to cover my bum, but they don't do the good running tops with the proper material in any kind of length that covers me up so I showed my arse to the world!

As someone else said, think about how much you notice someone else running, and that's how much you're noticed! If I do have my attention drawn, it's usually because I like their top or early in the mornings I might share a breathless "morning" with someone running the other way. Never ever would I be thinking "Ohmigod the hack of her", and I honestly don't think anyone else either. I've never even had hassle or comment from any of those street corner teens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

whirlpool wrote: »
    ...To a lot of people, Robin Williams was a symbol of laughter and goodness, which is something he gave millions of people. He killed himself. It's natural people are feeling affected. Do you think everyone's just pretending to feel affected?...

Yes, exactly. I am of that particular vintage who as a small boy tweaked my ears and said "Nanu-Nanu". That small, stupid thing was quite joyful. That gentle, hilarious lunatic gave me that, and the idea that the poor man was in such a dark place that he felt the need to do away with himself saddens me.

Sauve wrote: »
    When you're almost asleep in bed, all comfy and warm...and a door that's ajar starts tapping in the wind :(

I don't even know which door it is :(

1 of my next door neighbours has a really heavy back gate that they seem incapable of closing. On a really windy night the bloody thing slams repeatedly like a barn door. They sleep at the front of the house and are usually well on the booze so they don't hear it. I've often had to get up, put my coat on and go out our back gate in the piddling rain to close their gate so I can get some sleep. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement