Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter installation

Options
  • 23-07-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm looking for areas in Cork where water meters are currently being installed and will be installed next week. Do you know any places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thornbury heights, Rochestown road...currently doing it there this week and probably next week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pembroke Wood, Passage West.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Your looking for them in dublin too. Do ya mind me asking why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

And Carlow......would like to know your interest please Arthur B?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Coming to Carrigaline in 2 weeks.

Edit: Protests in Westwood atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Arthur B

Thanks! I'm looking to do some work in that area and would like to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Work like this

315751.jpg

or this

315752.png

If it's the former then Irish Water have a recruitment page
    http://www.water.ie/about-us/jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Arthur B

I'm wondering if they use concrete, plastic or composite boxes for the meters and what meters they are exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Arthur B wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they use concrete, plastic or composite boxes for the meters and what meters they are exactly.

All the contracts have been placed already. All this information is available online. i'm in work so i can't poke around but i recall the meter make and type was named before.
    Looking at the picture you should be able to see the type of box which is being used

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Now if only I could find out how to get rid of the red paint crap they leave behind which marks underground utilities. Power hose didn't even take it off after they left. Bloomin footpath I'd covered in red lines. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Little protest outside an estate in Passage West the last week or so. They are installing down Rochester road at the minute I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Ludo wrote: »
    Now if only I could find out how to get rid of the red paint crap they leave behind which marks underground utilities. Power hose didn't even take it off after they left. Bloomin footpath I'd covered in red lines. Idiots.

it will wash off in a couple of months.
    I'd rather a few marked lines on the foothpath rather than a tomb stone marking the spot where a worker was electrocuted. I hope you would rather this also

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

They installed an itron metre in my house in Ballincollig.
    This data transmission device was attached on top of it to transmit the reading wirelessly.
    https://www.itron.com/aunz/productsAndServices/Pages/EverBlu%20Cyble%20Enhanced.aspx

Advertisement